Upcoming Coney Mall Addition?

Guest TombraiderTy

All that I can think of is Diamondback. Here is what I mean. Most people thought that there would be no room for a massive expansion in Rivertown. And when I think about there being a long boring walkway to X-Base, I second guess that thought.

I'm not ruling out an expansion of Coney Mall, in fact-I WELCOME IT!

Seems to me that Coney Mall has lost all of it's theming.. time to trim the trees, brush up the landscaping and make it feel like a turn of the century amusement park-the way it was INITIALLY designed to be.

Games, arcades are all fine, but make it more lively. It seems like besides Vortex, everyone makes the right at the diner to head toward Rivertown.

AFTER ALL... Kings Island is a THEME park... let's get to theming.

1.) Make Coney Mall one of the most beautiful parts of the park..

Landscaping. NEW PAINT... Let's see Racer's original red, white and blue paint job.. it really set off the area.

2.) While the planters' trees provide SOME shade they are also boring and distract guests from seeing the attractions.

Does the Action FX theater even operate anymore? lengthen the mall. Perhaps my other thread about a new water ride could be addressed here. Water ride for Coney Mall? Sounds like a winner to me!

What do you guys and ladies think?

^ I agree with a lot of what you said their. I've recently seen Coney Mall start to fall in looks to me.

And to answer your question, Yes, Spongebob still plays in the left theater while Urgent Scare is still set up inside the right theater..

^ I agree with a lot of what you said their. I've recently seen Coney Mall start to fall in looks to me.

And to answer your question, Yes, Spongebob still plays in the left theater while Urgent Scare is still set up inside the right theater..

Oh. how thrilling. -_-:lol:

yea, time for a new revamped coney mall...

it's borderline depressing anymore.

...AFTER ALL... Kings Island is a THEME park... let's get to theming....

Cedar Fair is quite proud of the fact they run amusement parks, not theme parks. Give Kings Island five more years under Cedar Fair (should the company continue to own it that long), and I doubt you see even a vestige of theming.

Cedar Fair is quite proud of the fact they run amusement parks, not theme parks. Give Kings Island five more years under Cedar Fair (should the company continue to own it that long), and I doubt you see even a vestige of theming.

I have always preferred Amusement Parks I hate having to walk by a ton of theming to get from one place to the other. That doesn't mean I don't want the place to look nice, though. I do think they should put chaser lights all the way around The Racer :). I also remember the first time I went out to KI and I told my wife I was very glad it was an Amusement park and not a theme park.

There are some places that can pull off theming like Sliver Dollar City, but other than a handful of places like that I think theming is just boring and takes up space, like at SFOT or Frontier City.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I know a lot of people like Theme Parks.

They do sell a t-shirt in one of the shops that says Kings Island Theme Park.Looks like someone messed up.

I'm not ruling out an expansion of Coney Mall, in fact-I WELCOME IT!

Seems to me that Coney Mall has lost all of it's theming.. time to trim the trees, brush up the landscaping and make it feel like a turn of the century amusement park-the way it was INITIALLY designed to be.

Games, arcades are all fine, but make it more lively. It seems like besides Vortex, everyone makes the right at the diner to head toward Rivertown.

AFTER ALL... Kings Island is a THEME park... let's get to theming.

Landscaping. NEW PAINT... Let's see Racer's original red, white and blue paint job.. it really set off the area.

2.) While the planters' trees provide SOME shade they are also boring and distract guests from seeing the attractions.

Does the Action FX theater even operate anymore? lengthen the mall. Perhaps my other thread about a new water ride could be addressed here. Water ride for Coney Mall? Sounds like a winner to me!

What do you guys and ladies think?

I like this guy! :)

Well except, Kings Island should stay an ammusment park, not a theme park. :rolleyes:

I would LOVE to see the Flying Eagles return! Or if not, I know Premier Rides build a 10-Tub version very similar to ours. Idlewild put one in in 2006. (Larson builds the 8-Tub)

Of course, a nice big Ferris Wheel would look great there! :)

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy

Landscaping...

Kings Island is amazingly land-scaped, especially Coney Mall. Instead of rushing to the rides, take a moment to admire all the hard work put into the area. In my opinion, the detail and abundance of greenery in the park is near equal to some of Disney's parks.

Forget it About theming, put in some rides, do some paint jobs, and make coney mall a great area of the park,

as for ki to be themed not a chance, I do feel another nice indoor, dark ride would be great but the park is not going to theme any more, and its an amusment park,,,,

I would LOVE to see the Flying Eagles return! Or if not, I know Premier Rides build a 10-Tub version very similar to ours. Idlewild put one in in 2006. (Larson builds the 8-Tub)

Of course, a nice big Ferris Wheel would look great there! :)

Finally, someone posted it.

I would love for the Eagles to return to KI. It's a mix of both a family attraction, and an enthusiast favourite.

• Like 1

I'd like to see THAT set return. The modern imitations are just that....imitations, and pale ones at that....

See, for instance, Indiana Beach, Camden Park, etc.

I absolutely agree.

The "Larson Flyers" at Camden, Hershey, Great America, Columbus Zoo, Indiana Beach, etc. are decent, but nothing quite like our original Bisch-Rocco 10-Tub Park model. I know people who have gotten them to snap a few times, but it's not recommended by the manufacturer.

Incidentally, the "8-Tub Bisch-Rocco Portable Model" wasn't very good either (Seabreeze, Strickers Grove, Conneaut Lake) but featured the same tubs as the Park version.

Idlewild has a 10-Tub model built by Premier Rides, which looks very similar to ours and from what I have heard, handles like it too.

A Picture: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1180/131237...1ce730b.jpg?v=0

Sadly, I don't see Cedar Fair building such a low-capacity ride such as these, but I can see them possibly going the Ferris Wheel route.

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of the site as of Saturday:

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

I'm sorry guys, but I just don't see anything major going there. It looks to me like they removed the BungeeDome to get rid of the eyesore, and are planting more grass. There is an area just like it next to Diamondback's Brake run.

Actually, I definitely see something going in there in the next couple of years. I doubt 2010, but I would say at least in 2011. I would say a flat ride would go in that area. It would fit nicely and add something to the area. I don't see a big coaster going in, but it would be sweet if one did. It would cross over The Racer and over the land that is by The Racer and has a few buildings. It'd make for an interesting layout. I gope something goes in there.

I could see another set of flat rides going in there next year if anything. but we'll see what Cedar Fair says about the 2010 budget. we may have to wait another couple of years to see anything big going in. but you know the back behind Son of Beast, if they were to knock out flight deck you could fit a gigacoaster back there with enough room to make it a racing one. i love making them on RCT3

I still think they should just get rid of Launch Pad (EuroBungy) and stick a small classic ride up there instead. I'm not sure how much room they have, but they could even flatten it out if they need more room. That queue line is too long for a pay-to-play attraction.