Upcoming Coney Mall Addition?

Guest TombraiderTy

theres still some stuff in americana that can be used . ****in couch with his dumb rv business. im sure me and most other people would rather have a place to have fun than go to a rv supercenter.

theres still some stuff in americana that can be used . ****in couch with his dumb rv business. im sure me and most other people would rather have a place to have fun than go to a rv supercenter.

Dumb rv business? At least that business has been a success and allowed him to develop a lot of that land into something useful and nice along that route. I'm sorry, but it's not Couch and his rv business you have to blame....it's the people who, like at Geauga Lake, didn't come.

Dumb rv business? At least that business has been a success and allowed him to develop a lot of that land into something useful and nice along that route. I'm sorry, but it's not Couch and his rv business you have to blame....it's the people who, like at Geauga Lake, didn't come.

But what about the people who did go, and had the worst time they've ever had at a park and left sorely disappointed and angry? Who's fault would that be, the company that was picked to operate the place, or Couch for hiring them? Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and may have contributed to LL's downfall.

Gator, who wishes he had never gone to Lesourdsville Lake...

Guest TombraiderTy

The first post has been slightly edited to include looks at the Flight Commander queue in both late 2006 and April 18, 2009. The appearance of the queue in 2006 seems identical to the one in late 2008.

I'm still wondering if the removal of all these poles is the first step in fully removing in the queue, or if it'll be reused for something, like a Haunt attraction. The number of supports seems to be a bit too many to transform that area into a patio area for park guests- not even space for a decent amount of tables.

first on lesourdsville we might as well kiss screechin eagle good bye!! its gone, its everyone's falt for not going to the park

I feel Ki will not improve on x base anytime soon, way past 40th anniversary...

we in the next 2 years may only see 1 flat i feel in rivertown......

That end of coney mall is dead,,,and heck who knows what will happen

What we'll see is a few additions to water park if were lucky:

Kings Island is not the only interest of Cedar Fair:

I wish ki would just add something new every year,, period:

considering that we got new coasters in 05, 07, and now 09, i doubt we will see a new coaster in the next 5 years, if anything i would love a brand new thrill ride, never made anywhere before, or if they could bring back the skyride,that would be awesome. I love skyrides!!!

YES!! I know that the skyride got jammed during a windstorm in '77 and subsequently was removed at the end of the '79 season.. but a skyride is not just an attraction. it is beautiful-seeing brightly colored cars floating above in the sky is absolutely magnificent to see. it also provides a great view of the park to provide another view of the grounds and it also provides transportation.

however on the flip-side of the skyride-people will be people they will try to throw things from the skyride, spit on guests below and quite frankly the skyride is not that modern a ride.

Thank goodness Cedar Point has decided to keep their's running for it's 48th season.. which proves that the pros MUST outweigh the cons.

I'M PRO-SKYRIDE!

Since hearing that great america in santa clara may be sold.... SALVAGE THE RIDES!! Re-distribute to other Cedar Fair parks. Great America has great flat rides!

anyone have any thoughts?

Still wouldn't mind seeing a nice giant wheel placed where the laser tag building was and a new flat on the old flight comander pad.

I couldn't agree more. They need a ferris wheel there and a set of flying eagles on the old FC pad.

But what about the people who did go, and had the worst time they've ever had at a park and left sorely disappointed and angry? Who's fault would that be, the company that was picked to operate the place, or Couch for hiring them? Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and may have contributed to LL's downfall.

Gator, who wishes he had never gone to Lesourdsville Lake...

I couldn't agree more. While LL was a nice little park with lots of charm Couch is an RV salesman not an amusement park operator. That's not meant as an insult to him, he is good at what he knows. The management company he hired was terrible and I think you're right Gator, the new Lesourdsville Lake that opened up in 2002 did not receive rave reviews.

considering that we got new coasters in 05, 07, and now 09, i doubt we will see a new coaster in the next 5 years, if anything i would love a brand new thrill ride, never made anywhere before, or if they could bring back the skyride,that would be awesome. I love skyrides!!!

quite frankly the skyride is not that modern a ride.

wel there has to be some sort of way to modernize it.

quite frankly the skyride is not that modern a ride.

wel there has to be some sort of way to modernize it.

Don't get me wrong, I want the skyride back as much as the next die hard Kings Island fan.. but there is no way to really "modernize" a skyride AND keep the natural charm of them.

Any ideas though? I'm an open book! would love to hear them!

IF the park were to enforce its other rules, e.g. no linejumping, no smoking in non-designated areas, drink wristbands changed daily in order to prevent scarfing up "free" drinks; then there would be some prospect of guests behaving on the skyride. Great Adventure and Six Flags Over Georgia seem to have very little problem with guest misconduct on skyrides, and the same can be said for Busch Gardens...