Upcoming Coney Mall Addition?

Guest TombraiderTy

I'm not ruling out an expansion of Coney Mall, in fact-I WELCOME IT!

Seems to me that Coney Mall has lost all of it's theming.. time to trim the trees, brush up the landscaping and make it feel like a turn of the century amusement park-the way it was INITIALLY designed to be.

Games, arcades are all fine, but make it more lively. It seems like besides Vortex, everyone makes the right at the diner to head toward Rivertown.

AFTER ALL... Kings Island is a THEME park... let's get to theming.

1.) Make Coney Mall one of the most beautiful parts of the park..

Landscaping. NEW PAINT... Let's see Racer's original red, white and blue paint job.. it really set off the area.

2.) While the planters' trees provide SOME shade they are also boring and distract guests from seeing the attractions.

Does the Action FX theater even operate anymore? lengthen the mall. Perhaps my other thread about a new water ride could be addressed here. Water ride for Coney Mall? Sounds like a winner to me!

What do you guys and ladies think?

I like this guy! :)

Well except, Kings Island should stay an ammusment park, not a theme park. :rolleyes:

Actually, i have always considered Kings Island as a themed amusement park. Which i think is more appropriate than calling it a theme park (which it isnt completely) or a plain amusement park (which it is, but with themed sections) ;)

-Bobby, who is very glad to be on summer vacation, and cant wait for full park visits

When Top Gun was installed, no one would have called it small. How times have changed.....

If Top Gun wasn't called small, what did people think of The Beast 30 years ago? Also, even since I was born 15 years ago (or even remembering back to around 2002-ish going to KI) times and thoughts about coasters have changed a LOT.

Going back to the original post (and I'm at work and can't really read all of it so sorry if its been answered) is because of cost of demolition vs. leaving it. It was cheaper to leave it up and hide it with bushes than to tear that entire platform down to remove it.

The poles most likely were torn out and use at DB, to save on cost.

As for that little patch of land, there were talks when I worked at the park about removing that old theatre, so they most likely just removed it. In fact, for a little while in 2006 or 07, there was a trailer game parked right in front of that theatre.

I could see another set of flat rides going in there next year if anything. but we'll see what Cedar Fair says about the 2010 budget. we may have to wait another couple of years to see anything big going in. but you know the back behind Son of Beast, if they were to knock out flight deck you could fit a gigacoaster back there with enough room to make it a racing one. i love making them on RCT3

you eat those words right now!!!! LOL omg i sound like my grandmother... theres no reason they can't stick a giga by them both... theres a pretty club blood building that could be moved *runs away from Gator*

But as Jackson stated.... its quite a small area. i would be the first person on board for a Ferris Wheel!! (25 and still have to ride the carousel and misses the old time cars) but i just try to imagine one there and can't do it. i mean that area's only the size of a smoking section for crying out loud. and if they went back to changing the theatre movie every other year, it'd get more ppl. they really need to realize that Spongebob has been overkilled and is dead, and i love that thing, but seriously how many years.... and now with the popularity/newness of Urgent Scare (<3) not to mention the VAST theming and equipment etc that goes into it. it takes 100 just to staff the darned thing effectively, i dont see the theatre going poof anytime soon.

But for the time being I COULD see a small "scarezone" type haunt going there.... you can have Haunts in a close vicinity (hello death row and trail of terror are right next door) plus red beards building got torn down, and is going to have to go somewhere, unless it replaces one (*crosses fingers* my fellow Haunt ppl know exactly which one i'm talking about too :P ) PLUS there will be a new Haunt this year, what it is, 99% of us aren't special enough to know yet, but it IS known to the ppl that need to know, and there will be a new one. Its gotta go somewhere.... so it's NOT impossible. Improbable? most likely, but could happen.

(*goes to start a "whats the haunt" Rumor thread*) O:)

• 2 weeks later...

That defies saftey regulations, and besides, that's all restricted area. Employee's only. Actually, if you ride the red Racer, you can see the blood and slime covered ambulence they used at Urgent Scare during the Haunt.

Do you understand what lockdown is?

And anyways, why build another path to X-Base, it would be redudent because that path would be the same length as the Coney Mall path. And there's no room between Zepher and Racer to build a path.

I'm pretty sure T0PGUN was just pointing out how much room there is for rides, most people aren't talking about a path to X-Base. They do OWN the park, they can change things and move things you know?

Eh, i was talking about the path. But, none the less, there still isn't much room for anything really. Just space between the arcade and Trampolines, but it would be a very small ride if one was to be put there. And there is next to no space where they tore down the lazer dome. It would also be an inconvenience to the employees for a new ride to be put there.

• 4 weeks later...

Two things I think Kings Island needs, an S&S Screamin Swing, and a Ferris Wheel. I had to remove the Restrooms to make the Ferris Wheel but I made some new ones in it's place.

2010.png

Both of these two attractions fit in the space, and there is still room for trees/landscaping.

i still think if they make a path from x-base and go around haunted trail and come out on the back side of f/x theater to conect with the exit que, they would have enough room to add some new rides for the next 5-10 years.

Eh, i was talking about the path. But, none the less, there still isn't much room for anything really. Just space between the arcade and Trampolines, but it would be a very small ride if one was to be put there. And there is next to no space where they tore down the lazer dome. It would also be an inconvenience to the employees for a new ride to be put there.

inconvenience to the employees?!?! please.... entertain me on that one... not too may employees use that maintence path, except maintence ppl, which actually come to think of it, most take the road bwtween racer and Firehawk as opposed to the paved one... and i'm sure the convenience of ride ops is of utmost importance *rolls eyes* actually i'm sure most employees would welcome something else bringing guests back there... its a boring trip...

Two things I think Kings Island needs, an S&S Screamin Swing, and a Ferris Wheel. I had to remove the Restrooms to make the Ferris Wheel but I made some new ones in it's place.

2010.png

Both of these two attractions fit in the space, and there is still room for trees/landscaping.

i <3 you nick :) this makes me happy

On racer the only lockout is being on the tracks lol, you can walk right next to it there are fences up when it gets closer to the ground. That placement of skyhawk looks amazing and the shop looks amazing as well. Bravo