Upcoming Coney Mall Addition?

Guest TombraiderTy

Two things I think Kings Island needs, an S&S Screamin Swing, and a Ferris Wheel. I had to remove the Restrooms to make the Ferris Wheel but I made some new ones in it's place.

2010.png

Both of these two attractions fit in the space, and there is still room for trees/landscaping.

WOW. That would be sweet. New for 2010 at Kings Island- Screaming Swing & Ferris Wheel! (Screaming Swing in particular would give KI yet another great giant flatride- now DT and Delirium aren't by themselves! Sorry Crypt, you're not a great ride.)

BTW, what rides are those in real life and where are they, because I know you photoshopped this. Good job too, it looks like a real photo at first.

The back of Coney Mall is often considered a ghost-town by many, sporting a variety of abandoned structures and minor attractions. During the 2008 season, guests would find (left to right) a small arcade, a closed food stand, Flight Commander's former queue, Launch Pad, the closed Laser Dome, and restrooms. The area receives some attention, thanks to Action Theater and Vortex, but it has nothing else to attract its guests. Could that soon change?

Flight Commander closed in 1995, but the poles from its queue have remained in place since. Up until 2008, all the poles were still present, stretching beneath the shelter. By opening day of this year, however, they were all gone.

Here is a look at the queue in late 2006:

l_5cca61e809f43eed1c0451038d48e2b7.jpg

And here's the same angle on April 18, 2009:

IMG_2658.jpg

Another section of the abandoned queue in 2006:

l_29800355de16aadbefa9a2b8177e8376.jpg

And the same angle, again on April 18, 2009:

IMG_2659.jpg

Something interesting to note in the above photo is the trash can with the newer Cedar Fair stickers. There are several other trash cans in the picture, too. Cleaning up demolition debris?

Possible reasons for the rails removal:

-The closed food-stand next door will soon reopen and the former waiting queue will be transformed into a seating area for park guests

-The removal of the rails is only the first step in fully removing the waiting line. Reasons for a full removal may be unsafe structure, room for expansion, or a new addition

-They were recycled for Diamondback's queue :P

Nearby, past the Launch Pad attraction, is a new spot of cleared land:

IMG_2701.jpg

This is where the Laser Dome formerly stood. Based off the webcam, it appears as if it was removed in the winter months of 2009 or earlier.

Possible reasons for its removal:

-Rid the area of an eyesore

-Unsafe structure

-Future expansion

Flight Commander's former waiting queue and the new spot of cleared land are only seperated by Launch Pad, which is elevated on a large platform. Launch Pad is a minor upcharge attraction, often disliked by park enthuasists. Could we soon be seeing it removed too, opening up a long strip of land at the end of Coney Mall?

If this is the case, we could see a new addition in 2010 or sooner.

Possible new additions include:

-New Haunt attraction

-Restaurant (closest one is Jukebox Diner)

-Gift shop (closest one is Attitudes)

-Flat ride (Ferris Wheel, ect.)

-Roller Coaster (El Loco, ect.)

-New midway games

-Start of pathway that connects to X-Base

-No new addition, just some new empty space

Thoughts on what may soon become of this area?

I have an idea what if the bathrooms became a new Haunt they could call them The Haunted Bathroom. so original

Two things I think Kings Island needs, an S&S Screamin Swing, and a Ferris Wheel. I had to remove the Restrooms to make the Ferris Wheel but I made some new ones in it's place.

2010.png

Both of these two attractions fit in the space, and there is still room for trees/landscaping.

WOW. That would be sweet. New for 2010 at Kings Island- Screaming Swing & Ferris Wheel! (Screaming Swing in particular would give KI yet another great giant flatride- now DT and Delirium aren't by themselves! Sorry Crypt, you're not a great ride.)

BTW, what rides are those in real life and where are they, because I know you photoshopped this. Good job too, it looks like a real photo at first.

I thought those weere real for a second I was like holy did KI change in the last few days.

2010.png

I thought those weere real for a second I was like holy did KI change in the last few days.

Whomever made this, see what you can do with the crypt building taken out and the land behind it. Beacuse the crypt is horrible now, just think of the possibilities of that space. it already has que lines.

2010.png

Whomever made this, see what you can do with the crypt building taken out and the land behind it. Beacuse the crypt is horrible now, just think of the possibilities of that space. it already has que lines.

I'm not that good with PS but how about this?

replacecrypt.jpg

Thanks for the replies about my 'photoshop'. It was actually made on Paint, lol. The Screamin' Swing is Skyhawk at CP and the Ferris Wheel is the one at Navy Pier in Chicago. The queue line for the Ferris Wheel is Delirium's and the restrooms are the ones by Invertigo.

2010.png

How tall of a ferris wheel do you think? It would be great if it dominated the Kings Island skyline.

2010.png

How tall of a ferris wheel do you think? It would be great if it dominated the Kings Island skyline.

It would have to be a really really tall Ferris Wheel to dominate the KI skyline.

^Yaeh and a 300 foot tall ferris wheel can really mess with someones head..

Especially if you fell out, like the lady Addict just saw on Spike's Most Amazing videos.

Ouch!

But that would be cool. And it would be awesome to violently shake the little ferris wheel cart-thing while 300 feet in the air. Life-long fear of heights in 3... 2... 1...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You had me fooled for a second, I figured KI would not just fill up a lake like that over time and another thing is the road beside The Racer. I would give anything for a Screaming Swing, they are really fun and for their size, they pack a mean punch.