What's going on in the Webcam?

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

Hey all,

I figured that now that the Construction topic is officially closed, and a lot of what was fun about that thread was commenting on what we saw in the webcam; it seems only fitting that we have an ongoing discussion of what's going on in the park through the webcam over the season.

Of course, today is a horrible day to start this thread because from what I'm seeing, the cam is frozen at 5:14 AM this morning. But I'm sure it'll thaw soon and we'll have all kinds of things to see in the park and talk about. :D

Hey Nemo it was great to see you over the weekend, I think your signature needs an update to "now it past"

i never really watched the web cam but was glad some of you did and caught some great shots like Standbyme's trip report. I guess i would look in to see the crowds during the summer.

If that's the standard, based on the other B & M hypers, from Apollo's Chariot to Raging Bull to Nitro (ones that have been around for a while), the temporary queues will probably still be there when the park has its 45th anniversary, and beyond!

The temp queues were gone today.

Not much of a line for Diamondback, then again it only been open to the public 15 minutes

No wasn't much of a line at all tonight, we rode in the fron once with a 5 minute wait and towards the back with a ~25 minute wait (about 15 minutes was during a "minor technical difficulty," the train got stuck half way up)

^^Just as suspected, tonight would've been golden for some D-back power riding!!

I know last year at Canada's Wonderland the first few Friday's of the season were gems for Behemoth (even a walk-on a few times!?!), but like then, I'm sure these are brief rare times, indeed. Good thing even when busy Diamondback's wait still isn't that bad!! :D

Not much of a line for Diamondback, then again it only been open to the public 15 minutes

No wasn't much of a line at all tonight, we rode in the fron once with a 5 minute wait and towards the back with a ~25 minute wait (about 15 minutes was during a "minor technical difficulty," the train got stuck half way up)

i bet it made an excellent view

^^But next Friday starts the Math/Science Days, for what that's worth (granted many schools won't be there the whole day)

So was there seat assigning or not? It sounds like you could pick your own seat tonight...just as nature intended!! :D

The whole park was dead tonight, it was great. The only rides with any lines were FH, FOF, BLSC and DB. Firehawk was the only one with a long wait, in part because they were only running 1 train. We also double rode SOB, not sure the wife will ever allow that again...

So was there seat assigning or not? It sounds like you could pick your own seat tonight...just as nature intended!! :D

Still had seat assigning :(, I asked to go to the front and he said okay, but I heard him turn other people away from the front a few minutes later.

Anyone know why the seat assigner is mic'ed?

^^But next Friday starts the Math/Science Days, for what that's worth (granted many schools won't be there the whole day)

You lost me at Math and science day. i want there last year for it (school related) and it was one of the worst days ive ever had there. Very crowded hundreds and hundreds of rude line cutting kids you know the works. <_<