Diamondback and Behemoth

Coney Islander

I'd like to know this as well. I have not been on Diamondback (I'm in Canada) but I do prefer it's layout to Behemoth. From what I've read, Behemoth has the better seating arrangements (no assigned seating) and the trims are lighter. It'd be nice to hear from someone that's been on both rides.

I'll go ahead and chime in since I've been on both (65+ rides on Behemoth). This isn't easy to say since I'm a *major* KI fanboy!, but in my opinion and for me, I prefer Behemoth, and by a little bit of a margin.

That said, I LOVE D-back, but with 30+ rides (in line now, actually), I think I have it figured out. Behemoth's layout (mostly straight) renders better continuity so both the speed and airtime have better consistency and momentum.

It became obvious why Behemoth's hammerhead is so ridiculously good...it's the 3rd hill!! (one of D-back's best!) But since Behemoth isn't zooming around all over the place, the air and G's are a little stronger over all the hills. I also think Behemoth's 1st drop is at its steepest point a little longer.

However, Diamondback has flat-out one of the best settings you can have! The Rivertown midway, Crypt queue, on-looker interaction, RR, WWC, and of course the splashdown make it incredibly interesting and unique to ride...as other's have said, it actually has personality!

So while Behemoth is more thrilling and forceful, D-back is more fun and probably has longer-lasting floater air, even on the trimmed 5th hill despite Behemoth's 4th hill trim not grabbing nearly as bad.

Also, I really hope the assigned seating does cease soon, like Behemoth's did!!

^ I completely agree with the above assessment, particularly with the hammerhead element. It's definitely another element on Behemoth, whereas on Diamondback it's simply a turnaround. The sensation you get on Behemoth's hammerhead, particularly in the back row, right hand seat is outstanding. I'd also contend that Behemoth feels like it offers a slightly longer ride.

I couldn't put my finger on why I felt Behemoth felt was better than Diamondback until the hammerhead element was mentioned. The "big" hills on both offer similar airtime (outstanding air, I might add), but Behemoth gives it to you in more quick hitting fashion and the hammerhead really sets it over the top. Being able to see the city of Toronto out in the distance on the first hill doesn't hurt either!

Funny the comparison going on because when Diamondback was 1st announced it reminded me alot of Nitro - and I had so hoped it would be as awesome as Nitro Well-it's totally WAY better!

Not to mention its only 1.5 hours from me!! :rolleyes:

I did notice that the stats of some of DBs and Nitro's elements are exactly the same. I do prefer the seating design on Diamondback as well as the entire train design, and can't get enough of the splash landing!

Haven't ridden Behemoth yet but from all I heard it may be worth the drive to check it out.

For now, I will just continue to enjoy Diamondback!

I have yet to ride Behemoth, in fact DB was my first B&M hyper. I've been on a floorless B&M invert and a B&M standup, but that's it. (Gee, I wonder if anyone can guess what those are! :lol: )

Even with the trim on DB's 5th hill, it didn't affect the air on that hill at all. I was ecstatic. Although I must happily declare from my last trip report, that with my first two rides on DB last Friday.. that trim was off. :D

Edited by gigacoaster2k