We came. We saw. We Conquered!

indianapolisman

April 18 2009. A great day in Kings Island history. A day anticipated by many for quite a while.I for one did not realize how much that anticipation would grow until Friday night. For then I could not sleep. Or until around Midnight when I finaly dozed off till the alarm woke me at Three. Joining me for the day

was IBEW Sparky. He picked me up right at Four and we made good time making it before Six. There was a little confusion when we arrived about where to go to register, but soon ironed out all the official details, and were soon joing the others in the Auction ride.

7-9 Auction Ride

First off let's thank KIC as a whole. I would be curios to see the numbers raised by members of this forum. I saw a lot of faces that took place and know it

was a tremendous help to the "A Kid Again" organization. Being the father of two beautiful, healthy kids I admit it's often easy to take for granite the daily

struggles other family's go through.

d485fa40.jpg

And I'm happy to have contributed to such a wonderful cause.

The ceremonies went fast and the first rides were under way. I caught a picture of one forum member on the train.

b2235663.jpg

That's Giga who is the most enthusiastic person on this train.

a2d8657a.jpg

First riders returning.

9-11 Group Rides

We got together in a small group of about ten seen in Beast 1979's TR. We rode Beast, Racer, and AE. We all attempted to ride FOF, but unfortunately it did

not open with the rest of the rides. I had not ridden AE in a long time and hadn't realized how hard it throws you around. We all split after AE and me and Sparky got a bite to eat. We decided quickly on La Rosas which was a great meal at what i thought was a great deal. At least for Park prices that is. We didn't have anything else planned till a show at 2:30. So we walked around and got some photos and Sparky bought a new pair of shades. Then we went and caught a flight on the short but sweet FD. And then proceeded to the show. On the way to FD we noticed this.

d6fb7762.jpg

Yeah that's a doughnut on that Cooper! HaHa

We decided to see the "Parrots of the Caribbean" mainly because it was a one time show this season. I'll have plenty of time the rest of the season to catch the others with the family. But enjoy the most of them and didn't want to miss a one time performance. They did a real good job of recreating the atmosphere of a Jimmy Buffet show. And it was truly enjoyable.

6c54a810.jpg

c130b2df.jpg

8c8554d0.jpg

After the show Sparky and I split from the group once again. We got a ride on Vortex, and finally FOF. We then ate some Skyline which I'm happy to say did not recieve any price increases from last year. We then headed over to DB for a late evening ride. There was several members in line in front of us who we would meet up with later. We rode front car again this time seats 3,4. Which happend to be the best ride of the day. Soon after we met with several members for a BOT night ride on Beast. LOVED IT!!

Avatar then leaned up and asked "One last ride on DB?" Of coarse!! My reply. This was the best part of the day. The Fireworks were set off visible from DB

que and was amazing.

3b070ae8.jpg

cd9cd3a4.jpg

af9a6e38.jpg

To wrap this up here is some photos I didn't fit in.

f80fe267.jpg

8add0c98.jpg

21ef8bf7.jpg

99bb4bef.jpg

557d7c9c.jpg

Last but not least have to thank my supportive wife Candie who gave up her auction seat so I could spend the whole day. Thanks, and Love you honey.

Also many may have noticed the "Race for the Cure" shirt I wore the whole day. It was in support for my Mother, a Three Year survivor. The Race was on the 18th. Unable to make it I wore the shirt in her honor. Thanks for being completely understanding. Love you Mom.

Well that's it. It's going to be a great season. I made some new friends and look forward to making more. One thing I can say is everyone from this site is one of a Very good kind. And I can say this is the best visit to the park for me in 19 years.

Great report indianapolisman, I meant to ask about your shirt but figured you were showing support for that weekends walk but like a fool I did not make the connection to think you had a more personal reason for wearing it. I am so glad everything worked out for you and that you got to come for the first rider auction, I think you were more worried about giving to the cause than the Diamondback ride.

Standbyme you was missed Saturday and I actually said to my self a couple times "Standbyme would love to see this". Also that picture you referenced to Standbyme there was 7 of us park enthusiasts there and while the firework fanaily was going off there was a Diamondback train going up and one was splashing down. All seven of us was in complete awe.

Nice trip report...and your kids are cute...are they twins? I REALLY like this photo...

3b070ae8.jpg

...it has "atmosphere"...I feel like I can tell just like it would have been like to be at the park that evening!

Thanks for posting.

Out of all the pics I took of the fireworks

I felt this one really did capture the moment best.

No they aren't twins, but are a mear 15 months apart.

Ive got to throw in a HUGE thank you to your Wife as well here Bro... both of you and your selfless actions gave me a once in a lifetime chance to experience the special Festivities of the morning. This day just KILLED any other day I have ever had at KI, and that would stand true even if the DB ride had not happened. I truly enjoyed the company of the little group we got together with, and I would consider it an honor and true pleasure to spend many more days at the park with any of you. I will make very sure to post up from now on when I am going to be at the park, and if our trips co-incide lets make it a point to hook up either before going to the park for breakfast or something, or in the park! Anyone here who would like my email addy or cellie, PM me and I will gladly give it up.

Scott

Oh yeah... how ya gonna use a Cooper with a donut on it for a display vehicle?? :rolleyes::lol:

Avatar then leaned up and asked "One last ride on DB?" Of coarse!! My reply. This was the best part of the day. The Fireworks were set off visible from DB

que and was amazing.

3b070ae8.jpg

WOOHOO!! I've been looking for this pic. My mom (Paperg) Said she saw us in one of the pics and I was looking and looking, but now I found it... We are in the bottom right hand corner.

KI20fireworks2.jpg