Graffiti in Diamondback Line Already

MarketingExpress

Or not depositing trash in the trashcans?

That absolutely drives me insane. I work at Speedway and we have 7 large trash cans, 2 HUGE dumpsters, and 2 ashtray/trash cans outside. What do people do? They throw trash all over the ground, and empty their ash trays in the parking lot!

My number 1 peeve is when people throw trash AT a trash can, watch it bounce off the trash can, and keep walking. It's enough to make me want to choke them. I've actually reached over, grabbed the trash, thrown it in the can, and said to them, "The trash can is RIGHT THERE." I will completely clean the lot, go back the next day and it's trashed again.

:angry:

I understand completely. I work at Hardee's and when I'm working frontline I usaully go out in the lobby and ask people if they are finished with there baskets and I take them for them and throw there trash away. What really bothers me is when I ask someone if I could take there basket which they are clearly finished with and they tell me no and that they will throw it away. Then they leave and I have to come pick there trash up off the floor because a little kid or another guest had knocked it off the table. Then there is a certain employee who will drop something on the floor and just kick it under a table as if it wasn't there problem.

It is this same manner of ideology that has also cause the downfall of the arcade industry in America. If you go to Japan, arcades are almost on every street corner, here in America they are almost non-existent. This is due to a number of other factors as but the main one is the fact that as a whole our youth likes to be quite destructive. Americans, we just can't have anything nice without trying to "break it in." It really makes me sad that people have no respect.

Here's something I've always wondered...you see graffiti & "gum walls" at KI, CP, the Six Flags parks, and even some Busch Parks pretty commonly. Unfortunately, it's pretty much par for the course.

But, you never see that at Disney? Why is that? I have to believe they have the same "bad apples" attend their parks as well...

Part of the reason you don't see a huge gum problem at Disney is the fact that gum is not sold anywhere on Disney property. Even if you stop by the Hess gas station outside the park gates to fill up, you're still on Disney property and can't buy gum (or Pepsi products. ugh) Now, that's not stopping people from buying gum before they get on property, but it does amazingly stop most of the gum problem.

In addition, as reclaimer and I have both learned; the Disney parks never sleep. As soon as an area is cleared for the night, the crews hit the streets. Sure gum hit's the ground, but they will walk the streets and hit it with a pressure washer. You wouldn't believe how much cleaning and touching up happens evey night. I know for a fact, in addition to maintainence, the Artist Prep Dept. inspects each ride regularly.

The other thing about Disney parks is simply that people respect the parks. On the opening day of Disneyland, Walt told the opening crew, "If you keep a place clean, people will respect it, if you let it get dirty, they'll make it get worse."

It's more than just trash though. The parks are built upon this. This is why the parks are built with concrete instead of asphalt. Concrete can be painted and it gives a much cleaner appearance.

Also, while at Disney you'll find that *most* guests will take the time to find a trash can. There are of course the bad apples in the bunch but as you learn in Traditions, every cast member at Disney is a custodial host at in addition to their normal role.

Indeed, when I worked at Disney, I often picked up my fair share of trash when I otherwise didn't need to. It's a habit that has stuck with me to this day, so no matter where I am (including KI) if I see a piece of trash lying in front of me, I'ma pt to pick it up and deposit it in the nearest trash can. There is graffitti at Disney on some of the rides, but the park usually does a good job in cleaning it up promptly. Perhaps KI could one day take the lead of large cities and invite local graffiti artists to the park for a competition in order to give them a sanctioned forum for their work.

When in line for DB on Saturday morning, we ran into someone's gum on the steps leading up to the station (someone had stuck it on the wood on down near the ground). My fiance kicked it off and to the ground. Really, the trash can is right at the top of the stairs. I mean, the ride was only open for about and hour and 40 minutes by that time and someone had already started with the gum.

It was ironic because just a couple minutes before that when we were in the queue where you go under the lift; there are those wooden walls there and I jokingly made a comment that we should admire these walls now because in a few months they were going to be covered in gun and lord knows what else.

Just goes to show how disrespectfull people can be. One week and already being messed with. Im going to have to say its somthing to do with opening day and the large mass of people who only visited the park to ride at least once.

Ugh this drives me crazy!! Racer and Meanstreak have it the WORST!!! People spit their gum onto the wooden planks or walls in the break-runs!! It's disgusting!! It makes me want to put gloves on, pick the gum off the wood and shove it down their throats. :angry:

Ugh this drives me crazy!! Racer and Meanstreak have it the WORST!!! People spit their gum onto the wooden planks or walls in the break-runs!! It's disgusting!! It makes me want to put gloves on, pick the gum off the wood and shove it down their throats. :angry:

Or in their eyeballs, ears, and various other openings.

Flyer, who is that morbid.