ASA Action Sports World Tour Coming to Kings Island!

High-flying thrills will abound when the ASA Action Sports World Tour, one of the industry’s oldest and most elite action sports circuits, makes a stop at Kings Island for two days of intense competition May 23-24.

As the fourth stop on the 2009 Tour, this event will feature the world’s top X Games pros in Skateboard, BMX and Freestyle Motocross (FMX) and offers a chance for competing athletes to gain valuable ranking points necessary for qualification into ASA Entertainment’s season-ending Action Sports World Championships.

Each day, park visitors will witness heart-stopping action from the sport’s top athletes such as 2008 X Games and LG Skateboard Vert World Champion Pierre-Luc Gagnon (Montreal, Canada), former Skateboard World Champion Sandro Dias (Sa Paulo, Brazil) Skateboard Vert Superstar Danny Mayer (Omaha, Nebraska), 2008 X Games and LG BMX Vert World Champion Jamie Bestwick (Nottingham, England), 2008 X Games BMX Big Air Champion Chad Kagy (Gilroy, CA), and BMX Vert Superstar Simon Tabron (Newquay, England). Revving up the intensity will be the Freestyle Motocross pros whose back-flips and whips will leave spectators in awe.

As part of this action-packed event, Crooked X will take to the stage May 23 and Collective Soul May 24 for a full concert featuring their latest and greatest hits.

The two-day event, including the concerts, is included free with park admission and season pass.

Each ASA Action Sports World Tour event is televised nationally on a variety of networks, including CBS Sports, Spike, VERSUS, Fox Sports Net and FUEL TV. International fans will also enjoy the action in more than 180 countries around the globe.

After what may have felt like an eternity to many of counting down the months, days, hours, minutes or even seconds that time has finally arrived! It's fast, it's full of venom and IT'S HERE! Diamondback, Kings Island's new 230' steel monster, will open this Saturday. With its incredible height, ten vertical drops, special open-air stadium-style seating and countless other incredible and innovative features, it is certainly the most anticipated new ride of 2009!

Click here to see photos of Diamondback or

to see a video of Diamondback in action!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

I think that this is great!!!!! This is why I am so happy that Kings Island now bears Cedar Fair's name. They just keep getting better and better, and they keep bringing back that old feel of the park, and making it seem so alive again, and so much like a temporary escape from everything. I was hoping that they would announce something like this. Although the Warren County Guide in the McDonald's nearest to Kings Island already mentioned this event, it is nice to see that it is now officially on K.I.Central. I just hope that Cedar Fair surprises us with even more events throughout the year!

• 2 weeks later...
It's way too early to depend upon or worry about that forecast...

Ohhh hunnie I'm so glad you said that, because I just got all kinds of emo distress when I saw that forecast! I noticed that the forecast has changed twice since I posted that too! Child someone is always trying to tinkle on my parade!! Have a blessed day

• 2 months later...