kings dominion new coaster in development

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Hell, it coud be!! But if so, Carowinds and 'Lil Kinzel got the shaft!

But honestly, KD has enough already, IMO...

Right now we don't know all the details pertaining to the new 2010 coaster project just yet & just because Kinzel Jr. is the GM of Carowinds doesn't mean that the park is all of a sudden going to become spoiled rotten.

I wouldn't mind finding out what area of land within the park the parcel # listed on the site plan pertains to,I have a feeling that the coaster isn't going in the clearing behind anaconda & across from FOF but may go somewhere behind hurler or rebel yell...or quite possibly north from the HS:XLC area & through old virginia instead but only time will tell.

Right now we don't know all the details pertaining to the new 2010 coaster project just yet & just because Kinzel Jr. is the GM of Carowinds doesn't mean that the park is all of a sudden going to become spoiled rotten....

Oh, really?

Well we don't know what the ride type or material is yet as we don't have access to the detailed site plan sketches,it could be a hyper due to the fact that they mention water requirements but that could also mean that they need to make changes to the drainage system for the waterpark.

My best guess is either another woodie(giving the park a total of 5 ),a hyper or a flyer as those are the only two steel coasters that KD's currently lacking but it could very well be an impulse coaster since the park is in need of a shuttle coaster ever since King Kobra was removed in 1986.

I haven't seen any markers but I will guess they are getting a Halloween attraction like Club Blood. I will bet that is what Cedar Point is is getting. If there is a coaster coming it will probably be a transplant from a closing park.

I haven't been keeping up with the rumors so I could be way off. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Looks more Intaminish to me.

http://rcdb.com/ig4147.htm?picture=15

Look at supports on left.

I think the supports look totally different. The first link shows round supports, the second link shows square supports. The square supports have octagonal bases. The round supports have some round bases, and some octagonal bases. Can someone explain this to me?

Looks more Intaminish to me.

http://rcdb.com/ig4147.htm?picture=15

Look at supports on left.

I think the supports look totally different. The first link shows round supports, the second link shows square supports. The square supports have octagonal bases. The round supports have some round bases, and some octagonal bases. Can someone explain this to me?

Some of the supports look very similar to those on DB's lift at the base.