kings dominion new coaster in development

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks more Intaminish to me.

http://rcdb.com/ig4147.htm?picture=15

Look at supports on left.

I think the supports look totally different. The first link shows round supports, the second link shows square supports. The square supports have octagonal bases. The round supports have some round bases, and some octagonal bases. Can someone explain this to me?

Some of the supports look very similar to those on DB's lift at the base.

That's what I thought. But, other supports have shaped differently (not round).

I just looked at more pictures of iSpeed. It looks like the round end connects to the track and the octagonal end is what attached to the footer/footing (I don't know which). So yeah, it might be Intamin. The guy who runds Screamscpae seems to think it is something other than B&M or Intamin, though.

An Intamin? At Kings Dominion? I find that, ehh, fishey. I would not be surprised if it is some sort of B&M, possibly even a hyper. Both Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island (Both previous Paramount Parks) recieved B&M hypers in the past 2 years, and Kings Dominion has been rumored to get one for quite a while. Also, this trying to asses what type of support is what coaster manufacturer is something I am not a fan of. Support styles can change with coaster type, terrain, and other unique specifications. Trying to determine a manufacturer from supports would be like determining an outfit from the shoes.

An Intamin? At Kings Dominion? I find that, ehh, fishey. I would not be surprised if it is some sort of B&M, possibly even a hyper. Both Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island (Both previous Paramount Parks) recieved B&M hypers in the past 2 years, and Kings Dominion has been rumored to get one for quite a while. Also, this trying to asses what type of support is what coaster manufacturer is something I am not a fan of. Support styles can change with coaster type, terrain, and other unique specifications. Trying to determine a manufacturer from supports would be like determining an outfit from the shoes.

Very true but once we spot track then there'll be no doubt about the manufacturer of this ride.

now track is being unloaded across the park....

Anyone got any pics of the track? LCG & KDG posted some pics of more supports being offloaded in the truck stop across the street from the park & the close up in the lot showing the supports already on site shows some pretty massive columns.Another thing I noticed is the size of the fenced off section of the lot....looks like they'll be recieving a lot of parts before this thing goes up.

Has B&M has square supports before with octagonal/hexagonal bases before? (I really don't know). If not, it is likely this isn't a B&M coaster. Yes, supports and styles can change, but from hearing you people talk on here, they like to stay consistant with what works.

No, b&m supports are all circular thease appear to be the new intamin supports. I am very suprised how cedar has a string of b&ms but would just decide to go intamin with KD it could be that theres a b&m hyper 1-2 hours away and same with an intamin hyper so they are going with an intamin giga so they are different but who knows

I'm 100% positive its not B&M. Definately Intamin. I'm also going with a Mega-lite style coaster. Maybe launched though.

Some of the columns are rather large in diameter so this probably won't be a launcher & a maverick clone is probably out of the question due to the capacity per train being so low so I'm still sticking with a mega/hyper for now.

For now I'll just say this. When was the last time Cedar Fair built an Intamin coaster in one of their non-Cedar Point parks?

Xcelerator(Knotts bery farm) steel venom(worlds of fun), and possesed(dorney park but its re located from a non origonal Cedar Fair park

For now I'll just say this. When was the last time Cedar Fair built an Intamin coaster in one of their non-Cedar Point parks?

Xcelerator(Knotts bery farm) steel venom(worlds of fun), and possesed(dorney park but its re located from a non origonal Cedar Fair park

Steel Venom was purchased by Six Flags, and moved to Dorney Park as part of the disintegration of Geauga Lake.

Also, I have heard that Xcelerator is a prototype of the Intamin Hydraulic Launch system, used in Top Thrill Dragster the next year.

Like I said from the beginning, I'm going with an Intamin. KD is known for all it's Launched Coasters it's had (FoF, Volcano, IJST, Hypersonic, King Kobra) Since they only have 3 Left, maybe they would want to be the park with most Launched coasters? It's Currently tied with Knott's, and even though it's also a CF park, Maybe Cedar Fair wants to have all it's park have something special. Kings Island has most wooden track, Cedar Point has most coasters, Knott's is America's first theme park, Carowinds is the only park in two states, and maybe Kings Dominion will be the park with the most Launched Coasters?

Like I said from the beginning, I'm going with an Intamin. KD is known for all it's Launched Coasters it's had (FoF, Volcano, IJST, Hypersonic, King Kobra) Since they only have 3 Left, maybe they would want to be the park with most Launched coasters? It's Currently tied with Knott's, and even though it's also a CF park, Maybe Cedar Fair wants to have all it's park have something special. Kings Island has most wooden track, Cedar Point has most coasters, Knott's is America's first theme park, Carowinds is the only park in two states, and maybe Kings Dominion will be the park with the most Launched Coasters?

This will most likely be a giga,which explains why they went with intamin & not B&M for this project since B&M refuses to build above 230 ft.It does make sense seeing as the last two hypers CF built were both B&M's....I recall seeing some info in the zoning board documents stating that the exit ramp will be over water so the ride's station & lift may very well be located in that thin strip of cleared land next to anaconda's lift with the rest of the layout going on the other side of the trees next to the road.

Adding a giga makes sense because a steep lift can be placed in that limited amount of space(ala MF) with the first drop easily fitting into the remaining space withough habing to clear additional land.