kings dominion new coaster in development

remember when it used to be fun to speculate about what fun new ride was coming to a park... without getting "proof attacked"...???

*sings*

"those were the days...."

We're not "proof-attacking" anyone. He just keeps insisting that the KD coaster is a giga and is not considering anything else. Ha says everything points to a gigacoaster and we're wanting to know what this "everything" is.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the tree how big it's grown, but soon

Send in the cranes,

There ought to be cranes

And now it's next year....

Terpy, in reruns or summer stock

Call me stupid, but I never really got that. :)

Honestly... me too. Someone want to clarify exactly what Terpy means?

Think about it this way...where there's supports, cranes are sure to follow...

And then think of the song:

Send in the clowns,

There ought to be clowns...

It even gets better! The first verse, honest:

Isn't it rich?

Are we a pair?

Me here at last on the ground,

You in mid-air.

Send in the clowns.

And the last?

Isn't it rich?

Isn't it queer,

Losing my timing this late

In my career?

And where are the clowns?

There ought to be clowns.

Well, maybe next year.

Terpy, cross threader...now where's The Big Red Crane?

(Lastly:

Don't you love farce?

My fault I fear....)

you know... if you really do like send in the clowns I highly suggest you go to you tube and search for

"Santa Clara Vanguard Send in the Clowns"

however prior to listening, you must turn your speakers up to the setting marked "max" and then take 2 steps away from the computer

eh... heres a link - there are a 'few' recordings of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rwz_Ga_gI

read the kdfansite forums if you want to see where hes getting at if not than just let it go

I have been reading it some. Maybe I just need to read it more because I just don't understand why he keeps insisting it's a gigacoaster. Hey, I hope it is, although I must say I'd be a little jealous if it turns out great, which I hope it does.

They're loading supports back to trucks and its not going to be their coaster maybe for Cedar Point or Carowinds....

Uh huh...sure...because everyone knows the most economical way of getting coaster supports delivered is to send them somewhere else, unload them for a while, store them, pack them back up and send them again.

No way.

None whatsoever...

Nice try, though. No, not even that. Silly, actually.

They would not bother with unloading them, I'm sure the have a receiving area manager who excepts deliveries. If a mistake like that happened the driver would be told he made a mistake and send him on his way to Carowinds. When I worked at GWL we would get truckers trying to deliver ki stuff to us and we would have to give them correct directions.

I can't blame them! All these parks are so hard to remember, there wasn't and Island in Cincinnati, a Berry Farm in California, or a King in Doswell! Because, it's easy to mistake a Kingly park in Virginia with a Windy park in Carolina!

Please. That wasn't even a nice try.

I don’t think they delivered them to the wrong park. I think they were damaged in the recent storms(which were really bad) and they had to ship them back to Intamin for fixing. Or they could be moving them back behind tidal wave bay because there is a stack of wood back there identical to the kind the supports were sitting on in the parking lot

I don’t think they delivered them to the wrong park. I think they were damaged in the recent storms(which were really bad) and they had to ship them back to Intamin for fixing. Or they could be moving them back behind tidal wave bay because there is a stack of wood back there identical to the kind the supports were sitting on in the parking lot

How can steel supports be damaged simply by being left flat on the ground during a thunderstorm when these supports will have to weather many such storms once they're finally put into place during construction?

I don't believe that the park is trying to hide the coaster parts from public view either since they'd been sitting there for over a week before suddenly being removed.....that coupled with all the site work going on.I'm sure that in that one week's worth of time & the thousands of guests that have been through the lot,and on the ET that most of them would've figured out that something is up at the park.

Now it is possible that KD & CF may have cancelled plans to install this ride at the park & may ship it off to one of the other parks in the chain....another possibility is that intamin could've mistakenly sent the wrong coaster type to the park,let's not forget that they have alot of other customers worldwide whom they do business with & it's possible that the coaster type that the park ordered was not the one they recieved parts for.