kings dominion new coaster in development

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Agreed, but when you're not riding you don't want to see 10 different coasters all with the same color scheme. A lot of the general public use the color to describe what rides they enjoyed, i.e. "I love the green and blue ones at Cedar Point, but that wood one is just horrible." :P

^^I read RCDB di have the FI coaster at Ferrari World listed as being made by Premier. I checked today to see if anymore info was on there, and now no manufacturer is listed. Also, just because it's the same track as F1, that doesn't mean it will be a similar coaster. As others have said, it could be a new track type that (probably Intiman) will start using for their coasters. So, the coaster could be a mega coaster, a giga coaster, or a launch coaster that goes very fast (if it's a launch coaster, I would hope they make it go nearly as fast as they could. The F1 coaster is supposed to be a world record. I don't expect it to be that fast, but I would hope 100+ mph), or anything in between. So no, the problem is not solved. Speaking of problems, I hope there are no problems with the ride (or more problems if something was wrong with the supports).

Maybe CF think there will be less maintenance issues with it. Right now, F1 is supposed to go around 150 mph. Maybe CF saw no need in going that fast. Or it could be CF wants it to go around 100 mph to be one of the fastest coasters in the world (I believe that would put it at like 5th), but they still wanted TTD to be the fastest in the CF chain. Finally, it could've been a lot cheaper to have it go say 90 mph versus going 140 mph.

***As you can see, I really have no answer for you. Just possible ideas.

150 on a coaster sounds painful with bugs and raindrops. I rode Titan once in a light rain, front seat, it felt like a hundred little needles in my face ;).

Still I would take the pain for 150mph :).

As for the color, the red track isn't bad but I don't like yellow support. I personally think they should do a tie-die track or a neon track with black lights ;):P

Um. Because that is how fast to coaster goes. That is probably what the system allows the train to run and it still be safe. Also, they can't lie and say it goes 130 mph if it only goes 128 mph. They get even more specific with The Beast and say it goes 64.8 mph. They do that with other coasters, too.

Edit: Terpy beat me.

One thing needs to be taken into account here & that is the limits of bio-engineering....while we can always find a way to increase the structural engineering of a coaster by re-enforcing the track with a larger spine we cannot change the limits of the human body.

Just look at the forces exerted on riders on KK as an example,that 128 mph launch has really got to do a number on one's body that it simply wasn't designed by nature to withstand so I don't really see a need...let alone advantage for coasters to get much faster than that.

Top Thrill Dragster, according to ride ops who's names I don't know, won't clear the top unless going about or over 121 mph. Depending on train wieght, weather conditions, and the varying speed of the cable pully, the train's speed can change drastically.

When they say 128 mph, I would bet it can change between at least 125 and 131.

One thing needs to be taken into account here & that is the limits of bio-engineering....while we can always find a way to increase the structural engineering of a coaster by re-enforcing the track with a larger spine we cannot change the limits of the human body.

Just look at the forces exerted on riders on KK as an example,that 128 mph launch has really got to do a number on one's body that it simply wasn't designed by nature to withstand so I don't really see a need...let alone advantage for coasters to get much faster than that.

I was reading about the acceleration of Ring*Racer (the ride that will become the fastest in the world). On its launch, it puts you under about 2.5 g's. That can be easily withstood byt the human body.

And have the other park companies complain about the rounding? It is what it is. It is 128. It is NOT 130.

but sometimes the train can launch faster than that, i've even seen top thrill go 126 mph

Do they have a machine like a speed gun that tells you how fast the launch was?