kings dominion new coaster in development

Diamondback's footings were starting to be poured before the beginning of the season, this ride's in the middle of June. Diamondback's track didn't appear on site until late August, this ride, Early June?

Am I missing something?.......

Diamondback's track was already put up by Late August, It showed up July 23rd. I believe.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what CP,KD,CAR will get next year. At least one will probobly get a B&M, as there is one Hyper unnacounted for. KD's is showing signs of an intamin. With Prowler coming off WOF, we could be looking at a GCI Woodie for CP. Rumered pictures of steel supports are coming in from CP.

My Expectations:

1: Carowinds: B&M Hyper. A few more features than D-Back.

2. Cedar Point: GCI Woodie. 80-120 ft tall. Based off of that section of the park.

3. Kings Dominion:Some Kind of intamin.

4. Kings Island: Some Kind of flat in coney mall, near Vortex. And Coney Mall renovated. My thought is that Cedar Fair might have purchased two Ferris Wheels or more. Americana and X. Not confirmed, just a thought.

5: A Great Next Year At all of the parks.

P.S. I know its been talked about.

Rumered pictures of steel supports are coming in from CP.

Was that a typo? I haven't heard any rumors of supports at CP. As for KI, I wouldn't expect anything more than some new paint next year but there plenty of other topics for that.

Rumered pictures of steel supports are coming in from CP.

I'm thinking he meant Canada's Wonderland... although pictures have yet to surface, several, and I mean several people have reported seeing steel coaster supports at a few locations thougout the park.

4. Kings Island: Some Kind of flat in coney mall, near Vortex. And Coney Mall renovated. My thought is that Cedar Fair might have purchased two Ferris Wheels or more. Americana and X. Not confirmed, just a thought.

The didn't purchase Americana from a manufacturer, it came from Geauga Lake when they closed to ride park.

I heard it somewhere, that small supports came in to Cedar Point. Not Positive, because I researched a ton of stuff recently. One thing is for sure though, is that it was definately CP. Ok, then I guess I should have looked closer into Cedar Fairs massive movement of rollercoasters.

This whole rumor started about the supports showing up at other CF parks when KD moved the supports that were delivered earlier in the month.

I was at the park yesterday & no new track has arrived(still only about 6 segments in the staging area)I even hiked all the way up from the SP lot to the staging area to snap a pic or two before my camera memory filled up & took a ride on anaconda to get a view of the site.From what I saw it looks like the clearing only goes to rebel yell south's turnaround,where judging by the markings either an OBT or more likely a helix will be located so this ride may be smaller than we had hoped but we'll have to just wait til august for the announcement.

My 2 cents on the Cedar Point rumor: When I was there for CoasterMania, the "Cleared Spot" was just some trees removed, nothing more. Also, it was isolated to just the tip of Millennium Island. If you saw what I saw, you would have doubts about a new coaster there. Also, if something were to go there, the biggest rumors have been Snake River Falls being removed to make room for a new water ride.

I can't blame them! All these parks are so hard to remember, there wasn't and Island in Cincinnati, a Berry Farm in California, or a King in Doswell! Because, it's easy to mistake a Kingly park in Virginia with a Windy park in Carolina!

Please. That wasn't even a nice try.

I just want to clarify on the Knott's bit. Knott's began as a road side food stand owned by Walter Knott who specialized in what is known as boysenberry :) indeed it was a farm long ago.

kd201003_194.jpg

Holy Sh*&!!!! That washer container is MASSIVE. And it says it weighs 1,027 kg! I understand the weight with the size, but I've never seen something like that before. I can't believe the packing slip says 'Giga Coaster' on it :blink: . I would think the park would want to keep it a bigger secret. Looks like KD isn't getting a coaster with one of the fastest speeds in the world (courtesy of a launch). Also, we finally have confirmation the Intamin has made a new track style.

Yeah and that $1.24B is what has CF in the financial dificulties they currently face, with a heavy heavy debt load. The fact that CF is continuing to spend money is not surprising, but you must admit the attractions they have installed at the former Paramount parks is greater than anything these parks ever saw under Paramount.

Dominator and Firehawk were big additions for KI and KD and then 2 years latter they install a B&M Mega and an Intamin Giga. That is major capital investment over a 2 year period.