kings dominion new coaster in development

The thing that is interesting Beast1979, and your comment made me think of this, is that Paramount in their final few years focused on family attractions at their parks and neglected major thrill rides. Cedar Fair comes in and just starts adding thrill rides. Now if only these parks could get the same dinning options that you find at other CF properties like CP or Knotts I think they would be very close to delivering an all encompasing product for everyone to enjoy.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope these big new attractions bring in money, I thought that in this day and age it was family oriented attractions that brought people in.

Every great amusement park needs a variety of things, from extreme thrill rides to carousels, from games to water parks, from live entertainment to haunted houses. The more people you appeal to, the better for your business.

A lot of parks are jumping on the "family park" bandwagon, even Cedar Point. From the view of a corporation, it may seem like an instant moneymaker, but I've heard many people refer to KI as a thrill park. The general public defines parks by what they have to offer, not who they can bring to the park. Companies just slap a generic label on a park and expect crowds to pour in.

You are all aware by now that I am a thrillseeker and will ride the tallest, fastest, scariest things around. But occasionally I just like to relax.. a great example is the Giant Wheel at Cedar Point, or I'll exit the park for a walk on the beach. Everyone needs time to chill out once in a while.

Everyone wants something different, and if you only have something for thrillseekers or if you only have something for families, you have attracted a specific audience and not the general public. I can't see how that would be good for business in the long run.

Having something for everyone will keep your customers happy, and keep the $ rolling in.

I thought the track was identical to the vertical lift on Fahrenheit.

Not even close, I'd say its far more similar to Millennium Force's lift. Fahrenheit uses a double chain lift and does not have anyway to evacuate ala stairs or MilF's system. MilF and the mystery Giga tracks have a channel in the middle for the cable lift system and supports to one side of the track for the maintenance/evac car to ride up and down on.

Fahrenheit

Mystery Giga

MilF

Im lovin that too! I am a huge cable lift fan, even with its possible maintainance issues like what happened to Millie before CMania. For one thing, its niiiiiiiice and quiet, and for another its VERY quick, which helps a lot for someone like me who truly hates ascending lift hills. The entire time I was in line for my first Millie ride I stared at the lift hill and was incredibly nervous about it... and you can ask Sean about how I was while waiting in line for the DB Auction ride :lol: . Needless to say, I have not conquered my fear of TTD yet.

^Wimp. :)

Whoever said they think CW is getting a Hyper next year is not anywhere close to being right. They just put a hyper in. Use some logic why would you put 2 hypers in?

Easy on the flame, sometimes when folks use CW they mean Carowinds and not Canadas Wonderland, which has been refered to as CaW, which did just receive a Behomoth of a coaster. Both are owned by CF and Carowinds is rumored to be getting a hyper for next year. I have the same recomendation for you, use logic before posting.

More track has arrived today & this will definitely have a cable lift similar to MF's. :D:D

Pictures? Links?

Yes please. I would really like to follow this.

Well, since I'm so nice and helpful :lol: :

Here is a link to the photo gallery. The following two links are to individual pictures of track (not too good of quality).

http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/displayim...um=53&pos=0

http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/displayim...um=53&pos=1

On this page, scroll a little more than half way down to a post by Lake Charles Guy. He posted six links to pictures of track and the construction.

I saved the best for last :) :

This page has a lot of really good pictures. My favorite picture is:

62509009resized.jpg

(***photo credit goes to a user named Brian Mitchell***)

More track has arrived today & this will definitely have a cable lift similar to MF's. :D :D

Pictures? Links?

KDfansite has some of the latest track pics in the photo gallery.

Latest reports I've heard are that footers are finally being poured today....check out coastercrew's twitter page for the updates.