kings dominion new coaster in development

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow using one of the following methods:

Twitter: Clint and Rose will both be covering the event on Twitter. The links are below for both Clint and Rose

Rose - http://twitter.com/KDfansite

Clint - http://twitter.com/coastercrew

Facebook: Clint will be uploading pictures of the event as it happens Facebook account. We suggest you becoming a friend today so you are ready to go on the 20th.

Coaster Crew Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/cooastercrew

KDfansite: Our webmaster Matt will be manning the website and will be updating the site as soon as info comes in. So this will be your place for everything related to Kings Dominion

Live Audio: We will be podcasting live at 11:00AM at Kings Dominion so you can hear everything that is going on. This will be the only live audio you will be able to hear live! In the Loop will be podcasting live to bring you the announcement as it happens. There are two ways you can listen to the show.

Internet - You can go to the link provided and listen to the show stream on the internet. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/In-the-Loop

Phone - You can call (718) 766-4407 and listen to the announcement on your phone via that number. (you can dial in that number starting at 10:50. The audio will go live at 11:00AM)

I must say, I am dissapointed with the height and speed. I know, it's a giga. That's awesome. But, I think it should've broken records or something. I guess I'm more dissapointed with the length though. Tha little bit of track will be over in such a short period of time at that speed.

But, the official website looks kick@$$ though!

Do note. There are no airtime hills; only airtime humps :lol:. Anyone who is dissapointed with MF because of no airtime with be dissapointed with this. Also, a couple of the transitions look like Vortex's, I hope that's just because it's an animation. They are classifying the restraint system as over the shoulder lap bars, not over the shoulder restraints.

Edit: Overall, I like it. But, I probably won't make a trip there just to ride it. I was going to see if my mom would get us PP next year (she was considering it) and then go to CP and KD. Well, I think I will just ask her to take me to CP.

^Also, CF is placing copies everywhere?

Wow, just wow and only $25 Million.

Looks like it will pull some great latterals with a few pops of air. Honestly looks like Maverick on steroids. Definately will not be a forceless coaster. Also the lift hill structure looks amazing, so minamilist.

Im just disappointed in color choice. Love the Red track, but Yellow supports? Why not Black or Silver Supports? I think this is going to be a winner.

Uhh....hmmm......my thoughts:

Don't get me wrong, the ride looks uber badass, no doubt, but it doesn't look anything at all like I thought a giga would. While Millennium Force is huge, with mammoth hills and drops, and a beautiful structure, this ride looks like a low to the ground, speed monster with a 305 foot hill to get things started instead of a launch (Which, being a NASCAR ride, I would have thought more appropriate). I also am not a fan of the minimalist support structure, maybe it's just me but I love the look of the intricate supports on MF, and this with only two support beams on the lift hill? That's why it's only 25M I guess. Not to mention the restraint system. I HATE those restraints on Maverick, and the thought of those on something 3 times as tall? Owwww.

I agree, it looks like Maverick on steroids, uber badass, but not like a giga at all.

dude, i was all excited to wake up late today and have the announcement already have been made. I got up and saw Intimidator 305 and was like ALRIGHT!!!! But then i saw the layout and specs and was thinking "Are you serious??" I am really disappointed with the layout and how MF is still taller. I was really wanting this baby to beat out MF. And i think the biggest disappointment of all is the fact that it uses OSTRs, COME ON CF!!!! These are not necessary for a ride of this type!

^ Someone with more industry experience than I don't have can correct me on this, but I'm not totally sure OTSRs are Cedar Fair's doing. Kingda Ka has OTSRs when it's only an iota taller and faster than TTD with its lapbars.

No it CF i think because if i remember correctly i read somewhere on Intamins website or somehwere that the park had the option of OSTR or lapbars.

^ Someone with more industry experience than I don't have can correct me on this, but I'm not totally sure OTSRs are Cedar Fair's doing. Kingda Ka has OTSRs when it's only an iota taller and faster than TTD with its lapbars.

No it CF i think because if i remember correctly i read somewhere on Intamins website or somehwere that the park had the option of OSTR or lapbars.

I'm thinking that the park's insurer might have had a say there... even though Intamin redesigned the lapbar restraints after the S:ROS incident (which was after TTD was built, but before KK IIRC), I'm guessing that the insurer would prefer the OTSR. Would you be willing to pay more to get into the park, had they gone with the presumably more expensive to insure lapbars on the ride?

I'm thinking that the park's insurer might have had a say there... even though Intamin redesigned the lapbar restraints after the S:ROS incident (which was after TTD was built, but before KK IIRC), I'm guessing that the insurer would prefer the OTSR. Would you be willing to pay more to get into the park, had they gone with the presumably more expensive to insure lapbars on the ride?

But if the lapbars are so "unsafe" then why are they still being installed on Mega-Lites?

But if the lap bars are so "unsafe" then why are they still being installed on Mega-Lites?

Indeed. And if they were "unsafe" you wouldn't see Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, and many others operating.