kings dominion new coaster in development

Ok the Apollo thing was my opinion. It is MY OPINION that AC is better than DB. It is also my favorite ride. I will post an argument, but will not go off on you if you think differently.

Me and my sister rode 12 times in the back row. The pre-drop is amazing with extreme, throw you out of your seat, air time. Not just little pathetic "floater air". All of the hills gave excellent ejector air and the helix actually had force, unlike DB's. The dive turns are smooth but forceful.... But by far the best airtime I have ever gotten came from this hill seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c...Final_Drop).JPG the last hill into the brake run. It is INSANE! I thought airtime didn't get better than Magnum but this by far is now my favorite coaster.

This is all opinion and if you think differently then I respect that, and will not jump on your back for it like some people did.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the Apollo thing was my opinion. It is MY OPINION that AC is better than DB. It is also my favorite ride. I will post an argument, but will not go off on you if you think differently.

Me and my sister rode 12 times in the back row. The pre-drop is amazing with extreme, throw you out of your seat, air time. Not just little pathetic "floater air". All of the hills gave excellent ejector air and the helix actually had force, unlike DB's. The dive turns are smooth but forceful.... But by far the best airtime I have ever gotten came from this hill seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c...Final_Drop).JPG the last hill into the brake run. It is INSANE! I thought airtime didn't get better than Magnum but this by far is now my favorite coaster.

This is all opinion and if you think differently then I respect that, and will not jump on your back for it like some people did.

It's funny how different people like different elements.

I have noticed a huge ride difference in DB depending on where you sit.

I don't care to be "ripped" out of my seat like you get on the rear of the train.

I think it's a much more enjoyable ride to float up gently, and stay in the air like you do in the front.

Having said that though, I am a big fan of the violent, shake you to death rides on Beast, and SoB.

Terpy, I don't know if the first sentence in your post was directed at me. I had ridden it before many times. It was 6 years ago though. I don't really remember it back then. After riding it last week I loved it. Can I ask why you think its boring? I wont jump on your back for it just want to know why you think it.

I have said this many, many times before...to me Apollo's Chariot is like riding a giant simulator ride with fans aimed at your face. I so want to love it...but I just....can't. Uneventful is a perfect explanation for it, too, Captain.

And no, my comment wasn't aimed at you, TTD-120-420. It was just a comment pointing out how ride experiences differ. A lot of my friends think I am nuts for adoring Rolling Thunder (there are about three of us older ride enthusiasts who truly adore that ride!).

Me and my sister rode 12 times in the back row.

The one time I rode it, I rode back row. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I'd have to agree with Terpy on the "giant simulator with fans". Overall I found it to be pretty forceless. But I do agree, the helix was more powerful than Diamondback's. Still, my favorite parts are the dive turns. I really wish they could have thrown just one of those into Diamondback.

I'm looking forward to our trip to KD next year. And to riding my second Giga. But I must agree that we all have our own opinions about coasters and I have expressed my share that others disagree with. For example, after Maverick, I thought the two Intamins at Hershey Park were disappointing, although there are those who love them. But it's simply a matter of personal taste. No different than two people going out to a fine dining establishment and ordering different meals......

....I call dibs on the name Giga-Lite (Mega-Lite, but with the height of a gigacoaster).

Although I was expecting a launcher to replace HyperSonic, this is nonetheless a very surprising twist to have it go 300+ feet in the air, seeing as how Cedar Point was the only one with a Giga. Though, perhaps, not as surprising that it's only 5 feet shorter than Millie.

It will be interesting to see the layout of Carowinds' coaster seeing as how it's a Beemer and is NASCAR-themed as well. But since Beemers don't go more than 230 feet and don't launch (at least not without outside help), I wonder if it will be a hybrid-clone of Behemoth and Diamondback or something altogether new.

I just hope there's no splashdown. Only OURS can haz splashdown on a hyper coaster.

....I call dibs on the name Giga-Lite (Mega-Lite, but with the height of a gigacoaster).

Although I was expecting a launcher to replace HyperSonic, this is nonetheless a very surprising twist to have it go 300+ feet in the air, seeing as how Cedar Point was the only one with a Giga. Though, perhaps, not as surprising that it's only 5 feet shorter than Millie.

It will be interesting to see the layout of Carowinds' coaster seeing as how it's a Beemer and is NASCAR-themed as well. But since Beemers don't go more than 230 feet and don't launch (at least not without outside help), I wonder if it will be a hybrid-clone of Behemoth and Diamondback or something altogether new.

I just hope there's no splashdown. Only OURS can haz splashdown on a hyper coaster.

...I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but B&M's go higher than 230 feet...ever heard of a coaster called Silver Star @ Europa Park?

http://www.rcdb.com/1414.htm

Again, sorry...

SO, John Pagel (sp?) was on In The Loop last night. One thing they asked him was about the restraints. He said the animation is innacurate, that the restraints won't be like Maverick.

http://www.kdfansite.com/forums/viewtopic....c&start=750

That has more details about what he said. Hopefully the restraints will be softer. When I read on I305's website that it had OTS lapbars with straps, I started thinking maybe seatbelt/racing harness like. I hope that is what they mean.

I call dibs on making up the name "Timmy", like Maggie or Millie. It was made in an above post in this topic on the 21st. If you find someone that used that name before that, tell me.

I stand corrected then. Now that I think of it I remember seeing a picture someone posted at coasterforce of some prototype Intamin OTSR that were pretty similar to Maverick's OTSRs but with nylon straps over the shoulders. I can't find that exact picture but if you look at this shot from Tele2 Insane, you can see the upper is soft. I think they look pretty sweet.

p23290.jpg

• 2 weeks later...