kings dominion new coaster in development

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two red cranes on site, along with two white/black ones. One of the red ones looks to be really small though, so I don't know (I realize it isn't assemble, but the base size and the bottom of the boom looks smaller). Also, the transition piece from the station to the lift has been installed.

Webcam: http://www.intimidator305.com/public/downloads/webcam.cfm

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda random but, in Intimidator305's renderings they have to supports way to light of a yellow. And in Diamondback's renderings they had it too dark. I305's supports look how Diamondback's were supposed to be, and Diamondback's look like I305's are supposed to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you say, G-FORCES?!?!?!

10-20-09051.jpg

A Photo Gallery Update:

http://www.intimidator305.com/public/latest/gallery/

Blog Update too!:

A Big Bowl of Pudding!

October 26, 2009

The I305 first drop support structure has been topped off with the last pieces of yellow steel. The next step is to top it off with a big red piece of lift hill structure that will tie in the three pieces (yellow support, double spine track and main lift hill). Once that is completed, attention will turn to the station end of the lift hill. The second yellow support structure will be assembled and the BIG RED lift hill will start its climb.

With the wet weather this weekend the work area has become a big bowl of pudding! Picture yourself taking two solid steps, and then on the third, sink into mud over the tops of your shoes, not fun. The crew shifted their attention and spent some time assembling more of the first turn. These areas can be reached with 6 – 10 foot ladders and a smaller crane, so these pieces go up pretty fast.

We will be moving the webcam position after the park closes for the season. This will give everyone a great overhead view of the work site for the remainder of the project. It may take us a day or two in order to get the equipment repositioned, so please be patient.

Please enjoy all the new pictures that have just been posted, more to come!

- John Pagel

I think the Red coasters look great. Maybe they want them to stand out more.

Yes, CF might as well trademark the multiple shades of red, white and yellow that they seem to love to use. It will be a shocker to all of us if they open a coaster that is blue or green in the future.

The two lift hill towers are box frames and a select few of the other supports are rectangular. iSpeed also used the rectangular supports.

http://rcdb.com/4147.htm?p=23235

See, rectangular supports.

Unless you meant if this is the first instance on Intimidator that square supports have been used. In that case, no.

I think most of the supports are square, but I think it looked like the big support at the bottom of the first drop used round. I'm not sure. This ride is definitely unique.

• 2 weeks later...