ADVICE?!?!

I_heart_pki

So it is my senior year and I was having trouble making plans for prom so instead I was thinking about going to The Island for a day. I was checking out the calendar and saw that May 2nd is Music in The Parks. I know the park is going to be insanely crowded because I have gone to this even with the band before. Any ideas on how to avoid some of the crowds? Any little bit of advice would help! I think a day at the park would be better than me by myself at prom so help me out!!

So it is my senior year and I was having trouble making plans for prom so instead I was thinking about going to The Island for a day. I was checking out the calendar and saw that May 2nd is Music in The Parks. I know the park is going to be insanely crowded because I have gone to this even with the band before. Any ideas on how to avoid some of the crowds? Any little bit of advice would help! I think a day at the park would be better than me by myself at prom so help me out!!

not go at all. lol just kidding. i dont know.

And here I thought I was the only one skipping senior prom this year to go to KI... :P

The crowds are going to be horrible any way you look at it. Just before you go, pick four or five rides that you absolutely have to ride, then ride them. If you have any time left after that, just go nuts.

Now, this advice is coming from a guy who never had to buy a dress, but take it for what its worth. My best advice would be to go to prom. I mean it may be expensive but you could always borrow a dress and it's kind of a once in a life time opportunity. It may be a somewhat lame one, but this could be the last time you get to spend time with a lot of people you know in high school. I never really cared for school dances and all that jazz but did go to my senior prom and was glad I went. One of my best friends and I went together not as a couple, but just for fun and went in a group of friends. If this is your senior prom it may be the last chance you have to see a lot of people.

If you do decide to go to the park, yeah it will be crowded, but that can be a great thing. Take the time to enjoy the lesser ridden attractions. When I was younger my mom would take my friend and every wednesday in the summer. Since the crowds were typically low we used to marathon on all the bigger rides that typically had long lines. As I got older I took the time to ride rides I don't usually ride or had kind of forgotten about. Rides like the Dodgems, Scrambler, Monster, Zephyr and Adventure Express typically don't have too bad of waits and are all great.

Either way, I hope you end up having a great day whatever you decide to do.

The only problem is I really have nobody to hang out with if I don't go with a date. It's a long story filled with a lot of high school drama not worth mentioning. Sooo....I don't know. If I could find a group of friends to go with or a date I would be happy to go. It's frustrating.

Ha, I think it was that much more than 35 years ago....besides I hear the Lakota ones are a lot more fun.....

Terpy, who has....uh....been told that.

I haven't gone to prom yet because I'm only a sophmore...but from what I know of recent years we at lakota have had some interesting proms including one where a large number of students had been drinking...

Ha, I think it was that much more than 35 years ago....besides I hear the Lakota ones are a lot more fun.....

Terpy, who has....uh....been told that.

I haven't gone to prom yet because I'm only a sophmore...but from what I know of recent years we at lakota have had some interesting proms including one where a large number of students had been drinking...

I go to Lakota to. Im also a sophmore but my GF is a junior. Do you go to East or West?

skaterboy, I swear, everytime I look at your avatar, it has changed. At least once every couple of days.

**back on topic**

I would suggest going to prom, especially since it's your senior year. But, if you go to KI, then get there early, ride FOF and Firehawk, the Invertogo and SOB, Vortex, and then at night, ride The Beast. Don't worry about getting to Diamondback quickly, because you won't wait too long, even if you wait until the middle of the afternoon.

I never post but thought I would chime in here. I would recommend going to prom. It sounds pathetic now, but a few short years ago I went to prom five times. Three while in high school and then twice after. The first two times I went with my girlfriend at the time. The last two times I also went with my girlfriend. When I was a senior, however, I didn't have a girlfriend. So I asked a freshman to go to prom with me that year. In fact, I knew a lot of people who went with underclassmen. At the time I didn't even know her that well but we became really close friends by the end of the school year. Maybe you could try something like this? I had a great time that year and every year I went. I wouldn't trade any of those memories. If you decide you want to go to KI that's cool too. I love going to the park myself. But I would recommend going to prom as it is an opportunity that doesn't come along very often.

Go to the Senior Prom. You have spent 12 long years going to school and putting in all the hard work. While the prom might seem to be a glorified party it is far from the truth. Granted it would mean putting out the dollars for a tux or gown, it is your reward for your time, hard work and effort that you put into going to school. Kings Island will there the next day, next week and even next month, but you only have ONE Senior Prom and if you miss it, it is gone. Go to it and enjoy the memories. I missed my prom because for all things I did not have a date. I wish I could go back in time but it is gone forever. Go to it and have fun.

A little info on music in the parks that day should not be that bad. They spread Music in the parks like all of May anymore and my Choir is going that day and are school is not the biggest and that day I believe all the samll school choirs and bands will be there that day. Earlier in the day the crowds will be less and around 12-3 because some bands and choirs do not perform till that time frame many choirs and bands perform 10-12 though.So the later in the day the more there will be.