For those at KI tonight, y'alls better post a TR!

tigellinus

I sadly will not be there tonight :( but will tomorrow! :D

So anyway, for those going to KI tonight and riding D-back, I'm just curious to know how and if operations have changed at all since last Saturday?

In particular I'm curious about whether the SRL is used, and if so, are they still using the cards and does it seem like the number of SR cards is more than last weekend and if there's any consistency about waiting for SR cards if none are immediately available?

I'm also curious as to if they're still assigning seats, and how strict they are about requesting a row if you're waiting in the regular queue?

Lastly, other operational tidbits would be good too such as how long the line is, if they're running all 3 trains, and how fast the dispatches are?

The weather tonight should be awesome, and I actually think it's not going to be super busy (hence wondering about not all 3 trains running), and there could be some major riding potential!! I'm skeptical about the 5th hill trim tonight, however, especially if it stays warm until close like it's supposed to.

Some of those questions, such as how fast the dispatches are, depends on other circumstances and when you look at the ride. Ie, there may be some unforeseen delay that causes a couple trains to be delayed. And, unless there is absolutely nobody at the park tonight wanting to ride Diamondback, and barring and mechanical difficulties, I think it would be safe to assume that Diamondback will be running all three trains.

And, unless there is absolutely nobody at the park tonight wanting to ride Diamondback, and barring and mechanical difficulties, I think it would be safe to assume that Diamondback will be running all three trains.

I also would have thought Vortex would be running all three trains last Saturday, which it was not. The same is true with Adventure Express, but I'm not sure it needed the third judging by the lines, or should I say, lack thereof.

Don't worry, Tiggy. I'm sure you can expect the usual essay from me, as I plan on doing that for all of the trips I take this year. There's never an absence of anyone else's tr's either. I'm certain you don't have to worry. We've got you covered! ;)

And, unless there is absolutely nobody at the park tonight wanting to ride Diamondback, and barring and mechanical difficulties, I think it would be safe to assume that Diamondback will be running all three trains.

I also would have thought Vortex would be running all three trains last Saturday, which it was not. The same is true with Adventure Express, but I'm not sure it needed the third judging by the lines, or should I say, lack thereof.

Don't worry, Tiggy. I'm sure you can expect the usual essay from me, as I plan on doing that for all of the trips I take this year. There's never an absence of anyone else's tr's either. I'm certain you don't have to worry. We've got you covered! ;)

Votex was running 3 trains until around 1. They had problems with one train and it was taken off.

I just checked the webcam, and the line for DB starts at the STEPS going UP to the station. The wait is like five minutes from there! Man, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to be there right now. But, my mom won't drive me up there :( .

I know, I checked out the webcam around 4:55 and saw no line I was like :o !! I hope ERT tomorrow will be similiar because I will be there!

I just checked the webcam, and the line for DB starts at the STEPS going UP to the station. The wait is like five minutes from there! Man, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to be there right now. But, my mom won't drive me up there :( .

I know, I checked out the webcam around 4:55 and saw no line I was like :o !! I hope ERT tomorrow will be similiar because I will be there!

I honestly doubt ERT will be so deserted tomorrow. I think the park is so empty today becasue today is Friday. Tomorrow is a Saturday, so it will probably be more crowded. Also, it's 6:30 and there is still a very short line.

I honestly doubt ERT will be so deserted tomorrow. I think the park is so empty today becasue today is Friday. Tomorrow is a Saturday, so it will probably be more crowded. Also, it's 6:30 and there is still a very short line.

hope it isn't packed tomorrow as I will be getting there.... EARLY!

i checked the weather forcast for tomorrow. a hi of 85*f, with winds ranging from 20-30 mph{sweet}. i will definetally be there tomorrow. gonna try and get 1 ride on my fav's and as many as possible on db. hopefully see ya'lls tomorrow.

ha ha ha, I will probably be asking around again tomorrow as last Saturday if people are from KIC forums. I finally quit last week cause people said no, I felt dumb but will ask again tomorrow.... It's like, I would never see the people again anyway.... LOL :lol:

my dream ride is always going to be in the mist and fog, cause

a=you cant see where your going

b=keeps the face moist

&c=the only things you can see will be right on top of you when you do.

but the wind will be nice. makes you feel like your on a clothes line being whipped around.

Wow, I got back about 45 minutes ago, and that was the greatest 5 hours in Kings Island I have ever had! Lines were non-existent! I got 7 rides on D-back, 5 in one hour. 20 total rides, coasters and flats included. Something tells me that VERY few people were aware that KI was open tonight.

^^Yeah, and worse yet Zorba said they were still assigning seats on D-back anyway?!? I almost wonder if since they had extra bodies, it was more due to someone needing something to do?! Either way, I'm sure Gigacoaster and Viokat had a field day tonight with the D-back exclusivity!!

Edit to add: Was the 5th hill trim grabbing bad tonight since it was warmer?

Wow, I got back about 45 minutes ago, and that was the greatest 5 hours in Kings Island I have ever had! Lines were non-existent! I got 7 rides on D-back, 5 in one hour. 20 total rides, coasters and flats included. Something tells me that VERY few people were aware that KI was open tonight.

Yeah, KI was awesome tonight. I wish I hadn't of had cereal for dinner, though. My stomach started bothering me after a couple hours of non-stop riding. I finally got some pizza after the helix on BLSC almost made me sick :unsure: .

^^Yeah, and worse yet Zorba said they were still assigning seats on D-back anyway?!? I almost wonder if since they had extra bodies, it was more due to someone needing something to do?! Either way, I'm sure Gigacoaster and Viokat had a field day tonight with the D-back exclusivity!!

Edit to add: Was the 5th hill trim grabbing bad tonight since it was warmer?

I think the trim was about the same as on Saturday. Still had massive airtime over that hill.

Incredible night to be at the park. Wife and I didn't arrive at the park until after 6:00 and left by 9:30. Still managed a ride on Vortex, day and night rides on The Beast (which seemed to be running rough) and 4 rides on Diamondback. The longest we waited for DB was about 25 minutes and that was only because of a temporary difficulty that shut the ride down for 10 minutes or so around 9:15PM.

Speaking of which, was any forum member on that train that got stopped halfway up the lift? I noticed they sent a Ride Op to talk to everyone. I was expecting they would want to evac the train and make a few runs with empties, but after ten minutes or so, they let the train go ahead as usual. But then proceeded to run a few empty trains afterword.

Anyways, great evening. Still had a few minor side effects from the concussion I suffered a few weeks ago, so I stayed away from some of the more forceful, intense rides such as Invertigo and Firehawk. Although, Firehawk was running only one train, and even with just probably 150-200 people in line, they were saying the wait was going to be 40 minutes. DB a ten minute wait... FH a forty? That's a no-brainer.

Yes, the crowds were light. For those wondering, they were using the single rider line tonight as well. At some points, the line extended all the way back to the greeter/entrance sign, but no queues were open. Still, even from there it was only about a ten minute wait. Night rides are amazing. Tonight, unlike last Saturday, they had all the lights off on the mid course brake run and the associated stair, which made the back part of the ride completely dark.

All in all, I got seven rides in on Diamondback tonight (I`m up to 18 so far). Also, in the station someone on here asked if I was Ryan (Boddah1994). I didn`t catch your name or sn. It was nice to meet you. I finished my night with a ride on The Beast on the first train out after the ride reopened from the fireworks.

Yes, the crowds were light. For those wondering, they were using the single rider line tonight as well. At some points, the line extended all the way back to the greeter/entrance sign, but no queues were open. Still, even from there it was only about a ten minute wait. Night rides are amazing. Tonight, unlike last Saturday, they had all the lights off on the mid course brake run and the associated stair, which made the back part of the ride completely dark.

All in all, I got seven rides in on Diamondback tonight (I`m up to 18 so far). Also, in the station someone on here asked if I was Ryan (Boddah1994). I didn`t catch your name or sn. It was nice to meet you. I finished my night with a ride on The Beast on the first train out after the ride reopened from the fireworks.

I saw you at DB, you got 3 rows behind me on the green train.

Amazingly we did not marathon DB as much as you guys would probably expect. We took advantage of the walk on crowds to hit some other favorites. I did get another 6 rides in, including 4 in one hour between 5:00 and 6:00.

My husband and I will be returning tomorrow. To answer some quick questions they were allowing small groups into the single rider line but it saved no time today due to the short line. The trim was grabbing just as much as last weekend and the trim on Racer had been turned back on.

Racer was only running one side, red side. Firehawk was also only running one side so we skipped it. All rides except backlot and Diamondback were walk on.

I took the promised video of Diamondback dispatching and will put up a trip report when we get home.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.