Anyone else not allowed to ride Diamondback?

USArmy1985

I also noticed that some seats have more room than others. I rode in row 10 last night and it seamed there was a lot less room with the restraint when I pulled it down, and I'm by no means a big person. So everyone who is a little larger, AVOID ROW 10

I've rode Row 10 twice, it is definitely a lot tighter than Row 1.

I was fairly concerned about fitting on DB after reading everything on here, but managed to get on in rows 3, 5 and 15 each time I tried this morning. It's a tight fit, but I find if you sit all the way back in the seat, make sure there's no keys, phone or wallet in the way, and pull the bar down as tight as can be it works. I am about 6'5" and 270 lbs. My thighs measure out at 26". (I still plan on dropping about 15-20 this summer though. I figured if I didn't fit it'd be great motivation, but I managed to get on anyway). I never tried the test seat, just got on the trains themselves. Good luck!

I was so relieved that it was ZERO problem for me on DB. I guess the restraint works well because after pulling it back I never touched till we got off the ride. Now it was a tight fit to get the buckle latched on Drop Zone. Really had to suck it in for this one. The overhead was fine, it was just the buckle.

TWO HANDS IN THE AIR FOR Diamondback

Y'all are making an assumption that may not be true. A particular SEAT may have more room or less than average. That does not mean the other three seats are the same, much less that the two rows with the same number on the other two trains also share that characteristic.

I'd be willing to bet all seats are the same. Now, I know B&M makes "Big Boy" seats...the Hulk has one. But I'm not sure who else does. I've just heard of this.

Maybe too much of a minority to put one in.

The left side of row 16 on one of the trains is smaller than the rest, but I don't remember which train we were on now. Either that or the black line is in the wrong spot because I made them release the bar so I could readjust since it was tight enough to be painful on the first try. I had to shove my hips all the way back into the seat and it still was not all that comfortable. That is the first time I've ever had the lapbar be tight on me - usually it is just slightly loose, giving me just enough room to enjoy the airtime.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I am excited to say I am going to KI on Wednesday (June 10)

Here is my question...

1. I have a 42in waist, I CANT fit on MF, but get by on dragster. I WAS able to fit on Dominator at GL just fine in 2007. (havent changed much since)

I was told by a guy a work with that I would be fine because his son is my size and he fit.

Is anyone else still having any issues??

Also would you please compare the seats to something else.. like Raptor or does it come down really tight on the thighs like Maxair or Delierium??

I will be wearing swim trunks all day so I wont be padded any more than needed.

Thanks

well I am going to the park today with the assumption I wont fit, and hopefully works out for the best!

Either way I do think it is sad that ANY new coaster these days wouldnt accomidate larger folk.... I think Maverick has the ultimate restraint design, everyone can fit and still get plenty of airtime.

Firehawks is pretty good too.

Just got back from a soggy day. This was my first KI trip of 2009...

Some good and bad thoughts of the day..

The good- Very nice landscaping/theming around beast, Diamondback, crypt....

Ok and now to the story..

Arrived at a DEAD park about 11:30. I dont know if it is the angle of the lift hill or what, but DB didnt really impress me from the skyline.

Imediatly went to DB line got in test seat and was able to get it to click once, and almost a 2nd time.

Iwas not too dissapointed because I prepared myself.

So I basically went in single rider line, got right up and in Row 12. I jumped in seat and clicked it down once... after the seat checks ALL operators had thumbs up. UNTIL the controller said... (check ____) so when she did that she pushed it down and got it to click again, but then said sorry... I was unable to ride.

I have a football build, and thick legs so I was surprised to even get it to click at all I guess.

No biggie I have a feeling this ruling will be reversed later this year or next.. like the 1in MF seatbelt slack! lol I havent had 1in slack for 5 years on that ride! LOL.

Wet rainy day, only 1 train on coasters, and NO WATERPARK OPEN?? That is what ****ed me off!

Between that and nobody there the "spirit" of a good park day was gone.

Hopefully my July trip will be better!!