4/24/09 TR

corn4ahead

Yeah so friday was my first day at Kings Island for the season. I couldnt have picked a better day to go. We got there around 4:45 and i had to wait for my friends to get their passes processed. 30 min later we were in the park. We first walked on SOB, then walked on Invertigo, then went over to FOF annd got 2 rides on that. You get the picture. No more then 15 minutes all day long for any ride.

Well, my first ride on DB was sweet, we were in the front row of the second car on the red train. Airtime was insane. wait:

10 min

My second and third ride was in the very back of the green and red trains. I loved the back and its definetly better but for some reason it kinda made me a bit nauseous. I really dont get it. So it kind of turned me off riding for a while and it turned out that we ran out of time to ride it a night(i wasnt happy)

Beast ride at night was awesome though and we got the second to last ride on FH but it was sweet because, we got to see the fireworks on FH so it made skipping DB worth it.

As for the nausea, i think im just gonna take some Dramamine before i go next time but overall DB 10/10

Btw, im not sure why everyone was saying how forceless the Hammerhead and helixes were, i thought they had great lats and such. Also, it didnt feel really trimmed at all. Maybe its just me though.

EDIT: ride count

DB: 3

FOF: 2

FH: 1

Invertigo: 1

SOB: 1

FD: 2

Beast(night ride): 1

Delerium: 1

AE: 1

Vortex: 1

Any Questions?, Comments?

As I have stated again and again and again, on Vortex car 5 is far, far smoother than car 7. Car 5 is the car around which Ron Toomer designed the entire experience.

Terpy, who wonders why he keeps letting this near secret out of the bag, then wonders why he cares that virtually no one seems to get it...

Yeah the park was as empty as I've ever seen it..I met up with Kat, her husband and Angie (giga) and later Ryan (Boddah). DB was basically a walk on most of the night. I personally got 7 rides in and never waited m than 10 min I think. Beast was a 1 cycle wait and the rest of the park were walk-ons. We stayed from about 4:45-10 and got tons of rides in...I was also at the park from 9:-2 today and got 5 more rides on DB in..again, the line was never more than about 15-20 min the whole time and the single rider line was about 5-10 minutes....of course the park got more crowded as the day wore on, as is normal for a Saturday. Looking forward to seeing some of you on 5/9 at Ride Warriors..

Depends on how tall you are. As on other Arrow coasters, the back rows of trains (in this case 5-2) can be rather confining. I recommend, and ride, 5-1. For years I got drug back to 7-1 by friends. Though fun, it isn't 5-1. Just like for years friends drug me back to the back of Top Gun nka Flight Deck. I much prefer 1-1 there....

When Kat and I went to ride 5:1 on Vortex on opening day, the ride op slammed down on my OTSR so hard that I was pretty much stapled. I HATE those harnesses. :angry:

He did the same thing to me. I had scratches on my arms from it. I'm usually able to get both of my hands up but I could only get one up.

As I have gotten older, I have come to realize I want to ride where I want to ride. I am more than willing to wait longer to ride there, too...

Terpy, who rides Beast in the front seat or the middle row of the back car...by the way...and who really likes the bench out in front of Son of Beast...

Diamondback: any seat is fine with me, but back is the best

Racer (red): back

FOF: front

Beast: front at night

Millennium, Wicked Twister, and Dragster: back

Maverick and Raptor: front

Magnum: ejector