the thin black line

rotag

i went to ki on 4/25/9 and i noticed about every 3rd trip i made on db. there was always a line attendant saying to me"would you mind sitting in the seat to make sure you fit?" i know its there job but after the third time of them asking me. it just ticked me off to know end. i am seriouslly making a shirt that says "dont ask... ... ive riden this ride many times." not to mention plenty of them saw me numorous times that day. i stick out like a sore thumb. theres no-way i blend into the masses. anyone who has seen me personally can vouch on that. now that im done ranting. what is your take?

It is profiling, and profiling is wrong. They want to save us big folks from the embarassing walk of shame on the platform, but it's also quite disturbing to pull people out of line where the whole world can see you. I checked the seat before I even got in line. That was my decision, but to be minding your own business and get pulled out of line by someone, that can be a bit much. Those of us who are bigger should know to check before wasting our time. That being said, is there a way to mark those of us that passed the seat test so we're not pulled out of line every time? Perhaps they could use a wristband system like they do for the young ones and the height requirements on various rides. Wristbands are getting a bit overused with the height requirements and free drinks, but they could do something along those lines.

Well, the line goes right by the test seat, so they could look then :blink: ? Or, the could just put a little stamp on your hand. Not many people look at peoples' hands, so it wouldn't be too noticable, but the ride ops would know to look for it and see that person has the hand stamp. I don't know, one of you smart people out there expand on this less than brilliant idea.

Yes, you do stick out like a sore thumb. With your red beard and your snake fangs. :rolleyes:

nice snake referance

Wait a minute, rotag, are you the guy with the fangs?? If so, those aren't real, right?! :blink:

yes they are

Wow that is really mean!

Actaly, no it's not. rotag says the same thing about them! He scares everybody with them during haunt. :rolleyes:

he speakith thy truth

In reality, thigh size is much more of a factor than gut size...

thank you

So do you have to test each time or do they believe you when you tell them you've ridden already?

every time i told them they let me be for the time being

All you need to do is say that you've ridden before and that should be it. There are so many people that walk through the entrance its hard to remember any one person. The wristband would be a good idea if all rides in the park were exactly the same as far as fitting. Imagine having to wear 10 different wristbands just so you don't have to tell the ride op that you've ridden before. Just my thoughts.

People complain about not being able to ride, then complain about being asked to see if they can ride before waiting in the long line. I'm with you Terpy, my head hurts.

All you need to do is say that you've ridden before and that should be it. There are so many people that walk through the entrance its hard to remember any one person.
Edited by Captain Nemo

All you need to do is say that you've ridden before and that should be it. There are so many people that walk through the entrance its hard to remember any one person.

This is just one of those times where your darned if you do and darned if you don't. Rotag I am not calling you out specifically because I do not believe that you would act like this if it were to happen to you, but ride ops do get yelled at when the person waits through the entire line and then finds out they can't ride. Usually a comment along the lines of: "Well why didn't the kid out front tell me I couldn't ride." Had you said that you had already ridden that day, they probably would have let you go without question.

You also need to remember that these ride ops see thousands of people everyday on their rides so no one person is going to stick out to them unless they know that person. Also the ride ops rotate positions numberous times throughout the day so chances are it wasn't the same ride op that was at the front of the line.