4-26 morning Train crew rocks! (iPhone proven near indestructable)

Aaron88stang

Special shout out and thanks to the crew running the train this morning for retrieving my iPhone. I lost the phone on the last hill before the final helix on Diamondback this morning during ERT. Luckily my friend saw it float from my pocket so we knew where I lost it. We walked back the exit for the Crypt and there it was laying in the grass between the crypt exit and the railroad tracks. The crew that was preparing to open the train for the day was kind of enough to get it for me and the most unbelievable thing is it did not have a scratch on it, just a little dirt...This proves that KI has some great people working there and the iPhone is hard to kill.

Today my friend lost his phone out of his pocket on the first loop of The Vortex. He went back and they had a man under the track in a hardhat picking things up and he found it and luckily there was nothing wrong with it at all. Such a drop but it is still in tact.

I brought my iPhone in with me but it has a rubber case on it and it is pretty much guaranteed not to lip out of buttoned up cargo pockets due to the texture of the case.

I thought dropzone was 300 plus feet.Am i wrong or is the web site for Kings Island wrong?

:blink: And from way back in Left Field... :blink:

Touchdown, who has no idea where this came from.

I'm glad you got your phone back! I was riding in the very rear seat the last time I was there. My snap pocket came open around the same area, and my phone started sliding out of my pocket! I managed to re-secure it just as we hit the helix.

On a side note: Drop Tower's full height is 315 feet. The height it drops you from is 264 feet.

I brought my iPhone in with me but it has a rubber case on it and it is pretty much guaranteed not to lip out of buttoned up cargo pockets due to the texture of the case.

I thought dropzone was 300 plus feet.Am i wrong or is the web site for Kings Island wrong?

:blink: And from way back in Left Field... :blink:

Touchdown, who has no idea where this came from.

Sorry me bad.I saw jaspers dropzone logo and i thought i drop was higher.

I'm glad you got your phone back! I was riding in the very rear seat the last time I was there. My snap pocket came open around the same area, and my phone started sliding out of my pocket! I managed to re-secure it just as we hit the helix.

On a side note: Drop Tower's full height is 315 feet. The height it drops you from is 264 feet.

Thank you for the info.At 264 feet it is still great.Im glad i rode.

Your right,them phones are great.Glad you got it back and in one piece.

Just goes to show that when taking cell phones on rides with you, they need to be secured in a cargo pocket. Just putting them in a pocket with no fasteners is just asking for the loose articles to come out during the ride. I only bring my cell phone to the park (I leave my iPod at home) and put it and my keys in pockets that button shut. Several years back, I almost lost my phone on Adventure Express when getting off the train when it slipped out of my unsecured pocket.

Just goes to show that when taking cell phones on rides with you, they need to be secured in a cargo pocket. Just putting them in a pocket with no fasteners is just asking for the loose articles to come out during the ride. I only bring my cell phone to the park (I leave my iPod at home) and put it and my keys in pockets that button shut. Several years back, I almost lost my phone on Adventure Express when getting off the train when it slipped out of my unsecured pocket.

Lesson learned. I usually don't even bring it in,but we were meeting a group and it worked good for keeping track of each other. Cargo pants next time for sure!

friday night on diamond back 2 rows in front of us someone lost a cell phone. lady in the row in front of us cought in under her foot. returned it to the very happy owner.

I ended up talking to that lady later that night, her daughter was telling us the story about it. Apparently last weekend, her daughter nabbed a low-flying hat, so the whole family are now heroes!

friday night on diamond back 2 rows in front of us someone lost a cell phone. lady in the row in front of us cought in under her foot. returned it to the very happy owner.

I ended up talking to that lady later that night, her daughter was telling us the story about it. Apparently last weekend, her daughter nabbed a low-flying hat, so the whole family are now heroes!

That is funny. I got a laugh yesterday over a sock under one of the bunny hills on the way back and a flip flop on the chain fence under the brakes before the station. People lose the most random things on rides!

Hello KIC! I know I havn't posted in awile but I have been VERY busy with personal and school work and I hope I may be excused for my absence. Anyways here is the reason I dedcided to post this in this topic...

I have an ipod touch (which is basically the same thing without the phone)and I have that secure cover on it. I thought I would never loose it but, one day at school it manged to slip out of my poocket somehow, someway and someone took it. My teacher told the whole school that he would call the police if it was not returned and it was back on his desk. That Friday it was on his desk when I walked in. What I'm trying to get at is, I know how that feeling of loosing such things and not knowing if you will see them again.