When Should I ride Diamondback?

Creed Bratton

I agree with OP but if you are going by yourself, DB has a single rider line that I used 3 times yesterday. The wait was generally less the 3 trains.

I had the same experience the first time I used the pass yesterday. Got in line and off was in the gift shop in 10 minutes.

The second time at about 2:30 they were out of the passes, I had to wait about 7 minutes for a pass, then got in line and they pretty much forgot about us, it took about 30 minutes total. This is still not a bad wait, but people that got in the regular line at the same time actually got on before I did.

I would agree wait about an hour after opening before getting in line!

^^Generally, I have no use for the SRL anymore...they've quadrupled the amount of SRL cards (they've never been out if I wanted one), and the line for it now is a lot longer!! In addition, the SRL assigned seat can also be very lame or mediocre.

But to your original question, from what I've read yesterday/Sunday played out a lot like opening day Saturday (line started big, progressively got smaller throughout the day, before upticking a bit in the evening). But this past Saturday the line started small in the morning and stayed small until about 4:00-5:00 pm when it got big and stayed big until close.

Point being, this past Saturday from Gold Pass ERT until about 2:00 pm was the best time to ride, even after the park opened at 10:00 am! So who knows about next Saturday? If the line is short do it, if not, wait until later. I mean, no matter how reasonably busy KI is on Saturday, Diamondback's NOT going to be one of your longer waits anyway.

I've only hit a few rides in the morning hours this year, but from what I've seen and heard the lines for many rides like The Beast, Firehawk, SOB, even BLSC have all averaged longer than 1 hour!!...other than Firehawk, I never waited longer than 45 mins for any ride last year during your run-of-the-mill KI day during the season.