hotel shuttles

dwalker26101

A group of us will be attending KI on the weekend of May 9-10. Three of us will be attending Ride Warriors and three of us will not. I'm looking for a hotel nearby that has a shuttle so the 3 (woman with 2 kids) that won't be staying late/arriving early can relax without having to sit in the parking lot. Any suggestions?

As far as I know, the Kings Island Resort and Conference Center was the only hotel that offered shuttles last year. I`m not sure if they are this year or not, but typically they had provided shuttles for as long as I can remember.

There used to be a Holiday Inn near the Beach (it was reflagged a few years back) that offered a shuttle as well, but it has likely been five plus years since they had a shuttle.

Great Wolf Lodge has a convenient walking path off of the main entrance to the park. It's about the same walk you'd make if you were parked out by Kings Island Dr in the parking lot.

True, but there is flat out no way I'm paying their prices! Just looking for a place to crash and shower.

I stay at The Kings Island Resort pretty much every time I come to the park...it is not fancy, but I think it is nice. As for the shuttle...as of last year the park no longer allows it to drop you off near the entrance, you are now dropped off/picked up in the "public" drop-off area near the marque. It is not a bad walk, but it used to be so much nicer the old way...especially for families with small children. I still hold a grudge against the park for making it's paying customers "suffer" a little bit just because a certain other hotel is the "official" park hotel...some people can not afford/rationalize a high price hotel...especially if they don't plan on being there much...they plan on being at the park spending their money. (End of rant.) Back to the Resort's shuttle service...unless they make an exception for Coaster Warriors...something that I haven't seen them do in the past for any "special events"...the shuttle only runs within' a window of a half hour before and after the park's NORMAL hours...this means that you will have to either walk or drive too and from the park if you plan on doing the ERT activities. I have done it fairly often...I do not consider it a bad walk...but I just thought you might like to have that info.

I was going to say what standbyme said. Remember, festivites start early and end late for RWW so I'm going to guess that using the shuttle will probably not be a good option if you want to take part in the early festivities. As far as the late festivities are concerned, you might miss the last bus if you're in the park doing the ERTs. Unless, of course, the hotel is going to accomodate for the Ride Warriors, which I highly doubt.

I just booked my room for Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. I'll be staying at the KI Resort but I won't be taking the shuttle on Saturday or Sunday. (Won't be walking either.) Besides, if my car isn't there where in the heck am I going to keep my lunch? :lol:

Since we'll be driving 3 1/2 hours one way I'm trying to do it driving only one vehicle. I figure it's worth it to pay a little more for the hotel than the hastle of two vehicles and gas for 400 plus miles. I think what we'll do is take the van to the park in the mornings and the other three "non-warriors" can ride the shuttle over and back when it's available and/or they're tired so that will leave us a vehicle to get back with as well. Plus, my brother is handicapped (he's got MS, feel free to ask us about it, we're both involved with fighting the disease and don't mind talking about it) and will need to bring his scooter. We'll just eat in the park at the former Wings or probably the picnic since it's only $10.

Thanks for the info guys!

And I totally agree with standbyme. If I wanted to do an indoor waterpark I'd pay their ridiculous prices and do it but it seems stupid to pay that much when your not going to be there. Personally, I've never stayed at one and don't get the big deal of it but to each his own.