2013: A Diamondback Question

The Interpreter

Honestly, no. Because too many people are abusing it. Wait, let me rephrase: Too many GROUPS of people are abusing it. It's supposed to be a separate line for people who are riding alone, but during my waits in the normal line i've seen multiple groups as large as five people walking through it. And they're not even bothering to act like they're all single riders....and what makes me mad is that the ride ops do nothing about it.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

Probably Like Other Rides It Will Become Absent,They Will Probably Use It For The Gold Pass Lane Or Just Add It Into The Rest Of The Que.

Or Maybe Use It Only On Sundays In October,Or Just use it on days that aren't packed instead of the huge que.

Ohhh who knows,why worry,lets live for today.as its said---No man is Promised tommorow!!!

Cherish yesterday,live today,dream tommorow

Don't Dwell On Tommorow,But Don't Forget it either,TODAY is all we have

But Really,Probably Only Gonna Be Used Only On Occasion

Yeah, that is somewhat irritating. As a matter of fact, I was there yesterday, and was actually passed by someone who was in the standard line, and entered the same time I did.

On many occasions you can see people "acting" single but arent good enough being smooth. I think the attendant should ask them to return to the end of the line, as it is obvious they are cheating.

I'm disapointed the single riders line isn't being used too much. I loved it, I would just go by myself while my Friends rode other things or waited in the real queue. I don't care who I sat next to, and I'd rather not wait in a huge line when I could use the SRL...

Why is it not okay for a group to split up and ride as single riders? The whole concept is that you don't care who you ride with? I did not realize the park was in the business of determining who has a relationship with whom, or should be...

I was wondering the same thing. The whole point of a single rider line is to fill every seat and the people in the line can't pick who they sit next to or where they sit.

Well depending on who's working Assigning Seating, I can talk them into letting other single riders get ahead of me until there is an open seat in the back and I'll get that seat, if it's a nice person or friend working. Actually I've only had a problem with one seat assigner.

Why is it not okay for a group to split up and ride as single riders? The whole concept is that you don't care who you ride with? I did not realize the park was in the business of determining who has a relationship with whom, or should be...

Thats the point... If you dont care who you ride with, then I agree with you. But if you are playing musical queues after you are assigned -- screwing things up for the person assigning seats, it just makes matters more confusing.

The park may not be in the business of determining who is who, but if I recall there is a sign that says no groups?

I used it, and with a group of three other people. None of us cared to ride alone. If there wasn't a single riders line then the train would have empty seats. All single riders do is fill seats that would be empty anyway. I don't see how this affects anyone in the regular line, whether the single riders are in a group or alone. The people in the regular line would still get on at the same time whether the single rider line existed or not.

Everyone gets along harmoniously in utopian 2013, where cheating and line-jumping are a distant memory. Just like cars with wheels, there is no more need for a separate, special entry. ;)

Seriously, I didn't understand the single rider line concept; I thought it was for riders who have special needs. Is it really just for riders who aren't part of a pair or group?

Whats a Q-bot? :wacko:

Warning...jaded definition follows: A device rented by theme parks that, for a fee, allows users to, with a regular device at a merely outrageous price, spend the time they would normally wait in line shopping in stores, riding other rides or lounging. For a breath-takingly large additional fee, you can rent a so-called gold Q-Bot, which in effect ALLOWS the holder to linejump past regular guests who only paid the one price admission fee.

Note, the preceding does not apply to Dollywood, who rents the devices for a truly reasonable fee, nor to Disney, whose Fast Passes are free.

Edited by The Interpreter

At Six Flags, you can easily spend more than $100 a person on a gold Q-Bot at some parks (including admission). And on busy days, if you don't use them, you will find your wait to be very, very, very long, to put it mildly. Paramount was experimenting with line-skipping systems at Kings Dominion before the sale. Cedar Point had had a freelane system, where you got your forearm rubber stamped with up to two rides at designated times for a later ride window time. They did away with that, and started their VIP programs, which are far more limited, though more expensive.

The VIP at Cedar Point looks to be somewhere on my to-do list. We were waiting for Mean Streak last year and a couple of gentleman came up with a park personel. The lady from the park told us to please wait while they rode. No problem with me I was just wandering why.. Well I found out later they had purchased a VIP package, and found out some details on it. After that all I could do is wonder why MS with all the other options?!?

Ahhh what am I saying! I would've been there too! :lol:

Edited by indianapolisman