2013: A Diamondback Question

The Interpreter

Oh man I loved the Speedlane passes at Cedar Point, you could get one for MF and Dragster and the wait was around 10-15 minutes. Although you had to plan your day around getting the stamps, but it was well worth it, I'm sad they don't do it anymore.

Also, the single rider line will prolly get phased out to Saturdays only as the ride gets older, I would imagine.

How does Diamondback have better capacity than Nitro? According to the manufacturer, Diamondback has the same number of trains and is a 40 second longer ride...

This does not make sense.

Also, have you seen the Nitro ride ops in action? They are among Six Flags best. That is not to say Diamondback does not have fantastic ride ops (it does). But I see no rational way Diamondback can have more capacity than Nitro.

But not every train is full. The single rider line helps ensure that every train is full. Sure, there will be open seats from time to time....but the single rider line is a HUGE advantage when it comes to capacity.

And I was comparing to Goliath...yet to be on Nitro.

Edited by Ki Man

Three other factors greatly contribute to Nitro's incredible capacity as operated. First, Six Flags' silly "No Loose Articles Can Be Brought to the Station" policy means guests do not stow things before boarding. Second, the trains are much easier to board than are the staggered seats on Diamondback, which do confuse a few guests. Lastly, Nitro is in the Northeast, where everyone is always rushing compared to the relatively laid-back South and Midwest.

Three other factors greatly contribute to Nitro's incredible capacity as operated. First, Six Flags' silly "No Loose Articles Can Be Brought to the Station" policy means guests do not stow things before boarding. Second, the trains are much easier to board than are the staggered seats on Diamondback, which do confuse a few guests. Lastly, Nitro is in the Northeast, where everyone is always rushing compared to the relatively laid-back South and Midwest.

Hahaha, all great reasons, Terp! Especially the third, so true!

Though I really doubt people are confused by DB's boarding process. It's set up the same way as any other coaster...gate opens and you walk to your own seat! I haven't seen anyone who's looked confused or wondering which seat to go to..

Edited by Ki Man