4-26-09 PTR

Beast1979

Sorry it's a few days, I've been pretty packed.

DSC01919.jpg

I thought this was worth posting, over the last week I've been doing the Diamondback puzzle. I'm down to that D*mn sky now.

DSC01921.jpg

My brother Joe tagged along on this trip. Why? Dippin Dots, of course!

DSC01922.jpg

We were on the road by about 5:15pm.

DSC01923.jpg

I'm still getting use to seeing this.

DSC01924.jpg

I mean come on,

DSC01925.jpg

Look how beautiful it is!

DSC01926.jpg

We got to the park around 5:30.

DSC01927.jpg

"Ha ha! Our evil plan is working. Everyone is leaving for dinner, while we are entering!"

DSC01928.jpg

Niiiiiiice.

DSC01929.jpg

Necessary Shot.

DSC01930.jpg

Unnecessary shot of Trooper Mom and Joe.

DSC01931.jpg

I havn't been down this path in a while.

DSC01932.jpg

Looks nice.

DSC01933.jpg

Adam (pkiboy) told us to meet up at Blue Racer.

DSC01934.jpg

So we did. From left to right:

Kat's Husband, Kat (violakat03), person who's name I didn't catch (Said she was planning on becoming a member), Me, Joe, Adam, and Nick (Dare-to-fly).

DSC01935.jpg

Our next ride of the day was Adventure Express. NICK! Look forward!

DSC01938.jpg

Afterwards we all agreed to hit Beast next.

DSC01939.jpg

Now here's a "Through the Trees" shot!

DSC01940.jpg

This looks very nice.

DSC01942.jpg

But this looks better!

DSC01941.jpg

How tall is Diamondback? Well, this is the 9th hill!

DSC01943.jpg

Boy, does it look nice!

DSC01944.jpg

We've arrived!

DSC01945.jpg

Adam and his baby.

DSC01946.jpg

Same group, minus Joe plus a few others.

DSC01947.jpg

Ok, this looks awesome.

DSC01948.jpg

From The Beast you can get some great views of Diamondback.

DSC01949.jpg

Adam and I rode in the back car.

DSC01951.jpg

While we were waiting for Kat and company to get off, I took some shots of Diamondback.

DSC01952.jpg

Which really isn't all that hard.

DSC01954.jpg

Vortex? Firehawk? Son of Beast? Eiffel Tower? Bah! None are as photogenic as Diamondback.

DSC01955.jpg

View from a pole.

DSC01956.jpg

The second helix is fun because it goes over the midway, and gives you a perspective of how although you are on the second to last hill, you are still very high up.

DSC01957.jpg

And before you know it, SPLASH! The splashdown is just one of the visually awe inspiring perspectives of Diamondback.

DSC01958.jpg

The first drop has got to be one of my favorite parts. From the back seat, you havn't even left the lift hill and you are already going 30 or so mph. In a matter about a second you are looking nearly straight down, and are practically standing up do to the immense airtime. The track starts to level out, and whoever said B&M's are forceless hasn't ridden Diamondback. You are pinned in your seat as you peel to the right, a combination of positive and latteral G's in one quick turn.

All that, in a matter of 3 seconds. Woa.

DSC01959.jpg

And then before you know it, wham, another frighteningly fast climb, then a surprisingly large drop for a second hill, almost 200 feet!

DSC01960.jpg

There were times I was unsure about Diamondback. I'd compare it to other hypers, and they'd seem bigger, longer, have more hills then Diamondback. But let me tell you, Diamondback is absolutely AMAZING. There is airtime throughout the entire ride, some fantastic turns, amazing drops, and the splashdown, it's all fantastic.

DSC01961.jpg

I rode in the back row with Nick after a 30 minute wait. I saw 4 groups of line jumpers in that time. I'm very surprised at how fast Diamondback's line moved. The line streched through the first set of roundabouts, around the perimiter of the first queue area with the covers, to near the sign, yet it was only half an hour. Kudos to the Diamondback crew!

There were people on KIC talking about how they got wet on Diamondback. I was curious, and at the end I stuck my arm out. WHAM! I was soaked.

DSC01962.jpg

For the last ride of the day, Joe and I rode Flight Deck in the front seat. Joe thought it was fine.

DSC01965.jpg

We sit at the brakes longer then we spend moving on the ride.

DSC01966.jpg

Again? Why not!

DSC01970.jpg

I took this random pic on the way out.

DSC01972.jpg

I cropped this picture to get just the skyline. Feel free to use this as a signature banner. ;)

DSC01971.jpg

Here's an "Artsy" photo of the sunset I took.

Ride Count:

Blue Racer: 1

Adventure Express: 1

Beast: 1

Diamondback: 1

Flight Deck: 2

Total This year:

Diamondback: 2

Beast: 2

Blue Racer: 1

Red Racer: 1

Adventure Express: 2

Flight Deck: 2

I had a great time riding with my coaster friends, I'd like to thank KIC for giving me the oppertunity to meet such wonderful people and allowing me to enjoy Kings Island in a way I never thought possible. I can't wait to go again!

Elissa is the name of the person that you couldn't remember.

Your pictures are amazing! I especially liked the skyline, and there were two photos of Diamondback that were absolutely perfect. Nice work, Jackson.

It was great to hang out with you...and even more fun getting you wet. ;):lol: I'm sure we shall meet again soon!

Until then...enjoy all!

Flyer

glad to see they are finally using backlot's mini cooper again

Actually the mini-cooper was out there all last summer too.

oh, i only went down that path once last season and all i did was gaze at the new theatre front. but i did notice it at the blues party with a flat tire