IMPORTANT Information Regarding Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend

BoddaH1994

So there are going to a total of six rides that open early, spread across Saturday and Sunday. Five out of those six are open from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. The only one not open from 8 to 10 is The Beast on Saturday, which closes an hour early at 9 a.m. for the normal Gold Pass ERT that will take place every Saturday. They're making up for this by opening it an hour earlier than all the others, at 7 a.m. on Saturday.

I'm simply re-stating what is already stated in the official schdule. Basically, the only reason The Beast's ERT is different is because of the Gold Pass ERT that happens every Saturday...in case you were wondering.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn I probably wont be there until at least 6:30AM on the 9th. I wanted to be one of the first people at the park. We wont be leaving Indy until 5 and we are stopping at BK on the way. We will be there bright and early on the 10th though. The only bad thing is since I am not a season pass holder I will be paying for parking twice.

Im glad to see Im not the only person who found registering rules a tad confusing :blink:

When I registered I put my GOCC membership# on the registration form and added my hubby as a guest. I only did that because his GOCC membership was due to expire and I was afraid he wouldn't get his renewed ID in time.

I emailed someone at KI and asked him specifically if he would have to buy a ticket since he was my guest, since we were both platinum pass holders. Well apparently the person felt my ?? was too stupid or something because I recieved no reply :huh:

In trying to make heads or tails of all the verbage and different answers everywhere thankfully my hubby did get his GOCC renewal card in time. I just registered him alone using his GOCC membership#-and at least figuring out that he didnt need a ticket since he wasn't anyone's guest anymore and he is a platinum pass holder.

Since it is the 1st event of this type hopefully KI will get rid of all the confusion.

Still hoping on a great event!! :lol:

See you all there!

Jo

I emailed someone at KI and asked him specifically if he would have to buy a ticket since he was my guest, since we were both platinum pass holders. Well apparently the person felt my ?? was too stupid or something because I recieved no reply :huh:

I would like to know the answer to this too. My girlfriend and I both have platinum passes, I am a member of kic and she is not. Does she need to purchase a ticket to be my guest or can she get in using her platinum pass?

The latter question is easy...unless you are a registered member of a coaster club or named organization, a Platinum, Gold or Kings Island pass does NOT get you admission to RWW...instead you must be the guest of such a member AND purchase guest admission from the Kings Island website.

The latter question is easy...unless you are a registered member of a coaster club or named organization, a Platinum, Gold or Kings Island pass does NOT get you admission to RWW...instead you must be the guest of such a member AND purchase guest admission from the Kings Island website.

thanks

OMG where were you a few days ago???? :lol:

But I must admit (now that I figured it out) I do like the "making a non-club member pay" idea....I know CoasterMania has a tendency to be way too crowded. At one time you could bring up to 4 guests-now I think its down to 1.

Besides someone needs to pay for Diamondback ;)

I know how great past Beast Bash's have been and I am sure RWW is going to rock too! :rolleyes:

Jo

I was here, but at the time there was a Term of Service, now changed, that said all we could say was ask the park. We see what that got you, which sadly is sometimes the case. Things do drop through the cracks. Please know that I would never try to answer a question unless I am about 99.999 percent sure of the answer. Even then, occasionally I get 'corrected.' Sometimes those corrections are right, sometimes they are not. Thankfully, in most things, Cedar Fair has made the answers more logical, intuitive and hard to screw up. Most things.

For instance, I started a thread about how complicated the then season pass program was back when Cedar Fair took over:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...son++Unfairness

They have since simplified virtually every aspect of what was then a very confusing program. If frequent guests can't understand something, it's a sure fire bet that rapidly rotating staffs of seasonal employees will apply the program in a very uneven and even unfair way.

The old McDonald's/US Army policy of KISS makes a lot of sense:

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid!

The old McDonald's/US Army policy of KISS makes a lot of sense:

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Words to live by!

That actually was my personal statement till I changed it to "Keep it simple to keep it cool" a little more younger eye friendly.

And yes the season pass fiasco is a thing of the past. I just wish they didn't need a new picture every year. Make it more like a Drivers Licence once every so many years.

Does any one know about getting a confirmation about registration from the park? I don't want to drive 6 hours and get a place to stay for 2 nights to find out my registration did not go through.

I still haven't gotten a confirmation of registration either. It is my understanding also we would get one via e-mail.

So saturday night, Ashers and I can't be there until probably around 9:45pm-10:00pm. Would we still be able to go to the Diamondback ERT from 10:30-1:00am? I hope we can, because there is no way we can be there earlier on Saturday!!

Hey everyone, just registered and my first post on here, but have browsed for awhile. Thanks for all the info and discussion.

I like this forum setup its similar to my "home park" fan site for SFGam. However I don't go to that site much and to the park even less.

My first trip to KI was last May about this time. I always would get a CP pass but once the platinum came out KI was a must see, even if it meant 3 hours further of a drive than CP was.

I was completely blown away by KI and left after that trip saying it was just as good and worth the drive as CP. The Drop Tower is untouchable, Beast is a wood coaster older than I am that can still kick my butt, the amount of total tunnels on the coasters is amazing, and this was all before I even heard about Diamondback. All I knew was last year this time I was up in the Eiffel Tower and looking down they were ripping alot of area up.

Anyways, my 2nd trip down there is going to be RWW. First of all HUGE THANK YOU to KI for bringing out their own style of coastermania. I never thought twice when I read about this event about going or not. 7am coaster rides are the reason I have this hobby and interest. Seriously they are memory makers. The weather looks promising too. My first trip down there was a washout, but that will make this one even better.

Due to our extensive planning and super long drive, I wouldn't mind having extra confirmation that I registered correctly to get in for ERT. I got the Platinum again, and am a member of a club that is on the list and was in time and all that. I also registered on KI site up to the screen where it said to "buy tickets click here". I think I'm set all I can be.

What I wanted to ask on here was if anyone got a confirmation email or anything else that shows they registered, or know if they will be soon? If they aren't, would anyone at the park be able to confirm it over the phone during business hours?

Thanks in advance for any info and hope this event goes off well. Cedar Fair is rocking your park out more than it already was, you're very lucky if you stay closer than I do!!

I registered as an ACE member since I wasn't quite sure at the time how to register as a KIC member (I pretty much registered about a split second after the event was announced).

Just to be safe, I'm bringing my ACE card and my KIC member info page printout. I don't want to be put with the ACE crowd. I want to ride with KICentral.

I surely hope I am not complicating things.