Did anybody go last friday?

ZukoGirl

I went with my Mom last Friday to get our passes. When I finally got in, I did what I usually do every year before I go home. I get on Delerium and now The Beast. When I got over towards the DB area, I was totally shocked at how short the line was :blink: . Considering the fact on how popular the ride is. The worst part of it was I couldn't get on DB because my Mom decided to go home at the last minute she wanted to go home at the last minute. :( I was totally bummed out by how I missed a good chance and not have to wait in a ridiculous 4 hour line. What I probably should have did is go to DB first. I would have had I not thought the line was long :unsure: .

I guess what I really want to know is when is there a good time to ride Diamondback w/o waiting for hours?

A full queue on Diamondback is about forty five minutes. Which is not a bad wait for the ride, and the shade is fairly decent in the first part of the queue. One suggestion is to NOT ride it first thing in the day. There is a mad rush to ride it then. If you wait a couple of hours, the wait time will be less.

A full queue on Diamondback is about forty five minutes. Which is not a bad wait for the ride, and the shade is fairly decent in the first part of the queue. One suggestion is to NOT ride it first thing in the day. There is a mad rush to ride it then. If you wait a couple of hours, the wait time will be less.

Thanks for the info.

^^Obviously depends on attendance...my guess (and keep in mind, 10:30 may not really be 10:30!) at the minimum 4-6 rides if you're picky on seat choice, and potentially 10+ if not...assuming you're a SR.

I'm very curious about this as well. My only concern is that Diamondback will be the only ride open at this time, and given the fact that it's a new ride I'm optimistic about wait times but won't go so far as to say that waits will be like they were this past Friday.

Speaking of this past Friday, I managed to snag 15 rides. I wouldn't be surprised for those people who really wanted to marathon got in > 40. Those of us who were in the line for rerides I think all knew the same thing, that we probably weren't going to see lines that short again for a while, so grab those rides while you can!

^^Actually, I disagree...Diamondback on a busy day is one of KI's most manageable waits, IMO. (can't say the same thing for Firehawk, Invertigo, heck, even The Beast!!)

I mean, I dig where you're coming from that D-back is always going to be crazy, but last Saturday at noon with beautiful weather and a semi-busy park D-back was only 20 minutes, yes, without SRL and with unassigned dispatched rows.

It's no Maverick at CP (don't get me started on this ride...2 hour+ waits 2 years+ after opening!!), and it's no swine flu pandemic either! ;)

^^Actually, I disagree...Diamondback on a busy day is one of KI's most manageable waits, IMO. (can't say the same thing for Firehawk, Invertigo, heck, even The Beast!!)

It's no Maverick at CP (don't get me started on this ride...2 hour+ waits 2 years+ after opening!!), and it's no swine flu pandemic either! ;)

I don't even bother waiting for Firehawk anymore. Their painfully slow loading time, pulsing of the line to the loading station, and 1-train operations kills capacity along with my patience (not that I had any in the first place ;) ).

DB's single rider line would make sense if the coaster wasn't a people eater. I waited in the SRL for what seemed like over 10 minutes, and noticed that the people who were behind me in line were on the train in front of me. I decided at that point that the SRL wasn't worth it, I could have gotten on a train faster in the regular line.

Maverick's line moves painfully slow, and so the SRL is like a gate to heaven for me, as I often travel to CP by myself and meet up with others later.

^^^ Tigellinus, make no mistake about it, I am not (nor will I be) complaining about how fast the Diamondback line moves. It is, by far, the quickest moving line of any coaster at either KI or CP short of Magnum (or maybe Raptor) running with 3 trains and a good crew. B&M hyper capacities are awesome, and destroy the capacities of the Intamins at CP.

I simply stated that on RWW that the line for Diamondback during ERT may be a little longer than what "usual" ERT may be due to the fact that DB is slated to be the only coaster open during that time. I certainly hope that's not the case, and I'll be in line as long as the wait times aren't outrageous, but I'm preparing myself for the fact that they may not be the <10 minutes we saw this past Friday.

Edited by gad198

I went friday and lines for Diamondback was not bad at all.I rode it twice in less than 20 mins.

Not bad for what i was expecting.When there was a line,it kept moving.Single rider line is ok but at times waiting in the other line would be better.Saturday a 45 min wait in main line and it seemed that the srl moved real slow but it could just be me.

Yeah I was there with my wife and boy last friday and we got in 6 rides, 3 at night which I think are the best. We rode other stuff too in our short 3 hr. trip. Afterwards I realize maybe we should have just rode DB but we had not been to KI in 2 years (been going to CP). Any predictions on what this Friday will be like with a 10-10 math and science ?

gad198: Ohhhhh....duly noted!! :)

Btw, most of the past two years my Firehawk strategy has been 1st ride of the day (little waiting), and then evening (like 6:00 pm) following my hour-long dinner break at Gold Star. However, only with a 2 train operation! But the usual ~75-90+ mins wait did help with the digestion (not that I really needed it per se).

The Firehawk throughput can be pretty good with two trains, efficient pulsing, and no mech. probs...I actually thought the Firehawk crews have been one of the best at KI the past 2 seasons, considering, and when they're firing on all cylinders! (but there have been a few opening issues at times that I haven't been happy about! But that wasn't really the norm)