diamondback seating

Mr. Coastermania

What seats are the best?I hope to get in the front seat one of these days but so far i get row 7 or 8 everytime.I would think the back row would provide more speed but the front row seats would give better air time.

The back seat, which I was able to acquire last time I rode, gave me a lot more air time than the third car. I felt I was out of my seat more there, but I am partial to the back car on any coaster.

The front and back (meaning the very first car and very last car) of the train each have their advantages and exclusive treats.

Back

- Strong floater air over every single hill. You'll be outta your seat from the time you get pulled over the crest of a hill, all the way down the drop, and until you start into the next hill.

- Pulled through the hammerhead. In the back, I find this element to just stand out more from the back seat. Much like with the hills, you're literally yanked through it.

- Great pop of air outta the MCBR. In the back, you'll be lifted out of your seat when exiting the MCBR, something you don't really get as much in the front.

- The Splashdown can get you wet and sounds great right behind your ears. If you like water rides, the back seat is your lone opportunity to bring that element into Diamondback.

Front

- Less airtime on the first drop, but the view is incredible, and dangling 230 feet off the ground... watching the track seem to curve under itself... is awesome.

- Less overall airtime, but the air you catch is more varied. The second, and specifically the fifth (trimmed) hills offer downright ejector air-time when you crest them. The 5th hill literally throws you from the train, with the clamshell doing as much to push you back into your seat as the forces.

- The splashdown has an entirely different effect. What you lose in the proximity of the splash, you gain in an amazing view, sitting in a roller coaster that is skimming the surface of a body of water. Its a cool experience.

- In the front, you get a pop of air heading into the brakes. From the back, the coaster has slowed too much by that point to truly lift from your seat, but in the front, you'll be catching air-time as you hit the brakes.

For me, both the front and the back are absolutely excellent, but I give the slight edge to the front. Dangling over the first drop, 23 stories up, is just awesome. Plus, I prefer the variety of airtime offered in the front (floater, forceful floater, and ejector). And catching a burst of air during the final brakes of a coaster... thumbs up.

I think it basically comes down to whether you prefer lots and lots of floater air (you'll be outta your seat longer in the back) or the more varied floater/ejector air combo offered from the front.Also , whether you prefer being pulled over the first drop, or dangling high in the sky with just a restraint keeping you from sliding forward.

Edited by Tchu