Backyard BBQ: Menu Change

gabelogan99

Well, anything having to do with food I'm going to be on top of pretty quick :lol: It looks like chicken teners are being served this year instead of fried chicken. I'm guessing this is either because of multiple parents' requests or to save money, or both. Personally I like chicken fingers better than fried chicken, even though I'm an adult :lol:

Also, there is an exclusive price for Gold Pass Members of $9.99. Was this just added? I checked the price a couple of days ago and don't remember seeing that. I think it's a pretty good value considering that I spent $16 for just myself in Festhaus on opening day for two slices, cheese sticks, and a Coke! May be the single best food deal I've ever seen! Oh, and by the way it's totally worth it. I've done it a couple times before and as long as you don't do it on a day that's really crowded you'll most likely have a positive experience.

You know, this is totally random but the past 3 times I've gone to Universal they have had 'fruit carts' stocked with whole apples oranges bananas and bags of grapes. I'm not going to lie, I was thrilled when I saw this, especially the size of the bags of grapes. They had to be no less than a half pound if not more. The price was fantastic, if I remember correctly, i paid no more than 1.50 for the bag of grapes and an apple.

Kroger pricing? Of course not but I was so glad to get a cold refreshing snack for a low cost.

And said fruit is delicious. Similar deals can be found at Disney, especially the Studio park. It is simply inexcusable that in this day and age Kings Island does not sell fruit and vegetables in the park. I have begun bringing a cooler, which I could stock for a week with fruit and vegetable snacks at the price of a single Kings Island fatfest.

I have to agree with the fruit thing. I'd love to see fresh fruit at KI. Fruit is full of vitamins, which are very good for you, and it's delicious. I love apples, grapes, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, pears, and pineapple. Although I can't say I love vegetables. In fact, I don't eat vegetables.

Doesn't KI have a fruit smoothie place? I'm not a huge fan of fruit smoothies, so I don't really know. Seems like there's a place between Rivertown and the Eiffel Tower that sells that type of thing although the name escapes me at the moment. It's sad that that's the only thing remotely close to being fruit-related. Unless of course you count cherry icees or blueberry ice cream. :lol:

Yes on opening day I did purchase a bowl of Watermelon with my pizza. For the price I felt the Watermelon should have been seedless. I ate half of it in the Festhause but threw the rest out because I was getting tired of spitting out seeds.

I am reminded that Kings Island does occasionally sell strawberries in a cup (usually covered with whipped cream, UGH) or watermelon cubes. That's about it.

Ah, yes I forgot about the strawberries. I've never seen the watermelon.. but I probably don't pay attention to it when I do because I'm not a big watermelon person.

Chicken tenders are much better than fried chicken in my book. I'm happy with the change.

I'm happy with the change as well. Typically anything with bones in it I usually don't eat. That being said, I did try a piece of fried chicken last year at the Backyard BBQ and I thought it was actually very good--I think I just picked out the right piece. Still, not quite as good as chicken tenders in my book. I used to eat chicken tenders at Oscars all the time and I loved them.

It would be nice if they would add diet sprite or caffine free diet Coke to the menu.

Two thoughts:

1. Yuck

2. I agree. There are several people I know that can't have sugar or caffine. What else can they do? Water is about it. Is that your situation too, or do you just like those, and if so, back to #1.

It would be nice if they would add diet sprite or caffine free diet Coke to the menu.

Two thoughts:

1. Yuck

2. I agree. There are several people I know that can't have sugar or caffine. What else can they do? Water is about it. Is that your situation too, or do you just like those, and if so, back to #1.

It's the 1 thing.Im sure they have other kinds of diet drinks people would like other than those i picked.

It's all season long and runs from 3:00-4:30 every day. You have to get your tickets online beforehand if you want to go.

Last season I was able to purchase Backyard BBQ tickets the same day at the park at the return visitor booth near the Kings Island Theatre. That may have changed.

It's all season long and runs from 3:00-4:30 every day. You have to get your tickets online beforehand if you want to go.

Last season I was able to purchase Backyard BBQ tickets the same day at the park at the return visitor booth near the Kings Island Theatre. That may have changed.

Yeah, and as far as I know you can still do that. The only reason I'd say to get them online is because it saves time and by the time you want to go to the park and buy tickets, they may be sold out for that day.