New Water Ride?

dustyj1986

So...

Everyone should be familiar with Kings Island's 3 major water rides:

1.) Wild Thornberry's River Adventure (nee Kings Mills Log Flume)

2.) White Water Canyon

3.) Congo Falls

but I beg the question... Does anyone else feel that Kings Island needs a new water ride?

let's face it.. the Ohio Valley can get quite toasty and humid in the summer.. how about some more h2O relief? Something unique, thrilling, and wet!!

Anyone have any ideas? Please-share them!!

This could just be me but, I HATE getting wet when I have a shirt and shoes on. I would rather walk over to BB or drive home to my pool if it is that hot outside. I think the dry part of KI is fine and has a lot of water rides.. But BB is in deseperate need of some more body water slides.. It's getting really boring. Just my thoughs.

It would be nice to have a water coaster, and maybe a new log flume.

I agree, a water coaster would be nice, but I am betting a new log flume will not be coming anytime soon. Especially since KI removed it's other log flume (for those that don't remember, it was where Crypt is at today.) Anybody remember its name? There might have been reasons that some on here know about why it was removed. I always liked that one, it was a long and fun ride!

Has a park installed a 4 person log flume in recently?

^ Not that im aware of. I would think that the park doesn't think its "thrilling" enough for people to experience and to draw more people in..

If you were stuck smack dab between CP and KI... and KI got an amazing new record breaking coaster, and CP got a log flume. Which park would you go to?

Personally, KI.. and so would probably 95% of park go'ers..

Edited by Haunted Trail Co-Owner

It would be nice to have a water coaster, and maybe a new log flume.

I agree, a water coaster would be nice, but I am betting a new log flume will not be coming anytime soon. Especially since KI removed it's other log flume (for those that don't remember, it was where Crypt is at today.) Anybody remember its name? There might have been reasons that some on here know about why it was removed. I always liked that one, it was a long and fun ride!

Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal

first introduced in 1973

no 4 person log flumes, just the 20 person capacity Congo Falls

^ Not that im aware of. I would think that the park doesn't think its "thrilling" enough for people to experience and to draw more people in..

If you were stuck smack dab between CP and KI... and KI got an amazing new record breaking coaster, and CP got a log flume. Which park would you go to?

Personally, KI.. and so would probably 95% of park go'ers..

It is all a part of having a well rounded park. It may not draw people, but it will help keep people coming back.

This could just be me but, I HATE getting wet when I have a shirt and shoes on. I would rather walk over to BB or drive home to my pool if it is that hot outside.

Yeah, I would love for them to get one of those new-fangled body dryer things like at Dollywood at the exit of Splash Battle:

dollywood_dryer.jpg

And have it at the exit off White Water Canyon to help dry you off quickly. Perhaps it would even be used for the kids getting off that Wild Thornberry's ride due to the elephant with the really itchy trigger finger.

...Especially since KI removed it's other log flume (for those that don't remember, it was where Crypt is at today.) Anybody remember its name? There might have been reasons that some on here know about why it was removed. I always liked that one, it was a long and fun ride!

First, you and others wanting to know about KCKC will find this interesting:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...502&hl=KCKC

Second, Waldameer some years back installed one of the best flumes in the country. There's also the dandy down at Islands of Adventure--Dudley Doright's, though that park is continually tinkering with the logs and restraints (yes, restraints). Apparently a lot of customers now try to exit logs mid-ride, especially in Florida.