PKI Death Rate

CantStopCabron

Once again, one of my idiot friends has asked me a question I couldn't answer. I was talking about Flight Commander with him and he asked how many people have been killed in the history of Kings Island. I couldn't really give an answer, but my guess was five. We have the Flight Commander woman, the two guys at Viking Fury, the guy that fell out of The Vortex, and I think the dude mauled by the lion. Is that all? Are any of those rumors? Help me out if you can.

Whenever someone asks a question like that, I always reply with another question such as in this case "How many people don't die at Kings Island" just to get off the subject. By the way I don't think anyone ever died on King Cobra. Wasn't that at PKD on Shockwave?

I know it's the lion guy, the lady from Flight Commander, and two from the Oktoberfest pond...that's 4. I'm not sure about 2 others, I thought the boy at the Tower was just legend and the same goes for a boy at The Racer!? I could be wrong on those two though!?

No one died on the King Cobra either. One time it stopped suddenly in the helix and just sat there, but no one was injured badly. The story of the lion mauling and towers are just urban legends I think. One more death I know of though, was that a big band member was out in the parking lot during a storm. He was holding some musical instrument, was struck by lightning and died.

OK, i swear the lion incident did not involve a death. No one ever fell out of The Vortex. No one ever died on The Bat. blah blah blah

The only deaths were in fact the tower, Flight Commander and ONE person in the lake behind Oktoberfest.

That makes three. I'm pretty sure that is the number because there was a paper that was floating around Kings Island two years ago that listed all the deaths, it was actually I think something out of the newspaper.

Five is right. The tower death was during a grad night in '84. The guy climbed the tower, somehow got in the middle, and was killed by the elevator and the cables. The flight commander and the two deaths in the lake happened on the same day in '91. The lady was drunk and passed out on Flight Commander and slipped out from the restraints. The lake deaths happened when one guy fell in and another jumped in to save him. Both were electrocuted from a faulty motor in the lake that "recirculated" the water so it wouldn't be stagnant. The lion death occured in the Wild Animal Safari (which is now the land where SOB and Top Gun are).

Nobody ever died on The Bat. No one got their heads chopped off from the first tunnel on The Beast. That one was always a favorite growing up. And the death on the stand up coaster. was at PKD.