Pilgrims Plunge

I've got to admit, on my way to Holiday World today I wasn't expecting much. The webcam made the ride look kinda wimpy. But I went anyways cause I mean it's Holiday World. What I experienced was above and beyond what I could ever have expected. That was one fun water ride!

Me, Ronny, and a fellow Coaster Cats member left around 1:00 today. It was a long drive out there..... really long, but as always with Holiday World the Voyage was a beacon of hope poking out of the trees. Except this time it shared it's glory with a new ride, Pilgrims Plunge! We got there right in time, took out our cameras, and began our adventure.

IMG_3053a.jpg

IMG_3052a.jpg

IMG_3050a.jpg

a grand old American flag at the top!

IMG_3044a.jpg

the crazy elevator lift

IMG_3054a.jpg

IMG_3062a.jpg

IMG_3066a.jpg

IMG_3069a-1.jpg

a huge fan

IMG_3077a.jpg

Santa in his sleigh

IMG_3107a.jpg

IMG_3111a.jpg

more in a bit...

PART 2:

here he goes!

IMG_3121a.jpg

IMG_3125a.jpg

IMG_3200a.jpg

IMG_3136a.jpg

IMG_3211a.jpg

IMG_3113a.jpg

IMG_3114a.jpg

IMG_3182a.jpg

IMG_3194a.jpg

IMG_3220a.jpg

IMG_3253a.jpg

IMG_3222a.jpg

IMG_3262a.jpg

ronny, me, taylor

It was awesome! I give it 5 stars! Everyone is complaining about the splash, but trust me it is enough! There was not a single inch of me that was not SOAKED! It is a ton of fun! The elevator lift is really really cool! Make your way out there if you get a chance!

Great pictures and glad to hear the ride delivers. Watching the video on Holiday Worlds website I cannot believe the speed it has going down, but the splash is very lackluster. I wonder if that will be changed as the weather gets warmer, I would imagine it is as simple as raising the water level.

Looks fun overall.

Thanks for sharing.

Great photos and report Alex and thanks for inviting me along. I had a great time. My PTR will be up in a bit.

RailRider, don't worry about the splash looking lackluster, you will be fooled. It doesn't appear as much but it gets you drenched and the drop is very fun. I was pretty skeptical of this ride going into today and it washed away all my doubts. Pun intended. :P

It's an INTAMIN!!! What INTAMIN ride hasn't had hiccups in it's first year of operation? I'm sure they will get the splashdown sorted out for your aesthetic preference. That's one of the prices you pay for going with a new design. Diamondback was great, but it only has slight differences from the other B&M hypers. Pilgrims Plunge was great and it's radically different. Don't judge the ride until you ride it for yourself. And I mean if it wasn't worth it for Pilgrims Plunge then you have Voyage. But I don't think you will be disappointed.

Take a ride on Pilgrims Plunge

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

While this ride does look fun, I am still scratching my head. Holiday World has always been very conservative and when they add a new major attraction they do something unique but also appealing to the eye. While PP is unique it is not appealing to the eye, nor is it cost concious. I just wonder at what else they could have done with the money they spent on PP and for a small park to spend that much during these times. I hope they have a strong year for their sake.

^ I agree with most of that assessment. I'm sure part of the reason they went with this was to alleviate some of the crowds that Splashin' Safari gets in the summer. I read that if they push boats out at max capacity they can move 1200 pph, which is a big help. Even if they "only" move, let's say, 800 pph that's a heckuva lot more than their waterslides are pushing through!

Having said that, I completely agree that there may have been more prudent options in terms of ride installations. This ride, IMO, appeals to a very limited demographic. Most of the reviews I've seen of this thus far are complimentary, but those are from the enthusiast community. I can't see how someone who's afraid of heights is going to summon the courage to ride this, and with a 48" height requirement I wouldn't exactly call this a family ride.

I'm curious to see how this ride affects/moves gate attendance. Manta, Diamondback, Prowler (this ride looks to be a hidden gem), and Terminator Salvation have and will move needles about where people may spend time at parks, but I can't envision a typical family looking at this ride and thinking "wow, we've gotta get down there to ride this" if they were undecided on where to spend a vacation or weekend.