Pilgrims Plunge

I am going to Holiwood Nights with my husband, kids, and mother-in-law. We have been going every year and love it! I think PP looks awesome and can't wait to ride it. I do agree that you should not judge a ride until you have ridden it. Sometimes something that looks boring can end up being a great ride and sometimes something that looks awesome can make you think "thats it?". You just have to do it and see what happens.

^^I think he means the latter...when Maverick was announced and being built it admittedly didn't look very intimating or thrilling to many, including me. I mean, a first drop <100'?!?

However, it surprised me and others as well and is actually a ferocious monster that packs a mean punch! It's my 3rd favorite steel coaster, and I've been on many!!

Plus, unlike for others...I ride Maverick in a unique way, which frees me from any arm/shoulder bruising.

^^I think he means the latter...when Maverick was announced and being built it admittedly didn't look very intimating or thrilling to many, including me. I mean, a first drop <100'?!?

However, it surprised me and others as well and is actually a ferocious monster that packs a mean punch! It's my 3rd favorite steel coaster, and I've been on many!!

Plus, unlike for others...I ride Maverick in a unique way, which frees me from any arm/shoulder bruising.

I agree--I think Maverick packs quite a punch...much more than its stats or looks would indicate. The front seat in Maverick is one of my favorite rides (at least top 5!).

I was reading in coasterforce forums and saw one of them email holiday world to check if that splash was the finished product or if the splashdown pool needed filling up more.

holiday reply back said Yes, the Pilgrims Plunge splash pool is at its designated capacity. We are still working in tweaking the wave.

Keep watching our blog and tweets to learn more.

I was reading in coasterforce forums and saw one of them email holiday world to check if that splash was the finished product or if the splashdown pool needed filling up more.

holiday reply back said Yes, the Pilgrims Plunge splash pool is at its designated capacity. We are still working in tweaking the wave.

Keep watching our blog and tweets to learn more.

There is reply from Paula who rights the blog on Holiday World's website (I'm not too familiar with her and don't know her actual position) over at Coasterbuzz where she states that they decided to go with a smaller boat then was originally planned. The smaller boat has resulted in the smaller disappointing wave.