Anyone see today's Webcam?!

tigellinus

Diamondback is a near walk-on!!

Definitely pretty jealous, but I also think if I was there, the ride op's would be thinking, "Seriously, dude, are there not other rides here?! Is there not another world out there besides the Diamondback queue and station!?" So it's probably for the better I'm not there, attempting like 40 D-back rides today!

As a ride operator at Coney, empty days are always some what nice. Things can be a little bit more relaxed when there aren`t large crowds in the park. And guests are generally a more happy too, since they haven`t had to wait dozens of minutes or even hours to ride the rides.

Diamondback is a near walk-on!!

Definitely pretty jealous, but I also think if I was there, the ride op's would be thinking, "Seriously, dude, are there not other rides here?! Is there not another world out there besides the Diamondback queue and station!?" So it's probably for the better I'm not there, attempting like 40 D-back rides today!

For some reason, I doubt they would care. You would just be another one of the thousands of people they would see today. Also, the line was like that last Friday too. If you got up there at like 10 and then stayed until close, you could probably get closer to 50+ rides. I would be up there at around 5-6 tonight had I not sprained my ankle :angry: and gotten REALLY sick <_< . :(:angry:

^^ It's not the swine flu is it? :o

I'm hoping the rain holds off long enough to get some rides in later tonight. I'm sure 50 rides would be doable in six hours with the crowd size right now. Hopefully we'll see some of you all at the park!

I don't know about 50 rides in 6 hours. That's one ride every 7 min. 20 sec. Take about 3 minutes out for loading and the ride, that leaves 4 minutes for the brake run and then exiting and walking through the line, then waiting in the very short line, and repeating. I would say about 40 in 6 hours, but IDK.

^^If it's any consolation, after two weekends of riding Diamondback dozens of times, I already feel kind of burned out myself! I guess the old adage of even guys with hot girlfriends can get bored is true!!

I got three rides in during ERT this morning. The trains would only have 5-10 people on them, pretty nice.

So does this mean the trim was either off or barely grabbing? Also, I wonder if they're still assigning seats with this amount of dead-ness?

When I was there, before 10am, there was no seat assigner.

1st almost no trim, hard on the MCBR

2nd quite a bit of trim, light on the MCBR

3rd light on the trim and MCBR

Also, I took note of the seats this time:

1st - 2-2 on the Green train, at black line it was touching my thigh, no room at all

2nd - 15-1 on the Gold Train, at black line about 1.5" between my thigh at lapbar, I could fit half my forearm between my legs and the lapbar

3rd - 2-1 on the Red Train, two clicks past the black line and I could fit my hand up to my wrist between my leg and the lapbar

^^ I'm willing to bet that trim will be like that all season. I simply can't imagine a scenario where they turn it down as the weather continues to warm. Have you also found the night rides to be more intense?

I will say that I've been pleasantly surprised by how little it affects the air, but on rides where it hasn't grabbed the air on that hill has been INSANE. Being ejected from your seat doesn't happen often on a B&M, but it happens on that hill with no trim!

...Being ejected from your seat doesn't happen often on a B&M, but it happens on that hill with no trim!

Not literally. Thankfully.

Indeed!

Also, I can confirm that the ride is fast. Has there been any word on the validity of whether it's full of venom? It'd certainly give new concern to the brakes biting hard once the weather warms up...

Yeah after my first time, the back seat is my favorite now, we rode it two time's. When I sat on the right the splash down water goes up the right side, I was amazed at how much air-time you get back there, for one moment It felt like I was just floating and hanging in space. I think that tops Magnum ejector seat. The front seat is pretty amazing to.

The back is the best! I could go on and on and on about the back. I love how it slingshots you over the top of the lift and get mass airtime from it. And the fact that you get wet in the splashdown is even better. I always try to go for the back seat. Don't get me wrong, ill ride other places on it, like the front, but the back is the best! :)