Friday May 1st

Kawana

Since I'll probably be one of the first "boys" as kittenpooh put it to post a TR, I thought I'd fill everyone in on the fantastic, or fangtastic day I just had. Some of the finer details are escaping me at the moment, so I'll let others refresh my memory and we'll fill it in as we go.

I arrived at the park at around 9:20 or so and got my customary parking spot in the gold lot. I called XGatorhead to see where he was and who was with him. After leaving a message, I went in and found him standing on the DB porch. Much to my surprise, no one else from the crew was there yet, so we decided to grab some ERT on Diamondback. We had two walk-on rides in row 16 which were my first in that row and were amazing. While we were waiting for our train to arrive we saw pkiboy and Phantom Theater in the station. Just before our third ride, kittenpooh showed up and joined us for a near walk-on once the park was open. From this point (which was about 10:15 or so) 'till about 2:30 or so this would be the crew.

From DB, we then hit up The Beast, which was awsome, as usual. Kittenpooh is going to claim that we drug her on that ride, but you shouldn't believe her. A walk-on to BLSC was after that, with a small delay as someone got caught with a camera out during the ride. Next up was Vortex but not in the Terpy seat. Working our way through Coney Mall we got to Firehawk which was sporting a 45 minute wait. After a couple of "mechanical delays" and an hour and some change later we were on. Kittenpooh did the honorable thing and rode "Superman-style" and from what I could tell, loved it.

After that we had a near walk-on to FoF. That coaster still surprises me after all these years. The red Racer was next on the menu and this is where kittenpooh showed her sense of humor. As the op was coming down the train before us, she hits us with her idea. "You have to do it, I say." So, as she gets down into her seat, and he's just about to check her restraint, she says "Don't touch me there!" Very funny moment as all three of us burst out laughing and the guy doesn't really know what to think. Racer was only running one side due to what we figured was staffing issues. Never before have I seen security personnel, the sweepers or maintenance running rides. Very interesting to see. Adventure Express was next with a walk on.

Around 2:30 violakat called to say that she was at the gate and was coming in. We met her at the Festhaus and from there it was over to FoF where we met up with pkiboy and dare-to-fly. After another near walk-on we all headed back to Diamondback for two more rides with very short waits. I'm starting to forget what we did and in what order, but I think after that we all headed to The Beast, and then after that it was a very short wait on SoB and Invertigo.

Feeling hungry, the group which at this point was 8 of us, left the park and grabbed a bite to eat. Pkiboy and his crew left and went back to the park and Kat, Gator, kittenpooh and myself stayed behind for a few minutes. Then the rains came. Once we got back to the park, kittenpooh had to take off. It was nice to meet you and get to hang out with you. If I see you again later this year, I'll say hi. Gator, kat and I decided to wait out the rain in the Festhaus. After about an hour or so, we ventured over to Diamondback to see what was what. Upon our arrival, we met Boddah, keiko_coaster and her friend and Zosobeast. Boddah took off just prior to DB re-opening and Zosobeast was probably in line for Diamondback. We had decided to ride The Beast again and come back to DB later.

I chose my usual seat (middle seat of the last car) and The Beast was screaming after the rain. Gator, kat, keiko and her friend all decided to take another spin on The Beast and I was too late in figuring this out and was left out of the second ride. At this point CoastersRZ had met up with us and stayed with us for the rest of the night. After we exited the ride, kat attempted to convince keiko to come and ride DB. I wasn't aware beforehand but keiko had an issue with Diamondback the weekend before and was not very eager to ride DB. She and her friend went over to Action Zone, presumably and we were off to DB again. On the way over Kat and I decided to help keiko out. After a ride or so, she spoke to a DB supervisor, explained the situation, and attempted to get keiko back over to DB so she could ride. Kat then pulled a crafty move to get keiko over to DB to try to get her on. After a few text messages, she was in the area and after some more convincing she decided to try to ride. I know she probably didn't want to, but there were at least 4 of us that were not going to let her get to the station and not get to ride. She rode, and had such a time, presumably, that she just had to buy her ORP.

At this time it was about 9:15 and myself and CoastersRZ were absolutely crushing rides on Diamonback. At around 9:50 we thought we'd better try and get one more ride in on DB. It had just started sprinkling and by the time we were on our last ride, it was raining fairly hard. As we're on the ride, rain is just pelting us, but we all wouldn't have not rode. I said "It only hurts when it hits your eyeballs." I couldn't stop laughing on the ride, and seeing everyone's ORPs just made me laugh harder. Kat and gator were covering their faces, and CoastersRZ was trying to but just couldn't get his hands up there, at least that's what it looked like.

We still had 2-3 minutes left and after a mad dash over to The Beast, we tried to get one last ride in. While we made it into the line, unfortunately, The Beast had stopped operations due to the weather.

Like I said, I had a great time, I enjoyed hanging out with everyone and this day was one of my better visits to the park. I'll say that the front row (row 1) on Diamondback has some great ejector air and is competing for my favorite seat on that ride, although there really isn't a bad seat, in my opinion.

Final ride count

Beast-3 Vortex-1 BLSC-1 Red Racer-1 FoF-2 Firehawk-1 SoB-1 Invertigo-1 Adventure Express-1 Diamonback-11

Thanks for reading

Lol i still think last night was hilarious. We were ALL THE WAY AT Son of Beast and Kat texts me saying come to the Diamondback enterance. I texted her asking, why and what we were doing...... You guys were supposively lazy, Kat didnt wanna split up again ANDDD we were supposed to be riding The Beast.. I wasnt completely convinced that we were riding The Beast so I did figure out a code with my friend if you guys did try to get me on, so that i wouldnt have to ride.. The supervisor, Chris and Gabe were so nice to help that i finally said fine, ill ride it. :D

Lol i still think last night was hilarious. We were ALL THE WAY AT Son of Beast and Kat texts me saying come to the Diamondback enterance. I texted her asking, why and what we were doing...... You guys were supposively lazy, Kat didnt wanna split up again ANDDD we were supposed to be riding The Beast.. I wasnt completely convinced that we were riding The Beast so I did figure out a code with my friend if you guys did try to get me on, so that i wouldnt have to ride.. The supervisor, Chris and Gabe were so nice to help that i finally said fine, ill ride it. :D

Well, it became the group's collective goal to get you to ride, even though you were lured in under false pretenses. I'm happy you broke down and rode with us. "When something is right, people will see that and correct what has been happening." My boss says that all the time and it was proven true last night. :)

Hey dont touch me there!!!! Omg that guys facial expression what the best. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I just had to do it. I guess you would have been there. gator couldnt stop laughing. I will have to do that again at rww. I would have the train crackin up. ha ha Anyways. I hope to hang out with you guys next weekend. I am so excited. Kawana, anytime your there and I have the time and money and want to hang out let me know and we can hang out together. I have figured I am going to get the most used out of my season pass going during the week and I will be alone. Hey did you all ride Delirium for me?Thanks for the great time boys!!! and kat!!!

Well, it became the group's collective goal to get you to ride, even though you were lured in under false pretenses. I'm happy you broke down and rode with us. "When something is right, people will see that and correct what has been happening." My boss says that all the time and it was proven true last night. :)

Hah. I still dont know how you guys did it.. The entire time i was walking backwards towards Son of Beast and you guys were all still standing there. And then Kat i guess called Angie to get my cell phone number i found out later. haha

Is the Diamond coaster open yet?

Oh, no. It's still under construction. They have about half the lift hill done. :rolleyes: Here we go again!

Now for my real post. It was great to meet all of you that I met yesterday, and I'm sure I'll see you again!

Hah. I still dont know how you guys did it.. The entire time i was walking backwards towards Son of Beast and you guys were all still standing there. And then Kat i guess called Angie to get my cell phone number i found out later. haha

I'm not entirely sure how it happened. Gator told me that she told you that she was looking for me and someone else and that we were going over to The Beast. I was wondering what would happen when you got over to DB but everything worked out in the end. Kat may be the one to ask about the specifics. Let me know what you find out.

I showed up around 3:30ish and Diamondback's line was still very short, I think the longest I waited was 10 mintues MAYBE. It was a GREAT day to be at King Island. I loved the rain to, something about riding a roller coaster in the rain just makes me smile =)

Sounds like you and everyone else had a blast! Unfortunately when I went yesterday their were 45 minute waits for almost everything, except Diamondback of course :)

I think it would be cool to meet up with some you guys sometime. I have a great sense of humor and I'm also a coaster fanatic! :)

I had a lot of fun that day, and the next at HW. I loved that everything but Firehawk was pretty much a walk-on (with a short wait for FoF). I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again at RWW this weekend.

When we were plotting to get keiko on DB, I turned to CoastersRZ and said "Why does this feel like an intervention?" We all just sort of conspired and completely blindsided her. I felt kind of bad for her about that, but the result was a great one! I'm glad you got to ride again after your one bad experience, and hopefully you'll ride again many more times!

And I love the subtitle to this TR. It was a completely different experience in the rain, with it stinging like needles all over your face. I've ridden a fair share of coasters in the rain before, but none at that speed. I tried keeping my eyes open, but the sensation of little pellets of rain hitting my eyeballs at that speed was not one that I particularly enjoyed, so Kat and I decided to have our first "eyes closed" ride on DB!