PT or Scooby Doo?

italianchef

I personally find more re-ride value with scooby. However I respect PT about a thousand times more than Scooby. They just need to hide the fakeness in it and fix the station, then I can feel comfortable with it. Or they can make me another haunted house, which I am hoping for anyways. Or atleast some more dark rides. In the end, I got more enjoyment and generally felt better about having Phantom Theater. It was the only Disney like ride outside of disney until TR showed up. I will definetly miss it. Still, blasting ghosts is a definete plus, and it's nice to see that building packing in the kiddies with a ride that actually fits it's area of the park.

I admire the job PKI did with Scooby. It wins my vote in the ride arena for being fun as heck. As for PT, I wouldn't call it a ride. It was a staple for the park; a standby for anyone who wanted to relax in the dark. But it didn't thrill or entertain, and was only mildly amusing for it's cheeseyness. Therefore, Scooby is definately a better addition to the park.

Man, Phantom was seriously hated by these boards. Well, good for you, you'll have more fun than me for the next ten years this unfinished ride is in place, which is exactly what it is. Like TR PKI manages to forget the essentials of a dark ride and unveils the fakeness in everything for everyone to see. As far as Disney and Phantom Theater go, incase you haven't noticed, the ride system of PT is extremely similar to the Haunted Mansion's, as well as the theming. Well, I'll stop there as I'm sure I'm gonna get alot of hate mail for this. Scooby's great fun, I just would like to have seen a bigger transformation from Phantom, that's all.

Ryan, I agree with you. I was at PKI this past Sunday and my sister had to ride Scooby Doo and the Haunted Crapper. I went on it with her. It was just as I expected. The characters are mostly 2-D, instead of the 3-D characters PT had. I thought PT was a wonderful ride and all of those PT characters were full of life. PT is my favorite non-coaster ride ever at PKI. Nothing will truly replace it. I do not forsee myself riding SD&HC that much. As for Scooby, I imagine there will not be a lot of people crying in ten years when this puppy gets put to sleep!

I highly Doubt Scooby will be taken out i mean he is one of the most POPULAR cartoons out there and he has always been...thats like saying TR to be taken out in 10 years...PT was Dumb ...when i heard PT was to be taken out i said to my best firend..its bout time PT is gone it is to old,Then i when i heard Scooby doo was take PT's place i was Happy at least its something cool...i dont what you guys see in PT....yeah i will agree it was a Classic Dark Ride...But Scooby is WAY better my vote goes to the Doo! yeah makes me happy! rolleyes.gif :)OH and there are 3D characters in the ride Just hit a Scooby Snack Box and watch the warewolf chase shaggy!

Edited by Dino2003

I highly Doubt Scooby will be taken out i mean he is one of the most POPULAR cartoons out there and he has always been...thats like saying TR to be taken out in 10 years...PT was Dumb ...when i heard PT was to be taken out i said to my best firend..its bout time PT is gone it is to old,Then i when i heard Scooby doo was take PT's place i was Happy at least its something cool...i dont what you guys see in PT....yeah i will agree it was a Classic Dark Ride...But Scooby is WAY better my vote goes to the Doo! yeah makes me happy! rolleyes.gif :)OH and there are 3D characters in the ride Just hit a Scooby Snack Box and watch the warewolf chase shaggy!

Kings Island changes the Haunted House every 10 years, so most likely Scooby Doo & the Haunted Mansion will face the same fate as its predessor in a decade.

I agree that Scooby Doo is the most popular cartoon character now. But will he be in 10 years from now? This decision will be made in part by children who weren't even born yet.

Just to let you all know, I am a HUGE Scooby Doo fan, but I am also an objective person.

Man, Phantom was seriously hated by these boards. Well, good for you, you'll have more fun than me for the next ten years this unfinished ride is in place, which is exactly what it is. Like TR PKI manages to forget the essentials of a dark ride and unveils the fakeness in everything for everyone to see. As far as Disney and Phantom Theater go, incase you haven't noticed, the ride system of PT is extremely similar to the Haunted Mansion's, as well as the theming.  Well, I'll stop there as I'm sure I'm gonna get alot of hate mail for this. Scooby's great fun, I just would like to have seen a bigger transformation from Phantom, that's all.

RyanA,

My wife and I both agree with you that Phantom Theater was VERY similar to Disney's "Haunted Mansion". And we've ridden that ride at 3 different Disney parks in 3 different time zones.

Yes, Scooby Doo is an awesome ride. But personally, I very much miss Phantom Theater. It had a charm that no other ride can replicate. And if I were a rich man.....I'd buy the figures and sountack from PKI and build a new Phantom Theater for myself on my estate (that I'd build).

A major perk about PT was that the lines were short so one was able to ride it again and again in bad weather or after eating. SDATHC is very popular and its lines will be long for years to come.

Anyway, I'd like to express my continued fondness of PT nearly one year after its retirement.

ItalianChef

Edited by italianchef

I highly Doubt Scooby will be taken out i mean he is one of the most POPULAR cartoons out there and he has always been...thats like saying TR to be taken out  in 10 years...PT was Dumb ...when i heard PT was to be taken out i said to my best firend..its bout time PT is gone it is to old,Then i when i heard Scooby doo was take PT's place i was Happy at least its something cool...i dont what you guys see in PT....yeah i will agree it was a Classic Dark Ride...But Scooby is WAY better my vote goes to the Doo! yeah makes me happy! rolleyes.gif  :)OH and there are 3D characters in the ride Just hit a Scooby Snack Box and watch the warewolf chase shaggy!

When PT opened, 10 years ago, it was a great ride. The f/x were up-to-date for the time, and it was very popular. Scooby will be this way for years, and then it will get old and something else will replace it, probably a movie theme that Paramount has out at the time. Just think how many rides have been in that building, Scooby is now the 4th ride since 1973, for a reason. TR could be re-theamed in 10 years for another movie. Saying a ride is "dumb" because it is old is a slap in the face to those that designed it.

I agree that someone shouldn't say a ride is dumb just because it is old. The Scheechin' Eagle at Lesourdsville Lake was built in 1927 and it is a fantastic ride. SE is considered to be one of the best coasters in Ohio. PT wasn't a dumb ride. PT was a work of art. Those characters appeared to be so lifelike compared to the Scooby ride.

You all dont know what iam saying iam sayin Scooby will always be popular! he has been since 1969 think about that...Kids these days werent born yet IN 69!!...And yet Scooby lives on...i think the haunted castle will always be around! Scooby is popular he ranks up there with Mickey,Bugs Bunny,Homer Simpson........i said the castle will be around because Warner Bros has a Movie Chain of Scooby Movies planned and yet scooby will remain Popular...PT was a good ride but most people just rode it to cool off during the summer...all iam saying Scooby will forever be popular...he is known everywhere..You get Popular for a reason! smile.gif

Thanks for the not bashing me guys, I know alot of you are big SDATHC fans, so I'd like to apologize if I came across that I did not enjoy Scooby. I was tired this morning and going to school, so I was a little frustrated. To make sense of what I said about it not being complete, 1, there were 3d characters which were excellent but not enough of them, 2, in between the scenes you could clearly see the building walls and exit doors because of incomplete theming, 3, the station was very dull and you could easily see the rafters(hence the relation with TR:TR), and 4, the ride was not a very big departure from PT in terms of que area. It seemed more like a fearfest transformation for kids than a new ride. But then again, when the hb land ride in there was turned into the smurfs, they kept the same ride system and most walls I believe, so I guess it makes sense. With tweaking this ride could live up to my very high standards of dark rides. But I won't be able to completely accept this attraction until the park gets another dark ride, or even a really scary haunted house.

Thanks for the not bashing me guys, I know alot of you are big SDATHC fans, so I'd like to apologize if I came across that I did not enjoy Scooby. I was tired this morning and going to school, so I was a little frustrated. To make sense of what I said about it not being complete, 1, there were 3d characters which were excellent but not enough of them, 2, in between the scenes you could clearly see the building walls and exit doors because of incomplete theming, 3, the station was very dull and you could easily see the rafters(hence the relation with TR:TR), and 4, the ride was not a very big departure from PT in terms of que area. It seemed more like a fearfest transformation for kids than a new ride. But then again, when the hb land ride in there was turned into the smurfs, they kept the same ride system and most walls I believe, so I guess it makes sense. With tweaking this ride could live up to my very high standards of dark rides. But I won't be able to completely accept this attraction until the park gets another dark ride, or even a really scary haunted house.

Don't aplogize for expressing your own opinion. So, long as one expresses their views in a civilized manner - no one should take umbrage. And your posts were not in the least bit unbecoming.

And for the record, I think that SDATHC rocks! And it'd trade it in a heartbeat for PT because I think that it rocked even better.

Edited by italianchef

I am a huge fan of dark rides and I really enjoyed both but I'm going to have to say Scooby wins as my favortie. I don't know, there is just something about it that I like better than PT. However, I didn't get to ride PT until just last Season and I only rode it once or twice, maybe if I would have had the chance to ride it more I would think more highly of it... But as of now, Scooby Dooby Doo! cool.gif

Scooby's castle will not always be around, just like the name on the kiddie rollercoaster. It was changed to Beastie from Scooby for a reason.

Scooby, Mickey, Bugs, HOMER?!? Wow.

Thats a coaster what were talking about is a dark ride yes it was changed because of The Beast it was hyped back then! and yes the top 5 cartoons of all are Mickey,Bugs bunny,Simpsons,Scooby!!!!!

So that means HOMER is a top character!

Scooby's castle will not always be around, just like the name on the kiddie rollercoaster.  It was changed to Beastie from Scooby for a reason.

Scooby, Mickey, Bugs, HOMER?!? Wow.

Thats a coaster what were talking about is a dark ride yes it was changed because of The Beast it was hyped back then! and yes the top 5 cartoons of all are Mickey,Bugs bunny,Simpsons,Scooby!!!!!

So that means HOMER is a top character!

Dino,

I fully respect your enthusiasm for Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle and I am a huge fan of Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, and all Hanna-Barbera characters.

It is very nice to see that you are so confident that SDATHC will always be around. And you have every right to feel that way. All I point out is:

1. Every 10 years the haunted attraction is changed, so odds are Scooby will go in 10 years.......unless it's TOO popular, in which case it'd probably be upgraded.

2. Yes, right now I'd say that Scooby is MORE popular than Mickey Mouse and rightfully so. However, no one can predict who will reign supreme in 10 years. I hope that Scooby will still be as popular as he is now.

My point is, please keep an open mind because no one can predict the future. Aside that, have a great day!!!!!

First Off thank you for your respect secondly i am Sucker for HB i love old Hanna Barbera cartoons i like em better than the new nick toons yes i feel strongly about scooby he is very popular and will continue to be hopefully like i said you get popular for a reason

Yeah like DINO said Scooby is Popular...as a DIEhard Scooby Fan let me fill ya in...Scooby is the most Popular character from HB and always has been and always will be...besides Dino you have nothing to worry bout scooby is popular because so many people can Idenifie with him...Scooby will continue to be popular because of DIEhard fans like me!and the People! blink.gif

Yes, but KI couldn't afford to keep PT to the level it needed to be kept, which probably explains the 2-D cutouts, and all that fun stuff. Its easier to maintain. And without turnover, all of our rides would be outdated. What if we still had the enchanted voyage in its original state? Is that better than a nice new ride that attracts people? Instead of all of Action Zone, would you rather just have the Screamin Demon? I think not. Change is a part of amusement parks, and PT now joins the ranks of The Bat, King Cobra, Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, and many many other rides, not only at KI but around the world. It was its time.

Yes, but KI couldn't afford to keep PT to the level it needed to be kept, which probably explains the 2-D cutouts, and all that fun stuff.  Its easier to maintain.  And without turnover, all of our rides would be outdated.  What if we still had the enchanted voyage in its original state?  Is that better than a nice new ride that attracts people?  Instead of all of Action Zone, would you rather just have the Screamin Demon?  I think not.  Change is a part of amusement parks, and PT now joins the ranks of The Bat, King Cobra, Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, and many many other rides, not only at KI but around the world.  It was its time.

Scoobys popular always has been always will be Scoobys the type of cartoon character that will be popular in like 2034 yeah will the haunted castle most likey get changed but we always have Six flags to enjoy scooby and bugs there!

Edited by Scooby_Doo