Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

so, i thought i would start this topic so if someone noticed something interesting to them they could post it.

i for one was interested to find out that the international showplace theater had a basement under it, i honestly had no idea it was there until the 25th when i rode Diamondback.

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy

It's a trick also used in movie sets. It helps enhance the visual appeal of International Street.

One little thing that goes a long way in my book is the music throughout the park. I love to always have music in the background, and the current selections are very nice. It was one of the things that I really loved about CP-as opposed to the Paramount brainwash/mind torture/media overload of TVs with commercials everywhere you'd look. Everything is better with music!

I was walking through Action Zone yesterday, and two employees were walking through the crowds with full cash tills. I thought this was very daring, and not something I would want to walk through a crowd with...I saw some later in Rivertown too, but they had them in cases where it would be harder to steal from... There has to be a better system for transporting money than walking it around in plain view in the park...

I just now noticed the waterfall going into DB's splashdown yesterday. I also never noticed the tiny arcade tucked back over by the LaRosa's in Rivertown. It's amazing what things you notice when you actually stop to look around.

I also noticed two girls smoking in a non smoking area on the bricks between the airbrush tattoo and Shake Rattle and Roll. An employee saw them and did nothing.

I noticed that Flight of Fear's old trains are sitting behind Timberwolf and can be seen from SOB's lift hill. I had seen the trams before but never FOF's old cars.

I also noticed that if you look to the right as you're going down the third hill on Diamondback you can see where it looks like they misplaced several footers when building the ride. They're about 50 feet away from where the ride actually is. They're even more noticeable if you ride the train and look over into Diamondback's ravine.

I noticed:

That the green and amber lights on scrambler form a nice spiral pattern if you view it from across the midway...

That the old, dilapidated shack against the wall of the arcade right next to Monster is in need of some TLC...

That Kings Island smells like asphalt, french fries and sun block...

A light was burned out in the Royal Fountains...

Plasma or LED TVs on in the International Restaurant...

That Viking Fury is powered by tires! :blink: Honestly, I never knew that...

That's about all. Cheers!

There was no splashdown at the end of BLSC and no water to be seen in that pit (save for a stray puddle or two).

The geese seemed to be quite happy hanging out around the front of the fountain.

The lower observation deck on Eiffel Tower was open yesterday.

There's a new Bank A Ball game by DB's final helix. The girl working there last weekend asked my kids if they wanted to win their Mom a big prize for Mother's Day. I had to say "DON'T!!! DON'T!!! DON'T" before they told her that their Mother is dead. (which, in fact, is true). Didn't want to give that poor girl a complex so early in the season!!!

The smoking area near DB's entrance has been removed.

BLSC has a LOT of rust!

The effects in the last tunnel of AE aren't working. Guess I won't pay this year.... unless I eat at the park! LOL!!!!

The carpenter bees scare me because I'm allergic to any type of bee sting. If I get stung, it'd totally ruin my day, and could make me very sick. They had lots of nests in AE's queue, and they'd fly by very often. I cringe every time I see one. Ughhh, I hate them. <_<

Well, just do like all the other people do that go to themeparks. Sue for 25 million dollars over a small thing. Lol. By the way a bee sting isnt a small thing. Just making point on what i see on the net. I noticed that they didnt have to take out King Cobra to put in something as small as Delirium. Cedar Point put MaxAir in a small spot and just moved a few things around. MaxAir is just like Delirium. Only MaxAir is a few feet taller when it swings. I also noticed that if you stand next to Drop Tower you can feel the air hitting you as the ride is coming down from the drop.

The carpenter bees scare me because I'm allergic to any type of bee sting. If I get stung, it'd totally ruin my day, and could make me very sick. They had lots of nests in AE's queue, and they'd fly by very often. I cringe every time I see one. Ughhh, I hate them. <_<

Well, just do like all the other people do that go to themeparks. Sue for 25 million dollars over a small thing. Lol. By the way a bee sting isnt a small thing. Just making point on what i see on the net. I noticed that they didnt have to take out King Cobra to put in something as small as Delirium. Cedar Point put MaxAir in a small spot and just moved a few things around. MaxAir is just like Delirium. Only MaxAir is a few feet taller when it swings. I also noticed that if you stand next to Drop Tower you can feel the air hitting you as the ride is coming down from the drop.

King Cobra was removed becuase it was made of inferior quality steel.

I also noticed that if you look to the right as you're going down the third hill on Diamondback you can see where it looks like they misplaced several footers when building the ride. They're about 50 feet away from where the ride actually is. They're even more noticeable if you ride the train and look over into Diamondback's ravine.

Are you sure those aren't the footers for the new coaster for 2010? I think it's going to be an identical DB so that they can race each other. hehehe...

A couple more things I noticed this past Sunday:

Those playing the basketball game along the path between Rivertown and Coney Mall can pay for it with Visa or Mastercard now (there's a sticker with the cards' logos on the side of the metal box where they stick the cash).

Several lights have been removed along the queue lines for BLSC and Delirium - look for concrete pads with plastic tubes sticking out of them.