Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

Diamondback has one stretch which is really rough, or subject to some sort of vibration. And the splashdown looks scummy compared to the nice blue-painted concrete depicted in the early renderings (see also the Fountain! c'mon, the splashdown needs to look like that!)

its called trim brakes O:) lol

Not the part I'm referring to. I don't remember exactly where, but one of the hills after the hammerhead seems really rough. (or maybe there is a trim at the place I'm thinking of - I'm curious now, and I'll have to check next time!)

I know where you are talking about. There is a little shake at the bottom of the hill coming out of the hammerhead right befor you go back up the next hill where the trim brake is at.

Here's something that I consider terrifying. If you watch the track on Diamondback on the first drop between the two supports, it will give a little while the train is on it. That's not terrifying, the fact that the largest support shakes quite a bit after the train drops, that scares me.

If it didn't "give" it would snap thus casuing catostrophic failure! :lol:

If you go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and stand still, you can feel the whole tower swaying back and forth. It's all physics!

Yesterday I noticed for the first time that there is not really a backstage area to the International Showplace. I noticed this on Diamondback coming back into the staton while they were playing thriller.

There's a basement, with stairs leading up into the two small green rooms on each side of the stage. The back is just a sunshade, which was just added last year during Diamondback's construction. Before, it didn't need it due to the thick trees behind it.

I noticed going up the hill on DB that it sorta wiggles back and forth. A snake-like movement I thought that was pretty cool. Kinda funny how you don't notice things like that until you ride several times.

were the themeing used to be on flight decks queue, that X-BASE used to have the pathway painted like a runway, flight decks opical allusion that you are going to collided with SOB, that Cedar Fair left Tomb Raiders old photo both standing while the rest of the path was demolished, that Cedar Fair was too lazy to thake down the temporary walls in the B-Side of the action theater and exit, the old bats footers are neat, the fact that the park dose not have a large varaity of thrill rides not counting coasters, the fact that the clock above fetaus dose not work but that it had something like that is cool, the fact that fetaus outside is themed to germany but the inside is country/chinese, invertago has not been painted in forever, there are lights out in AE. i think thats about it for me, give me time i'll think of more. :rolleyes:

I noticed going up the hill on DB that it sorta wiggles back and forth. A snake-like movement I thought that was pretty cool. Kinda funny how you don't notice things like that until you ride several times.

I have noticed what you are talking about but didn't notice it until like my 10th time on it.

Another thing I notice and I know other people have noticed is when you get to the top of the lift hill on Diamondback you feel a slight hesitation, especially the further back you are sitting in the train, when that happens the front of the train is starting to crest the top of the lift hill.

^ If I am correct, that slight hesitation is the block brake on the lift hill. Basically, if the other train hasn't passed the MCBR yet, the train will stop right there on the lift and continue once the train passes.

Um. There is no "block brake" on the lift hill. If the train ahead of the one on the lift has not cleared the mid course brake run, then the lift will stop. No brake needed as the train is not being propelled by its own kinetic and potential energy yet. It is still relying on the chain lift to move. Chain stops, train stops. No need for a brake. The slight hesitation you feel might simply be the chain slowing down a little bit as the train crests the hill. Not unlike what happens on the lift hills of The Beast.

Another thing I noticed. KI's coasters seem to come in 3s, and by that I mean by manufacturer. Vortex, AE, and Flight Deck are all Arrow. FoF, BLSC and the old trains on SoB were Premier. Is that anything? Maybe I'm just reading too much into things.

Another thing I noticed. KI's coasters seem to come in 3s, and by that I mean by manufacturer. Vortex, AE, and Flight Deck are all Arrow. FoF, BLSC and the old trains on SoB were Premier. Is that anything? Maybe I'm just reading too much into things.

Well if this is true that means we should be getting a B&M inverted and a B&M dive machine next. ;)

The only thing Premier had to do with SOB was the design of the trains.

...And you forgot Vekoma with Face/Off, Runaway Reptar.

I forget who built the Ghoster Coaster in '98. Sorry to disprove your theory.

^ I notice that all the time. Every coaster must give a little. Or else, it will buckle.

If SOB ever does re-open. Go to the restrooms closest to Racer, and watch the lift hill after the train passes. It sways back and forth like a swing.

^ I notice that all the time. Every coaster must give a little. Or else, it will buckle.

If SOB ever does re-open. Go to the restrooms closest to Racer, and watch the lift hill after the train passes. It sways back and forth like a swing.

You could also see it sway standing in line too.