Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

I've noticed that their's nothin in Festhaus that's German. And that's just wrong.

Very true. The balcony above the entrance has a bit of the woodwork left, but it could be much better. I'm sure the country stuff plays well among certain demographics, but I miss that old world feel big time.

I noticed that the Paramount logo is still prevalent in the park... if you know where to look.

The.... AGH! I forgot the name! Its the like pet drop off center! The name just escaped me!

One thing I noticed a few days ago, was how beautiful the park really is ever since CF took over. The landscaping is a lot better. Not to mention the rides! I just recently came to my senses and I look at the park completely different now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TombraiderTy
^ There's framing for the second story, but it has no roof nor is it an actual usable floor. I saw this in the photo gallery on KIDiamondback.com. The stairs might be for roof access. I could be wrong though.

There is an upper floor of LaRosa's, it's not just a facade.

-on the other side there is a shed (s that the feeding house from the safari?)

Adventure Express opened in 1991, the Monorail's last year was 1993.

May as well share a couple things several people don't know or haven't noticed...

The seal around and inside Flight of Fear's building (Bureau of Paranormal Activity) is modeled after the official seal of the United States.

On a side of Flight of Fear's building are these letters and numbers:

img7801c.jpg

It's a reference to Jane G. Cooper, the former president and CEO of Paramount Parks, and the year the attraction opened, 1996

Guest TombraiderTy
And the ride used to be located at Fort Cooper. Now known as Fort Kinzel. You may have heard of him.

Jane Cooper continues on as a bigwig in the theme park industry. She's now a very important asset for Heschend. Her current title there is President, Attractions.

Flight of Fear is stuffed with references to not only Jane Cooper (and now Dick Kinzel), but also to several different UFO and alien conspiracies. It's quite interesting, in my opinion.

I wanted to get a pic of the flowers near Plankton's Plunge, but the line was wrapped around the Spongebob water thing...and well, I just couldn't get close enough to get the shot I wanted. But, I have until Sunday ;)

I wanted to get a pic of the flowers near Plankton's Plunge, but the line was wrapped around the Spongebob water thing...and well, I just couldn't get close enough to get the shot I wanted. But, I have until Sunday ;)

As someone who used to work on the grounds crew at a country club in the summers, I notice how good the flowers, trees and landscaping look at KI. And I know and appreciate how much work goes into keeping the park looking that good.

Some things I noticed about The Beast this past weekend:

There's a huge fan at the back of the station.

There are lots of old lights in the rafters that don't appear to be used anymore.

There's an old ramp leading from the first set of queue lanes to the point where the line splits into front/back - indicating that the first set of queues was actually added before the second set

The building to the right of the queue lane is actually quite large - is this where the old snack stand was located?

Those big tall things on hinged poles seen at various points along the ride are lights

There's a small shack near the maintenance road (below the station) that looks like an outhouse

Some things I noticed about The Beast this past weekend:

There's a huge fan at the back of the station.

There are lots of old lights in the rafters that don't appear to be used anymore.

There's an old ramp leading from the first set of queue lanes to the point where the line splits into front/back - indicating that the first set of queues was actually added before the second set

The building to the right of the queue lane is actually quite large - is this where the old snack stand was located?

Those big tall things on hinged poles seen at various points along the ride are lights

There's a small shack near the maintenance road (below the station) that looks like an outhouse

The lights in the rafters I believe were installed for Beast's 25th anniversary, at the same time the wooden signs above some of the gates were 'ignore the screaming in the woods' etc, as well as the large sign that for the 25th anniversary also had alot of stats and specs about the ride. The lights are still there just not used, as well as the sound effects that accompanied them. For the 'old ramp' if I remember that right, was added when the gold pass fast pass/track, was added for some rides...im pretty sure it was Beast/Drop Zone/Tomb Raider/ Italian Job and maybe another one or two rides. But the ramp was included in a path that coinsided with The Beast line of two years ago. The only reminents of that gold pass line is the ramp that now has lock to keep guests from going up that way, as well as in the first queue house the steps can be seen on the left as you go down into the queuehouse.

I noticed there's a Diamondback seat under the train storage laid on a trashcan, I noticed inside the fence thing between Rivertown Junction and Diamondback's queue there's a test seat in there. I also noticed you can see inside of the top of Drop Tower at night, it was kinda cool. I also noticed you could see the little pond that's part of WWC from Diamondback.

Here's another thing I've noticed..and it cracks my kids up every time we walk by

There's a store in the Coney Mall area (forget the name of it) that has skeletons modeling the clothes/guitars in the window of the shop. One has on a mullet wig and has a cigarette in it's mouth.

My daughter says "Smoking will kill ya. Oh wait! You're dead. Carry on." And laughs like crazy.

Here's another thing I've noticed..and it cracks my kids up every time we walk by

There's a store in the Coney Mall area (forget the name of it) that has skeletons modeling the clothes/guitars in the window of the shop. One has on a mullet wig and has a cigarette in it's mouth.

My daughter says "Smoking will kill ya. Oh wait! You're dead. Carry on." And laughs like crazy.

i remember seeing that :P Also the Characters that walk around the front gate in the morning can get quite annoying, i was there with a group of friends and one came over ant took a hat from us and aother group. it was annoying to theose who got their hat taken but not to me :lol:

The other day I was walking by the viking ship, and i dont know why i never noticed it before, but i noticed that there were fish in the water. But, more than just goldfish. all kinds. haha i know i sound stupid but, what ever.