Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

-As soon as you get on Diamondback and the train Dispatches, turn around and look into the station. As long as there isn't a Train in the Station you can see the Room Under the station, there's a Coke Machine in there.

-

There's a Diamondback Test Seat in the Fenced off Area in between Wings and The Queue Line. You can only see it while on Diamondback or if you look threw a Hole in the fence.

-There isn't a Camera On DB's lift, there is only one on the MCBR.

-Crypt is very greasy! Every time I ride Crypt I touch the actual Ride Supports and there's always Black Goo on it. Also, if your sitting in the Back Row on the Side Closest to the Pre-Show, you can almost touch the Buttons on the Ride.

-Racer reaches 5.5 Vertical G's on the Hill going into the Turnaround.

-From Eiffel Tower you Can see over 25 Water Towers in the Area, even on a Foggy Day!

-Delirium's logo painted onto the Ride has Almost Completely Faded away along with the Paramount's Kings Island logo.. :(

-The Hawk on Fire on Firehawk's Sign recently Got a New Beak after it's old one was torn off.

-Son of Beast only has 23 Brake Fins throughout the Whole Ride (Minus the Station.)

-Viking Fury Sucks this year!

-All the Flat Rides outside of Nickelodeon Universe & Coney Mall have All changed since they've opened.

Some things I noticed about The Beast this past weekend:

There's a huge fan at the back of the station.

There are lots of old lights in the rafters that don't appear to be used anymore.

There's an old ramp leading from the first set of queue lanes to the point where the line splits into front/back - indicating that the first set of queues was actually added before the second set

The building to the right of the queue lane is actually quite large - is this where the old snack stand was located?

Those big tall things on hinged poles seen at various points along the ride are lights

There's a small shack near the maintenance road (below the station) that looks like an outhouse

The lights in the rafters I believe were installed for Beast's 25th anniversary, at the same time the wooden signs above some of the gates were 'ignore the screaming in the woods' etc, as well as the large sign that for the 25th anniversary also had alot of stats and specs about the ride. The lights are still there just not used, as well as the sound effects that accompanied them. For the 'old ramp' if I remember that right, was added when the gold pass fast pass/track, was added for some rides...im pretty sure it was Beast/Drop Zone/Tomb Raider/ Italian Job and maybe another one or two rides. But the ramp was included in a path that coinsided with The Beast line of two years ago. The only reminents of that gold pass line is the ramp that now has lock to keep guests from going up that way, as well as in the first queue house the steps can be seen on the left as you go down into the queuehouse.

I'd always wondered why those steps were there. Thanks for the info :)

Any idea why the sound effects and the cool "The Beast has been unleashed!" sign aren't used anymore? I know they were used during "power hour" back in 2005, and it added to the fun.

Also, what is the point of the lights behind the fence to the right of the second queue lanes? I can't see any reason for there to be lights back there unless that building is used for storage or something.

I've noticed The Beast has WAY TOO MANY LIGHTS on at night. There are two in the turns after the second tunnel (before the 2nd lift hill) and a very bright one in the helix that reduces the effect of it.

The Beast is amazing when it's pitch black. PLEASE TURN THEM OFF. kthx.

I noticed that on my midnight ride last weekend. I was disappointed there were so many lights.

On the other hand, have you ever turned around while going up the lift at night and looked at the park? OMG it was beautiful.

How does Viking Fury suck this year? It's the same as last year.

i cant get on that ride without a group of tweens sitting right behind me, insisting on a screaming compition, sometimes i get off the ride and cant hear ANYTHING for a good 5-MIN.

No it's not. It's alot different than last year, just like Crypt is different from last year. The ride cycle is so much shorter, it seems slower, barley swings, and is just boring.

No it's not. It's alot different than last year, just like Crypt is different from last year. The ride cycle is so much shorter, it seems slower, barley swings, and is just boring.

I noticed that earlier this year! When we rode on the side where your back is to the lake, I remember you could see the tires when you went all the way up. Now they stay covered.

There's a phone in the elevator that goes up to the 275ft. level on the Eiffel Tower. Above the phone is a list of numbers, and Coney Mall is listed as "Coney Island" or "Old Coney".

We referred to Coney Mall as Old Coney. When I worked at the park not sure why though.

quote by pcc:

On the other hand, have you ever turned around while going up the lift at night and looked at the park? OMG it was beautiful.

I like doing that on Diamondback (especially at night). Internation Steet looks AMAZING with the lights on some of the buildings. They remind of the winter and gingerbread houses.

quote by pcc:

I like doing that on Diamondback (especially at night). Internation Steet looks AMAZING with the lights on some of the buildings. They remind of the winter and gingerbread houses.

There is a similar AMAZING/beautiful view of the park you get at night from the top of Flight Deck's first drop. You like tucked away in the corner and the whole park is there for you to see.

Another item, I was trying to figure out today whether it was an optical illusion or whether the track/spine color for Diamondback changes slightly as it goes into the splashdown area. It just looked a little darker than the piece next to it.

I noticed yesterday that the growing of grass has not been very successful around the splashdown of DB. I figured with the extra moisture the splashdown would create it would have been the best place for grass to grow.

I can't wait untill Diamondback has grass around the splashdown! It will look beautiful but no matter what it still is.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but if you are at the park in the morning, in front of the fountains at the Kings Island sign, the National Anthem is now performed live instead of the recording that nobody could ever really hear.

It is performed by one cast member each day from either Down Home Country or County Line. I will have a video up asap showing the singing of our National Anthem from today (Saturday)

The walk way fence on your right to get to Boomerang Bay has new speakers and there is one every 5 feet all the al to the entrance of Boomerang Bay and they are turned up way to loud. *A side not * I made a joke today since it was G.I Joe day at the park they had two armored vehicles at the entrance and one looked like a tank and someone asked me what the target on top of the Eiffel Tower was and I said see that tank,at 5 today that tank is going to try to hit that target with one of it's missiles and blow off the top of the Eiffel Tower he got a good laugh.

The walk way fence on your right to get to Boomerang Bay has new speakers and there is one every 5 feet all the al to the entrance of Boomerang Bay and they are turned up way to loud. *A side not * I made a joke today since it was G.I Joe day at the park they had two armored vehicles at the entrance and one looked like a tank and someone asked me what the target on top of the Eiffel Tower was and I said see that tank,at 5 today that tank is going to try to hit that target with one of it's missiles and blow off the top of the Eiffel Tower he got a good laugh.

Nice. That'd be cool. Except we'd loose the only platform that's open and it would look really awkward from miles away. So let's do it!

I made a joke today since it was G.I Joe day at the park they had two armored vehicles at the entrance and one looked like a tank and someone asked me what the target on top of the Eiffel Tower was and I said see that tank,at 5 today that tank is going to try to hit that target with one of it's missiles and blow off the top of the Eiffel Tower he got a good laugh.

That's hilarious. And it would be a cool sight to see; only if they promised to rebuild it.

Something I noticed on Saturday:

At the front of the park and throughout the park: the boards that advertise Skyline Chili, Marathon, and the brain teaser questions cycle up and down changing the ads. I've never seen this before. Has anyone else?