Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

Something I noticed on Saturday:

At the front of the park and throughout the park: the boards that advertise Skyline Chili, Marathon, and the brain teaser questions cycle up and down changing the ads. I've never seen this before. Has anyone else?

I have. When they first built them they would scroll up and down like that. Then it stopped working for some reason the past years. It seems like they fixed them all again. Just another little thing the maintenance team is doing to keep this park awesome! Keep it up!

i Noticed that next to AE to the right besided the almost impossible ladder climb, they added a pay to play guitar hero game. so that parents can buy their kids a Kings Island ticket and then pay for them to play guitar hero a game that most already have at home.

And i noticed that lil bill is a creepy creepy dude.

also i noticed a male ice skater tried to do the double twisty thing jump but landed on his butt during the endless summer on ice.

And lastly that threats dont mean anything thing to security not even repeated threats. Unless someone carries them out and someone is already hurt they will not do anything to help you. There job is only to go after people who steal things from the gift shop and stand around to give a false sense of saftey.

actually, im pretty sure it was part of the investigation. they had to make sure proper signage and audible warnings were in place like they are required. after the 06 incident is when they added that spiel, as part of the agreement to reopen the ride... so it doesnt surprise me they would turn it off since the investigation is over in that respect.

actually, im pretty sure it was part of the investigation. they had to make sure proper signage and audible warnings were in place like they are required. after the 06 incident is when they added that spiel, as part of the agreement to reopen the ride... so it doesnt surprise me they would turn it off since the investigation is over in that respect.

i can hear the new audio anouncement

"and oh yea, you might not want to ride if you have any health conditions"

Something I noticed on Saturday:

At the front of the park and throughout the park: the boards that advertise Skyline Chili, Marathon, and the brain teaser questions cycle up and down changing the ads. I've never seen this before. Has anyone else?

I have. When they first built them they would scroll up and down like that. Then it stopped working for some reason the past years. It seems like they fixed them all again. Just another little thing the maintenance team is doing to keep this park awesome! Keep it up!

I noticed that when I was there Saturday.. I was like, WHAA??.. "THE SIGN IS MOVING!!" I got SO many weird looks.. :lol:

-Action Theater's spiel no longer works.

-Action Theater plays in 2D about half the time.

-Action Theater's lights no longer turn off one row at a time.

-When Flight of Fear is broken down, the queue video freezes and the music turns off.

-Firehawk's queue is miserable in the heat.

-There is currently a Spongebob plush toy on top of Flight of Fear's UFO.

-The Beast doesn't seem to open for ERT every day.

-During ERT, the center fountains on I-Street are off.

I've noticed that KI has a massive Carpenter Bee problem. I also noticed a couple of them mating on Friday

They REALLY need to do something about that. It's getting incredibly annoying, and I've seen more than one small child crying because one stung them.

Carpenter bees rarely sting, mainly because the males don't have stingers and the females which do have stingers rarely leave the area around the nest/holes they bore into the wood.

i Noticed that next to AE to the right besided the almost impossible ladder climb, they added a pay to play guitar hero game. so that parents can buy their kids a Kings Island ticket and then pay for them to play guitar hero a game that most already have at home.

And i noticed that lil bill is a creepy creepy dude.

also i noticed a male ice skater tried to do the double twisty thing jump but landed on his butt during the endless summer on ice.

And lastly that threats dont mean anything thing to security not even repeated threats. Unless someone carries them out and someone is already hurt they will not do anything to help you. There job is only to go after people who steal things from the gift shop and stand around to give a false sense of saftey.

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks lil bill is creepy.

Their is a piece of the track called switch track. While the train is coming in the Rivertown station for the last time during that days operation their is an engineer standing on the left hand side of the track near the train house. Now I really don't know if he operate the switch manually or basically presses a button but when the last car of the aforementioned train passes over the switch the engineer switches the track to head towards the train house. Then as you mentioned the train heads backwards into the train house. This system operates kind of like roller coaster transfer track. Here's a picture.

20080202-EMDX_AiguillageAnime.gif

I noticed that the Diamondback air horns seem to be an "all clear" signal for the whole park when rides are down due to bad weather.

When I went with my dad on Tuesday, DB shut down a little before 4 pm because a severe storm was rolling in. Hardly any rides were running for a few hours. About half of the park had cleared out and the storm was finally passing when Dad and I were on the Eiffel Tower. We were looking all around the park to see no coasters running, and hardly any rides running.

Then, out of the blue, we heard the Diamondback air horns and saw the first train going up the hill. Moments later, trains started going up on Beast, Vortex, and Racer, as if following DB's lead.

those bees are everywhere! and they arent really suposed to be here either till like end of aug...broken weather i say!

uh i never really noticed that the trains are atual trains and while u are riding said trains past the junction of the walkway by the waterpark if u look to the left there a carved wooden bear back off in the trees also the old time bar setting theres a sign that says rooms are 15 cents gee dont we wish XD

that and in flight of frar the room is only half the size it looks theres mirriors...man i felt pretty stupid cayse i was all omg theres someone who looks like me across the way! also the cryogenicly frozen ppl are dressed in like old ambercrobe kakis and stuff ones even holding a pink panther toy! that and in the middle of the ride when it slows if u look at the trak above it says "done" lol

I noticed yesterday that the growing of grass has not been very successful around the splashdown of DB. I figured with the extra moisture the splashdown would create it would have been the best place for grass to grow.

I can't wait untill Diamondback has grass around the splashdown! It will look beautiful but no matter what it still is.

I don't think the splashdown is looking too hot right now with all that dirt in it...

• Like 1

that and in flight of frar the room is only half the size it looks theres mirriors...man i felt pretty stupid cayse i was all omg theres someone who looks like me across the way! also the cryogenicly frozen ppl are dressed in like old ambercrobe kakis and stuff ones even holding a pink panther toy! that and in the middle of the ride when it slows if u look at the trak above it says "done" lol

Congratulations, you experienced "mirrorlization!" :lol:

I noticed the "done" written on a support also. I'm intrigued by it. I also usually make a joke about it when we come to a complete and unnecessary stop on the mid-course.

Congratulations, you experienced "mirrorlization!" :lol:

I noticed the "done" written on a support also. I'm intrigued by it. I also usually make a joke about it when we come to a complete and unnecessary stop on the mid-course.

XD i felt REALLY stupid lol and really why IS that stop there anyways lol

you can say that again. the stop on there is soooo pointless.

No it's not

This isn't the thread for the argument, but I'm going to do it anyway.

It is completely pointless. The midcourse was turned off under Paramount. There is no midcourse even installed on the clone at Six Flags America. Therefore, that trim brake is completely unnecessary other than because Cedar Fair loves trim brakes.

Ok, I got that off my chest. I feel better now. :)