Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

Guest TombraiderTy
Nope. People have photos from past years of the SOB sign being removed and then the CB sign being put up.

Not saying I doubt you, but can you provide one of these photos?

Guest TombraiderTy
^Unless I'm mistaken, the Club Blood sign has just been laid over-top of the Son of Beast sign every year... I don't have a photo as proof, but that's what I remember (and quite honestly, what would make sense)

Nope. People have photos from past years of the SOB sign being removed and then the CB sign being put up.

Actually, as seen from this photo (not my own), the Club Blood sign was formerly just hung in front of the Son of Beast sign:

clubblood.jpg

Okay. I went back through the entire SOB thread to find the pictures. I could only find one with the CB sign and I guess if you look really closely you can see the two bars on each side that hold up the SOB sign.

DSCF4798.jpg

So, I guess I hadn't been looking hard enough and took other people's word.

But, in the following photo, I think it looks like they've just hung the black cloth in front of the sign:

sob_b4after2.jpg

Does someone have a picture where there is no SOB sign. The cloth is just closer to the front of the crate.

Okay. I went back through the entire SOB thread to find the pictures. I could only find one with the CB sign and I guess if you look really closely you can see the two bars on each side that hold up the SOB sign.

DSCF4798.jpg

So, I guess I hadn't been looking hard enough and took other people's word.

But, in the following photo, I think it looks like they've just hung the black cloth in front of the sign:

sob_b4after2.jpg

Does someone have a picture where there is no SOB sign. The cloth is just closer to the front of the crate.

yea but Andrew found the SOB sign in the sign shop against the wall a few weeks ago. he took a photo of it

The bad thing is I think those new flat screen menus are plasma tv's. If they are they won't last long because the burn in will set in and then they CAN'T change the price!!! :lol:

Most of the locations I've seen the new monitors used as menu boards, the screens change every :10 seconds or so, thus greatly reducing (if not elimitating completely) the threat of burn in. Because Plasma displays (and LCD for that matter) emit such low levels of heat, it takes significant exposuer to the same image to cause burn in (much, much more than on standard CRT, which was quite easy to burn into). I also think that some of the boards are animated, with there being a slight movement to all of the elements on the board, which would also eliminate burn in.

The cloth was originally just closer. Later, the sign was actually removed and the cloth was moved back. There was 2x4 in place of the SoB sign that could be seen through the cracks on the side of the crate.

I just read through this entire thread from beginning to end. Anyways, I have noticed the stench in between Festhaus and Delirium. It wreaks of vomit, it's almost unbearable. Another thing I have noticed is that the waterfall in the old Paramount Story is just sitting there dormant. I think that part of the park used to be beautiful, now that the Paramount Story is gone it is just kind of bland and blank. Also referring back to the old farm post, that is really creepy to me. I have never noticed that before but it is really close to Kings Island. My next time on Drop Tower I am going to have to look for some of these things previously discussed.

-I was riding in the third of fourth car on The Racer today. As we were leaving the station, making the turn, and heading to the lift, I noticed the front wheels of the front car popping wheelies :lol:.

-In the FOF room, there is a cat walk that goes from the right side of the mirror at the floor, and up and over the UFO and to the other side of the mirror.

-Club Blood's sign is now in the SOB crate.

-The fence that is in front of CB has been taken down.

-No one will see the Spongebob 3D show anymore as part of Urgent Scare has been put up.

-There is two sets of 10 foot scaffolding on Flight Deck's brake run. Also, there were a couple sets of brakes and some metal support brackets.

-Son of Beast's blue train has been uncovered.

-The field behind Delirium needs to be mowed.

-Diamondback was vibratng really badly today in row 16 (my niece even noticed it).

-When the Firehawk trains are raised, they make the station shake.

-Today, they were putting the hand stamps on peoples are (about halfway between the elbow and wrist, but slightly closer to the wrist.) I still haven't had mine washed off.

-People can eat a lot of spagetti really fast.

-There are Haunt decorations put up already.

I can't remember the other ones, but there were a couple really good one. :(

I thought of another thing. While sitting on the brake run for Dimaondback, I was looking around and I looked down at the footers and the things that makes the transfer track move. Well, on a few of the footers were wooden two by fours that they used to frame the final concrete that went under the supports.

I believe I have noticed the catwalk on Flight of Fear to, because it took me forever to realize there was a mirror on the other side.

-When you are in line for Vortex and you start to go up in the house, right below the big Vortex sign that lights up, you go up a set of like 3 stairs I think and make a slight left turn. After that turn you go up some more to a platform where you turn 180 degrees to the right. At this point look over the railing in front of you on the side of the station house. There is an air conditioning unit sitting on the side of the station. On top of this AC unit there is a very detailed smiley face drawn on the top. The unit is way too far out of reach for someone to lean over and draw it, as it is too high off the ground for someone to do the same. So how did it get there I wonder?

last sunday i noticed how some people can get through a whole ride on Diamondback with flip flops, then end up losing them while setting on the brake run and them fall under the catwalk beside them.

Its because people kick their legs. I did that on opening day, right before we came into the station it fell off and went under the turn into the Station. An employee went and got it for me.

I noticed that while riding Delirium, you can looks awayh from Action Zone. When you do that, look between SOB and AE. There is a large piece of land that is flat and pretty clear. A great spot for a new attraction if you take out the go kart type things.

Edit: 1,000th post!!!!! Can I get a whoot whoot ! I'm officially a KIC Star Member!!!!! :)B)

I always thought that BLSC should have been built there (if they took out the go-karts) it would have fit in perfectly with that area, rather than in coney mall. I guess that was one of brain farts that Paramount had during planning of the ride :P

On a side note, congrats on your #1,000

This may be off topic, does anyone have a list on the number of poasts you need to go up a level or does it even work that way thanks

i Noticed that next to AE to the right besided the almost impossible ladder climb, they added a pay to play guitar hero game. so that parents can buy their kids a Kings Island ticket and then pay for them to play guitar hero a game that most already have at home.

And i noticed that lil bill is a creepy creepy dude.

also i noticed a male ice skater tried to do the double twisty thing jump but landed on his butt during the endless summer on ice.

And lastly that threats dont mean anything thing to security not even repeated threats. Unless someone carries them out and someone is already hurt they will not do anything to help you. There job is only to go after people who steal things from the gift shop and stand around to give a false sense of saftey.

About the ice thing ik i have seen it alot, and if it is the same thing at the bac o school dance it happens a lot to the same person

I noticed that they added a soccer game right where Guitar Hero is. Guitar Hero is on the side facing the rope climbing thing and the soccer is on the opposite side facing the walkway. They have pins set up in front of the net and you have to kick a ball and know down all of the pins (like the baseball throwing thing).

Sitting smack in the middle of the train (3-3) on Blue Racer gives you an incredibly smooth ride.

There was an announcement for the nightly fireworks show yesterday even though the park closed at 8

There was no "the rides and attractions are now closing" spiel at the end of the night - things just shut down at 8

There were several large banners placed around the park advertising various sideshow characters (obviously related to Haunt in some way).

There was an announcement for the nightly fireworks show yesterday even though the park closed at 8

There was no "the rides and attractions are now closing" spiel at the end of the night - things just shut down at 8

I noticed the fireworks announcement too. I was kind of confused.

And yes, there was a rides and attractions closing announcement, but it was at about 8:15 rather than right at close like it normally is.

I noticed Diamondback opened up after a rain delay about 15 minutes before park close.

And I noticed that some of the skeleton props (such as the girl with a tail, two-headed person, etc) have been moved from the center islands of Coney Mall to over in a corner near Jukebox Diner. I think this was to set up the big banners Oldiesmann mentioned.