Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

I noticed that the building that Flight of Fear is in has a big 18 on it. Which I think refers to Hangar 18, which is a sick megadeth song :lol:

It's actually a reference to the rumored Hangar 18 at Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, which many UFO conspiracy theorists believe houses evidence of the 1947 Roswell UFO crash. The Megadeth song is also named after the supposed building at Wright Pat.

Im pretty sure Hanger 18 isnt in wright pat. They say it is in Area 51 in Nevada.

QUOTE (Jason B @ Oct 17 2009, 11:03 PM)
The Coke Bottle at Coke Oasis has been removed (as is sitting in the grass between Racers and AE).

I never noticed that it was removed they should have just put a body out of the lid.

I strongly suspect The Coca-Cola Company of Atlanta, Georgia might have a thing or two to say about that....just as Chick-Fil-A did about something else during the Boo event at Kings Island a couple of years back...

I noticed that the building that Flight of Fear is in has a big 18 on it. Which I think refers to Hangar 18, which is a sick megadeth song :lol:

It's actually a reference to the rumored Hangar 18 at Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, which many UFO conspiracy theorists believe houses evidence of the 1947 Roswell UFO crash. The Megadeth song is also named after the supposed building at Wright Pat.

Im pretty sure Hanger 18 isnt in wright pat. They say it is in Area 51 in Nevada.

Wrght-Pat is where the aliens from Rosewell were supposted to had been flown to. Hangar 18 was said to be at W-P and had an underground complex.

Guest TombraiderTy

^Nope: http://ufos.about.com/od/ufohistory/a/wp1.htm

As a kid I was VERY interested in UFOs. I read many a book on the subject and always thought it was so cool that the remains of the Roswell crash were so close to home.

Also worth noting is Department 47, the fictitious department where all this extra-terrestrial activity is occurring. It's a reference to the year 1947- the year of the first reported modern UFO sighting.

Interesting conversation going on. I would just like to add that all hangers at Wright-Patterson have been reassigned since the early '70's. Some are gone and new ones are in there place, others are still there. The older section of the base, (Wright field) is mainly made up of research buildings and the AF museum. It did (or may still) have a hanger 18 with a research building attached to it, this may or may not be the Presidential hanger or the rebuild and fabrication hanger. If you look at Bing Maps and look at the Wright field section it might be obvious to you, but you will not be able to see an underground research facility that may or may not exist. I hope that I have been as clear as the Interpreter is? What I do know is that Wright-Patterson has the BEST medical facilities of any base any where, always have. There is at least one person on here who owes his life to those people. (I wish they had an Alfred Hitchcack emoticon.) (sp intentional, I hate *)

Ok. Sol I have a list from yesterday and a couple weeks ago when I went to Kings Island:

-There was a cloth basketball on a building to the right of Diamondback (seen going up lift hill)

-There was a skeleton with a snake coming out of it on the net under Diamondback's first drop (not there yeasterday)

-There were tons of hats under the first drop on Flight Deck

-People get into the line for the Crypt and think it is Dimaondback

-It is a little (just a little) chilly while riding Diamondback and it is 40* outside.

-From The Racer entrance to Adventure Express there is very little Haunt stuff (and even beyond AE)

The Flight of Fear entrance (over the outdoor queue area) says "Fort Kinzel / Press Area / Enter Here" (the '/' is the next line)

And, the most astonishing is.... *drumroll*

-The trains have been removed from the storage track on Son of Beast!

Ok. Sol I have a list from yesterday and a couple weeks ago when I went to Kings Island:

-There was a cloth basketball on a building to the right of Diamondback (seen going up lift hill)

-There was a skeleton with a snake coming out of it on the net under Diamondback's first drop (not there yeasterday)

-There were tons of hats under the first drop on Flight Deck

-People get into the line for the Crypt and think it is Dimaondback

-It is a little (just a little) chilly while riding Diamondback and it is 40* outside.

-From The Racer entrance to Adventure Express there is very little Haunt stuff (and even beyond AE)

The Flight of Fear entrance (over the outdoor queue area) says "Fort Kinzel / Press Area / Enter Here" (the '/' is the next line)

And, the most astonishing is.... *drumroll*

-The trains have been removed from the storage track on Son of Beast!

Okay obviously I added the emphasis... but shouldn't you ... i don't know, maybe sort of kind of mention that in the SOB thread?????!?!?!?!?! Kidding aside are you serious? and if so please elaborate in the SOB thread so that anyone following SOB reads it and stuff.....

on Sunday I was in line for DB under the track between the station and the lift hill... I looked up and noticed a lot of gum in the net. I could only assume it's because people on DB are attempting to spit their gum on the people in line. Sticking it on walls and rails is bad enough, but spitting it onto innocent people just trying to have fun? That leads me to ask... has anyone had gum spit on them while waiting in line for DB?

• 3 weeks later...