Little Things You Notice

coaster_junky

Dudes.... read the Wiki article. Male carpenter bees, the ones that are so menacing, are actually harmless. They do not sting. They have NO STINGER! Female carpenter bees do pack quite a punch but they RARELY leave the nest and rarely are aggressive (except for defending the nest).

It is rather odd, though, because the Male's sole job is to gather food for the females and guard the nest. The only way they know how is to hover nearby and pounce on anything that moves. This is why they are always dive bombing you. They can not sting you. All they can do is scare the bejezzus out of you so you will leave the area.

This is a great thread, BTW.

My first trip back in nearly 2 years is coming up.

Having ridden Diamondback 19 times this weekend, I noticed a couple of things on the right side of the first hill:

A safety sign along the stairs saying something about "In case of evacuation ..." with an arrow pointing towards the top of the hill.

A weather gizmo of some sort at the top of the hill.

Not sure about the graffiti, but cleaning up the used gum in the final tunnel on Racer would be quite a chore in and of itself. Still, it would be good to see it gone. To prevent that from happening in the future, they should put cameras back there. Then they could fine people for putting their gum back there, and deal with the graffiti "artists" as current park rules dictate.

Picnic table to the right of The Beast's 2nd lift hill. Silhouettes of the 'lady' and 'gent' who used to point the way to each rivertown restroom. Different music in different parts of the park/lines...really liked hearing The Band an Credence in rivertown-very fitting.

I just now noticed the waterfall going into DB's splashdown yesterday. I also never noticed the tiny arcade tucked back over by the LaRosa's in Rivertown. It's amazing what things you notice when you actually stop to look around.

I also noticed two girls smoking in a non smoking area on the bricks between the airbrush tattoo and Shake Rattle and Roll. An employee saw them and did nothing.

They really should consider an outright ban of smoking in the kids Nic Univ Area (Rivertown to International Street); little kids don't need to be introduced to this. If an adult wants to smoke with their kids that bad, let them goto the adult side of the park and just hurt their own kid(s); Mine and yours don't need second hand smoke.

In all fairness, that ride is one of the most turbulent in the park...

Lateral Gs. Those turns need some banking.

I would also add Little Bills Giggle Coaster to the list. I hate that &^$%& thing. :angry:

If you've never been on it, you have no idea what I am talking about.

Not sure about the graffiti, but cleaning up the used gum in the final tunnel on Racer would be quite a chore in and of itself. Still, it would be good to see it gone. To prevent that from happening in the future, they should put cameras back there. Then they could fine people for putting their gum back there, and deal with the graffiti "artists" as current park rules dictate.

It seems the the red Racer tunnel has replaced the tree that used to be outside The Beast's entrance as the place to stick gum.

Ive noticed 2 things on friday. 1)Going to Flight Decks, they have painted over the "High Security Area" sign, 2)If you order Hanks Favorites(Formally,Forrests Favorites) at Outer Hanks, it still has a fake newspaper to hold the food in,talking about stuff like "jenny Gump dies at age 23" and "Forrest Gump runs across america."

Ive noticed 2 things on friday. 1)Going to Flight Decks, they have painted over the "High Security Area" sign, 2)If you order Hanks Favorites(Formally,Forrests Favorites) at Outer Hanks, it still has a fake newspaper to hold the food in,talking about stuff like "jenny Gump dies at age 23" and "Forrest Gump runs across america."

And I'm pretty sure the map still calls the place 'Bubba Gump's'

is it just me, but walking to Flight Deck isnt bad, but walkin back up is a different story. I know it is a amusement park, but THAT is the only area of the park that you have to walk down and up hills to get to a ride.

is it just me, but walking to Flight Deck isnt bad, but walkin back up is a different story. I know it is a amusement park, but THAT is the only area of the park that you have to walk down and up hills to get to a ride.

I think it is so far back because when Paramount owned the park, the walk back was full of theaming.

• 4 weeks later...

^speaking of rides being planned before the park being purchaced by another company, does anyone on here that can tell, and will tell know if Diamondback was already thought of before the park was sold by paramount?

i tried my hardest to make my question "terpy proof"