Kings Island: May 2, 2009

gigacoaster2k

I left my house around 7:30 am. It takes me a few minutes over an hour to get to Kings Island from my house, but I was hungry and wanted to stop and get breakfast.

I stopped at the West Milton McDonalds, and I got two breakfast sandwiches and an iced coffee.. but got no napkins. What's up with that?

Anyway, I got to the park a little before 9 am just in time to see Dustin (pkiruler102) arrive in the parking lot. It was dead at the time, I managed to get spot number 2 in row 50 of gold pass parking.

Dustin and I went straight for Diamondback, of course. Our very first ride was in the very front seat, something I'd had yet to do. The front seat was amazing, but I still prefer the back of the train. We ran back for two more rides. On one of these rides, a cell phone flew about a foot away from my face.

After that, we headed to Beast, where there were maybe 5 people in the station. It was completely deserted so we went for the very second seat. After the first ride, we saw that there was still no one waiting for our seat, so the ride op said we could stay on. That was the first time I'd done something like that, and my single greatest bragging right of the day.

We both wanted to ride Vortex and Flight of Fear, so we hit Backlot Stunt Coaster on the way, and went for the very front seat. I am so glad to ride with people who think that is a fun ride.

After BLSC, we hit Vortex and I explained to him why we should ride in seat 5:1. We did, and I think I have him spoiled on that seat now. Like Kat said, there's virtually no headbanging in that seat.

Then it was off to Flight of Fear. We rode in the second to back seat, and this time they had all the lights off. I like it much better that way, I don't think the ride really lives up to its name unless you can't see where you are going.. but a few of the lights were on so I could see bits and pieces of the track. FOF has some serious headchoppers toward the end of the ride, I love it.

We exited FOF to see Ashley (Ashers) and Kyle (kjkjkj) outside waiting for us. The four of us decided to head for Action Zone, as we are all Drop Tower fans. But at this point, it was nearing Dustin's time to leave, and he wanted to ride Delirium. While we were in line for Delirium, we met up with derek9312 and his girlfriend.

We all headed toward Drop Tower, and his girlfriend chose not to ride. This is where my ditziness kicks in. When we got to the gate, I told the ride op we had four people, and thought it was cool that we were seats 37-40. I walked to my seat, got in and pulled the restraint down only to have Dustin look at me and say, "You told him we had four?" I looked over to see Derek laughing at me in the queue. I forgot that he was with our group, and I felt awful. So we waited for him to get off on the next ride.

The six of us headed back over to Diamondback, and rode twice in a row. This was when Dustin had to leave, because he had to work. Ash, Kyle and I walked out with him because the three of us needed things from our cars. It was getting pretty warm out by this time, and was still very sunny regardless of the rain forecast. It was around this time that I regretted leaving my sunblock at home. I dumped my hoodie, grabbed my sunglasses, and Ash, Kyle and I headed back to the park. We grabbed some food at Juke Box Diner, which was quite a bit of food for the price. I could barely finish my plate, it was so huge.

After eating, we hit the very rear seats of Racer. The blue train broke down, and someone said "It's because someone fell out." When we were exiting, a group of girls in front of us saw Slingshot go up, and one of them said, "That's the Fireball! We should go get a ticket." :lol:

We headed to Vortex, and it kept breaking down due to "minor technical problems." Does anyone know why Vortex is breaking down so much this year? I'm not annoyed, just curious. I've seen it broken down at least twice a day in the three times I've been to the park since opening day. (By the way, the phone in that station is LOUD!) We waited it out, and I rode seat 5:1 with Kyle. He noticed the difference in that seat too.

Back to Rivertown we went, as we all wanted to ride Crypt. The line was insane, so we opted for (surprise) Diamondback. On this ride, we saw an open cell phone fly up into the air from the front of the train and spin slowly, almost Matrix style. After Diamondback, we hit Crypt. The guy in front of us had horrid BO and kept farting, and it led to Ash, Kyle and I telling each other how gross we all smelled. We told Kyle to get away because he smelled like onions, so he told her she smelled like taco seasoning, and then Ash told me I smelled like Doritos (We didn't really smell funky, we just had a lot of fun picking on each other!).

Someone managed to lose their car keys in the queue. On the ride, the girl next to me was yelling that she was going to die because she lost her chapstick.

DB from the Crypt's queue.

2838_167266505276_640870276_6730220_1234

I really like this shot of DB.

2838_167266525276_640870276_6730221_7958

After Crypt, we headed for a back seat ride on Beast.

2838_167266535276_640870276_6730223_2891

This is when we looked over to see DB stuck on the MCBR. It had been stuck there for a while, and we were told that one of the air compressors on the MCBR broke down and it valleyed. At this point, we were afraid that it wouldn't be back up for the rest of the night, and Ash wasn't happy because she wanted a night ride.

I had told Ashley in The Beast station that I felt like giving Son of Beast another chance because everyone on here keeps telling me to ride in the front seat..

I finally caved, and we went for it.

2838_167266540276_640870276_6730224_6104

The line seemed like it was taking forever. When we finally got to the front seat, we were in the blue train. I asked Ashley and myself what I was doing, riding this, as we left the station.

My jaw dropped as we roared through the banks and hills of this wooden monster. It wasn't hurting me, at all!

Anyone who doesn't like SOB, you need to ride in the very front seat of the blue train. It was surprisingly smooth and enjoyable. No jolts, no jackhammering, no being thrown against the side or back of the seat. Just flying through wooden track at insane speeds. Thanks to everyone who told me to give it another chance.. except for Ash getting a gnat in her eye.

I was freezing after that ride, and so was Ash. We headed back out to our cars for our hoodies. I put on my dark blue Millennium Force hoodie, and met back up with her to see her wearing a Cedar Point hoodie. That was funny.

The three of us went for a night ride on Drop Tower, and Ash started screaming that DB was running again. We got all excited again, and bolted for DB as soon as our ride on Drop Tower was over. While we were in line for DB, someone in the queue wearing a Cedar Fair VIP jacket saw my MF hoodie, reached over, gave me a high five and said, "I work the ride." We heard people behind us going on about how they were going to pick up Vortex and relocate it.

Diamondback was our last ride of the night.

2838_167266560276_640870276_6730228_8127

Sunburnt, sore, exhausted, hungry, thirsty and happy, we headed for our cars a little bit after 10 pm.

Ash and Kyle, it was great to meet you. Thanks to everyone who rode with me, it is people like you that make my days at KI worth talking about. :)

My total ride count:

Diamondback - 7

Beast - 3

Drop Tower - 2

Vortex - 2

BLSC - 1

FOF - 1

Red Racer - 1

Son of Beast - 1

Crypt - 1

Delirium - 1

I had a great time yesterday! It was a lot of fun meeting you and Dustin! It was a lot of fun meeting someone who is as obsessed with Kings Island and acts as goofy as we do! :lol: Even though the park was full of snot nose brats, I still had a fun trip. Vortex in 5-1 was AWESOME! There was actually almost no headbanging!

I am so glad Diamondback reopened in time for us to get back on it as our last ride. Night ride on Diamondback = AMAZING! I loved it! Especially riding in the very back seat! I still need to get my first front row ride on Diamondback! I still kind of wish we'd gotten our onride photo. Oh well...

I had a great time and I am glad we met up! Diamondback at night was the perfect end to a great day at Kings Island. We had a great time messing around and just acting goofy. :lol:

I can't wait until this coming weekend! RWW!!!

^ They were indeed, I had a few encounters with these kids. One of them was sitting on a handrail and did a faceplant into the concrete. They had it coming they were out of control. Angie I think I was infront of you and dustin on Diamondback at night. (were you near the back?)

Angie I think I was infront of you and dustin on Diamondback at night. (were you near the back?)

Dustin left around 1 pm. You might have seen me riding with Ash and Kyle. I was wearing my navy blue MF hoodie and screaming like a madwoman. :lol:

Edit: TR is now a PTR. :)

I forgot to mention that I did buy a shirt from the DB gift shop (the cute pink one with the snake shaped as a heart, and the DB logo in the middle).. I'm going to need a separate drawer for all of my coaster apparel. :lol:

i really like the Diamondback shirt that sorta looks like an indiana jones movie cover, but none of the gift shops had it in a large

sounds like you had a great time. Im mad that you got to ride the crypt. It was closed on friday. gerrr..... never gonna get a ride on that thing.

the Crypt was open on Friday after the rain. No wait...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun :) I was there yesterday and was trying to look for familiar faces, but didn't see any :(

I was frustrated because almost every ride I was in line for had a technical difficulty right when I was about to ride, so it took an additional 10 minutes for them to fix it.

Awesome PTR Angie! It was nice meeting all of you and I can finally say I semi broke my habit of not introducing myself. When you rode Beast in the morning and went for the second row, me and Sarah I believe were the next train on for the front seat.

I had a really great time hanging out with all of you, especially with Drop Tower. I really did think it was funny but that was all my fault for being the real quiet person. Sorry for not meeting back up with you guys, Sarah and I had to leave early and she wanted to ride a couple of rides before we left so I went ahead and let her do that. Glad you had a great time yesterday though and hope to see you and everybody else at the park again sometime soon!

Angie didnt post this, but we had some fun on my last ride on DB, tell them what i did angie, or kyle, or ashley!i got pinched by angie for doing this the whole time, and for some reason in all my on ride photos i look like i am on some HEAVY medication!!, wish i wouldve bought one lol.

i found out 1st post in wrong TR now angie can explain