Ride count on Diamondback?

KI Kevin

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at 16 right now but for me, it's not about the numbers. It's about having fun and enjoying the newest member of the KI family.

Wow I only have 7 :( I can't convince my sister to just ride Diamondback over and over again! :P

well thats no fun. you can actually get (extremely) wet on Diamondback if you try. i did it by (a very stupid) accident. not sure if youre supposed to though...

I actually got wet in row 16 of the red train Sunday. I had my hands straight up and it still got me. I was told that the red train will more often than not get you wet. I don't remember which train it was on, but on Friday, I got soaked in the right side of row 16. Absolutely soaked. That one knocked my arm forward quite a bit. I was actually trying to get wet on that one though.

I actually got wet in row 16 of the red train Sunday. I had my hands straight up and it still got me. I was told that the red train will more often than not get you wet. I don't remember which train it was on, but on Friday, I got soaked in the right side of row 16. Absolutely soaked. That one knocked my arm forward quite a bit. I was actually trying to get wet on that one though.

thats exactly where i got wet. red train. if you put any part of your body out just slightly back, you'll get wet. i started by accidentely putting my hear back there, and next thing i know, my hair is wet and my face is soaked

Right at 25.

This has been discussed before but night rides are much better, not only for the visuals but because the ride is faster. We sat in the very back row and we were still catching air on the "up" part of the second and third hills. We even got some fantastic floater air over every hill in the middle of the train!

On my second ride yesterday, I was in row 16 on the left side. The guy next to me decided to turn around to look at the splashback, and got soaked. My left armpit got a little damp from the spray.

yeah i wanted to see what it looked like haha

Marathoned in the SRL today. It was great.

That may have been you that I kept meeting in line ^_^ ...I was wearing a Danville baseball shirt...

There were quite a few people doing that, though.

Were you wearing orange rimmed sunglasses and had just come from work? If not then it was just a random guy marathon-ing, however the conversations we had in line were pleasant...

I'm still in the single digits, but on Saturday afternoon rode with someone who has been marathoning Diamondback and was on ride 73 (he was hoping to be over 100 by the end of Sunday). I hope to hit 100 sometime this season.

I'm still in the single digits, but on Saturday afternoon rode with someone who has been marathoning Diamondback and was on ride 73 (he was hoping to be over 100 by the end of Sunday). I hope to hit 100 sometime this season.

That might have been me. Was at KI Saturday afternoon for just a few hours and rode rides 71-75 that day. Would have had more but had Bat Mitzvah to attend in the morning and a dinner at night.

On my second ride yesterday, I was in row 16 on the left side. The guy next to me decided to turn around to look at the splashback, and got soaked. My left armpit got a little damp from the spray.

yeah i wanted to see what it looked like haha

So that was you in a black T-shirt?